flu advice from MSNBC

daria19

CAGiversary!
Check out the last line of this (the rest provided for context)...disturbing.

No-nonsense tips

Finally, a few ideas you can use and share in the workplace to help stop the spread of flu germs:

If you know you’re sick with the flu, stay home.
Get a flu shot, which not only protects you but helps prevent contagion.
Within a day of becoming ill, ask your doctor about antiviral medications, which can shorten the episode and contain the virus.
Be especially cautious between late December and early March, the peak of flu season.
Sneeze or cough into your elbow, not into your hands.
Clean phones, doorknobs and desktops with alcohol swabs.
Throw used tissues away!
Wash your hands and face often with hot, soapy water.
During flu season, never let anyone lick your keyboard.

[quote name='daria19']
Throw used tissues away!
Wash your face often with hot, soapy water.
During flu season, never let anyone lick your keyboard.[/QUOTE]

There's not a font size large enough to represent the following letters .. WTF?!!

And is it just me or does anyone else think this whole bird flu thing (which isnt even possible to be caught by humans right now) is just a smoke screen to get people's minds off the fact that Bush has the lowest approval rating of any president in the history of the United States, Cheney and Rove (basically the President) are all but guilty of treason, and gas prices are astronomically high? I guess right now would be the time a war would be artificially created as a diversion but since that has already happened and is part of the reason Bush's approval rating is so low thats not an alternative.

(I think maybe I should go get my flame retardant suit right now)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking people are making way to big a deal about this but if worse comes to worse a flu shot should protect you.

[quote name='daria19']Check out the last line of this (the rest provided for context)...disturbing.

No-nonsense tips

Finally, a few ideas you can use and share in the workplace to help stop the spread of flu germs:

If you know you’re sick with the flu, stay home.
Get a flu shot, which not only protects you but helps prevent contagion.
Within a day of becoming ill, ask your doctor about antiviral medications, which can shorten the episode and contain the virus.
Be especially cautious between late December and early March, the peak of flu season.
Clean phones, doorknobs and desktops with alcohol swabs.
Throw used tissues away!
Wash your hands and face often with hot, soapy water.

Yet another reason why people should be keeping tissues next to thier computer.

its because of the Avian Flu pandemic which is quite deadly. Bush is pretty sure its going to hit and since there is no vaccine, people are freaking out.

The last deadly flu epedemic was in 1917 it's bound to happen again. The media just loves to make a big deal out of everything. A few years back it was the West Nile Virus and it's the Avian Flue.

[quote name='daria19']

Also please don't homerow anyone with the keyboard of a sick person. :D

[quote name='daria19']During flu season, never let anyone lick your keyboard.[/QUOTE]
Can you provide the link to this article? I'm not doubting you. It's just that I find this last one so outrageous that I want to see it for myself. :lol:

There is sort of vaccine. It can prevent the flu from becoming serious and killing you, but isn't an exact match so you'll still get sick.

Though, maybe they're just warning people away from freaky office sex?

hell I already had the flu this year. I was puke'n and poop'n all fucking day! I threw up until my stomach had nothing left to come out except for this weird green slime looking shit. Then I had chocolate milk shootin out my ass all day long. Worst.Day.Evar. :puke:

[quote name='mr ryles']hell I already had the flu this year. I was puke'n and poop'n all fucking day! I threw up until my stomach had nothing left to come out except for this weird green slime looking shit. Then I had chocolate milk shootin out my ass all day long. Worst.Day.Evar. :puke:[/QUOTE]

I've never even had the flew. Well, at least I never had anything that was worse than a cold or that I recognized as the flu. I'm glad I don't know what it's like. I've had more colds than most people I know, though I've only got about 2 a year for the past 3 or 4 years.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']fuck... I've already let 4 people lick my keyboard this month[/QUOTE]

You said I was the only one!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You said I was the only one![/QUOTE]

... and at the time you were, but you never called me back and my keyboard got dry

[quote name='daria19']

So any other time it's still OK, right?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']... and at the time you were, but you never called me back and my keyboard got dry[/QUOTE]

freaking hilarious
:D

[quote name='daria19']During flu season, never let anyone lick your keyboard.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

I used to know a girl who caried hand sanitizer with her. She used it to thouroughly clean lab keyboards etc before use. With this licking epidemic (or is it just a fad?) I think I finally understand why. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']:shock:

I used to know a girl who caried hand sanitizer with her. She used it to thouroughly clean lab keyboards etc before use. With this licking epidemic (or is it just a fad?) I think I finally understand why. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Neither epidemic nor fad... It's a way of life! :D

bread's done
Back