Feedback
6 (100%)
Old thread was old.

Genre: Adventure/Mystery
Developer: Grasshopper Manufacture [DS port by h.a.n.d]
US Publisher: XSeed
US Release Date: June 29?
Amazon Link

Before Suda51 made his debut in the West with Killer7 in 2005, then unknown Grasshopper Manufacture developed 2 adventure games: The Silver Case (PS1)[1999] and Flower, Sun and Rain (PS2)[2001]. In 2008 it was remade for the DS.

My understanding of the premise:
You are at an island resort that gets blown up by terrorists at the end of the day. You are constantly reliving this same day as you come closer to sorting it out. Getting blown up day after day slowly affects your sanity. You've got a suitcase with code cracking tools that help you find people's items and solve their problems? Expect Suda's characteristic twisted design.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIQoT4qXAWw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']Releasing this week? I hopes so.[/QUOTE]

thats what everyone has it listed. Personally, I would be surprised to find it next weekend

I got my copy today.

definitely has a Killer 7 vibe going on... but other than that this game is weird...

and not very fun either...

basically u walk slow to point A and point B, gather information, and solve puzzles.

all the puzzles are exactly the same tho, numerical inputs... or at least, I assume they are since I read the solutions spoilers for the entire game, it's like an answer key to a math test.

input method is ass. use your stylus to turn a dial, enter, repeat.

and if u mess up, u exit back to the field, have to enter the puzzle again, and have to go thru the introductory text dialog AGAIN... this game is definitely gonna be unnecessarily longer than it need be.

but other than that, I'll stick with it coz I'm interested in the story... I'll jus make sure to play with the solutions guide.

-EDIT-

I'm not gonna spoiler tag this, but here's an example of one of the first puzzles in the game.

there are twins, and they jus had their birthday and have also jus entered adulthood, what is the combined age of them??

I thought adulthood is 18 so my answer was 36, wrong. Tried 42, tried 50, both are wrong.

The answer is 40. wtf is that?!?! If that's the japanese standard for what is considered adulthood then they kinda messed up the localization...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe 20 each, since even at 19 - you're still a "teen". In our society though, 18 is considered the adult age, but it still has teen at the end, so I guess the translation got lost somewhere.

bread's done
Back