Flyers April 16th-22nd [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
RCSS Ontario

No tax event Apr 17-18
Coupon for free SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 with PSP
God of War 3, Heavy Rain, MAG, Uncharted 2 - $54.99 ($5 off)

Avatar - Blu-ray for $22.99 on Apr. 22 only

Best Buy

Trade in 1 get GOW III for free details up Friday at bestbuy.ca/tradeingames
PSP Go - $199.99 ($50 off)
PSP 3000 - $149.99 ($20 off)
Tekken 6 PSP - $19.99 ($20 off)
Avatar: The Game - $19.99 ($20 off)
Buy Bioshock 2, ($69.99) get Bioshock free
Borderlands - $49.99 (Price Drop)
Call of Duty 4 $39.99
World At War - $39.99
Modern Warfare 2 - $44.99 ($15 off)
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller - $44.99 ($15 off)
DSi XL #199.99 and get a free Brain Age 2
Buy 2 and save $15: Pokemon Heart Gold/Silver, Legend of Zelda Spirit tracks, and Mario and Luigi Bowser's inside story.
Pre order and Save $5 Red Dead redemption, Mario Galaxy 2, Alan Wake, Lost Planet 2.
Wireless N 360 $79.99

Toys R Us

Nothing worth mentioning either, but here's what's in the flyer anyway:

Just Dance Wii - $34.97
My Fitness Coach 2 Wii - $24.97
Gold's Gym Cardio Workout Wii - $14.97
Your Shape Wii - $64.97

Save $10 on all $29.99 and up Imagine and Petz titles
DJ Hero [same price for PS3/360/Wii I assume] - $94.97
Splinter Cell Conviction 360 - $64.99
Heavy Rain PS3 - $49.97
Nintendo DSi - $179.99 with free $5 Toys R Us Gift Card
Nintendo DSi XL - $199.99, no gift card

Walmart

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $24.83
Monster Hunter Wii $49.83
Mass Effect 2 $49.83

Zellers

Nothing

Avatar Blu Ray/DVD combo $26.99 Thursday April 22nd-24th Receive a $10 savings card with purchase. Redeemable April 25th to May 9th.

Future Shop Same thing as last week

Xbox 360 Splinter Cell Conviction Elite Bundle - $399.99
Xbox 360 Elite Bundle with Forza/Halo - $299.99
Pokeman Heart Gold or Silver DS - $39.99
Spongebob vs The Big One Beach Party Cookoff DS - $19.99
Glory of Heracles DS - $19.99
Borderlands EXpansion Pack - $24.99
Mass Effect 2 - $49.99
360 Wireless Headset - $55.99
360 Wireless Controllers with 6ft HDMI - $47.99
DSi - $179.99 comes with free game and case
PSP 3000 - $169.99

Games $19.99:
Prince Of Persia
Metal Gear Solid LE
Street Fighter 4
Fight Night Round 4
NHL 2K10
Dark Void

Games for $29.99 ($20 off)
Fable 2
Halo Wars
Killzone 2
Infamous
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2

Trade 2 get it free for
Splinter Cell Conviction
God Of War 3
Final Fantasy 13

Last edited by a moderator:
Toys R Us [Apr 16-22]
Nothing worth mentioning either, but here's what's in the flyer anyway:

- Just Dance Wii - $34.97
- My Fitness Coach 2 Wii - $24.97
- Gold's Gym Cardio Workout Wii - $14.97
- Your Shape Wii - $64.97

- Save $10 on all $29.99 and up Imagine and Petz titles
- DJ Hero [same price for PS3/360/Wii I assume] - $94.97
- Splinter Cell Conviction 360 - $64.99
- Heavy Rain PS3 - $49.97
- Nintendo DSi - $179.99 with free $5 Toys R Us Gift Card
- Nintendo DSi XL - $199.99, no gift card

Don't forget the RCSS/Loblaws Tax Free Weekend that the yayhoos at RFD have confirmed. I have the RCSS flyer and there will be a tax free weekend.

I want to get those Hungry Man dinners. 2 for $4!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Great quote. I LOL'd when I read it in the thread on RFD. So true...

Anyone going to buy Avatar on Blu-Ray? Does it have the 3D version included, or will that come later? I personally wouldn't be able to enjoy the movie as much if it wasn't in 3D.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']^^ Great quote. I LOL'd when I read it in the thread on RFD. So true...

Anyone going to buy Avatar on Blu-Ray? Does it have the 3D version included, or will that come later? I personally wouldn't be able to enjoy the movie as much if it wasn't in 3D.[/QUOTE]

It definitely doesn't have the 3D version included. I heard this was a bare-bones edition, with a better one coming later.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Anyone going to buy Avatar on Blu-Ray? Does it have the 3D version included, or will that come later? I personally wouldn't be able to enjoy the movie as much if it wasn't in 3D.[/QUOTE]
I was searching for info on the 3D version, and supposedly it isn't coming till MAYBE November (source: bluray.com or something?).

I was also disappointed to learn that 3D BR requires a 3D TV. And mine isn't the minimum 120Hz :(

[quote name='addone']I was searching for info on the 3D version, and supposedly it isn't coming till MAYBE November (source: bluray.com or something?).

I was also disappointed to learn that 3D BR requires a 3D TV. And mine isn't the minimum 120Hz :([/QUOTE]

Actually you need a 3D TV, glasses for each person watching, 3D compatible BR player, 3D bluray movies. And most important, more money than sense.

nooooo i saw a demo of 3d tv at bestbuy its performance was not very impressive... might as well go watch on the BIG SCREEEEEN imax that is muuuch more enjoyable than dinky 3d tv at home just seemed like hd tv to me nothing more

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']nooooo i saw a demo of 3d tv at bestbuy its performance was not very impressive... might as well go watch on the BIG SCREEEEEN imax that is muuuch more enjoyable than dinky 3d tv at home just seemed like hd tv to me nothing more[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree; saw a display at a Future Shop, and it was interesting, but didn't have the 'Wow!' affect that theater's offer. Just as well, the 3D TV's are quite expensive at the moment.

This one is the bare-bones edition and I believe the one in November will be like a two-disc version (with bonus features, etc.). Obviously there will be a 3D one coming out at some point, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that won't be until sometime in 2011.

Superstore - Western flyer - No tax event Apr 17-18
God of War 3, Heavy Rain, MAG, Uncharted 2 - $54.99 ($5 off)
Not gaming related, but Superstore also has Avatar - Blu-ray for $22.99 on Apr. 22 only

Best Buy
PSP Go - $199.99 ($50 off)
PSP 3000 - $149.99 ($20 off)
Tekken 6 PSP - $19.99 ($20 off)
Avatar: The Game - $19.99 ($20 off)
Buy Bioshock 2, ($69.99) get Bioshock free
Borderlands - $49.99 (Price Drop)
Call of Duty 4, World At War - $39.99 (Price Drop); Modern Warfare 2 - $44.99 ($15 off)
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller - $44.99 ($15 off)

Hottest deal (or coldest barring further details) is Bestbuys TRADE 1 GET God Of War 3.
Eligible games aren't posted, but it could be super hot, since I think most places have $40 TIV for GOW3.
I wouldn't mind shamelessly getting a ton of copies and trading them in for $40 a piece, desperate times call for desperate measures after all :D.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Hottest deal (or coldest barring further details) is Bestbuys TRADE 1 GET God Of War 3.
Eligible games aren't posted, but it could be super hot, since I think most places have $40 TIV for GOW3.
I wouldn't mind shamelessly getting a ton of copies and trading them in for $40 a piece, desperate times call for desperate measures after all :D.[/QUOTE]
I assume minimum TIV for that promotion is $40...

[quote name='Azumangaman']Hottest deal (or coldest barring further details) is Bestbuys TRADE 1 GET God Of War 3.
I wouldn't mind shamelessly getting a ton of copies and trading them in for $40 a piece, desperate times call for desperate measures after all :D.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to break it to you but I saw on RFD that its 1 per customer unless you got a bunch of friends willing to get the copies for you. Also, the list is going to be VERY limited. Games like MW2, Bioshock 2, FF 13, BFBC 2 are going to be on it. I dont think there's gonna be AC2 or R&C on there. Enough people got it during FS 29.99 sale.

ALSO anyone confirm that Ontario is included in the "west"? I'd love me a no tax deal lol.

I wouldn't mind doing the GOW3 thing. I'm looking to get rid of my PS3 MW2 because my brother bought it for 360 to play with his friends, and I don't really play too much anyways. I was looking to trade my MW2 for RoF though...

2iqeiis.jpg

My plan is a massive fail :(

[quote name='Princess Zelda']RCSS Ontario

No tax event Apr 17-18
God of War 3, Heavy Rain, MAG, Uncharted 2 - $54.99 ($5 off)[/QUOTE]

Don't the RCSS no tax events usually start on a Friday at 5pm? Has this changed recently?

Also, don't count much toward getting a freee SOCOM game with the PSP bundle if your local RCSS doesn't have the game in stock. Last year they offered GoW:COO but didn't have any in stock. They wouldn't offer me a raincheck on it either :cold:

I am tempted to get MW2 on sale. I was talking to someone yesterday about getting it when there was a price drop and it happened now.

Its funny the french version of MW2 is $39.99 on the 360.

[quote name='ShocWave']Awesome, I've been waiting forever for MGS4 LE to go on sale again.[/QUOTE]

O_O stock was all gone last weekend wasnt it? i barely got mine (ISPU)

The Trade 1 for GoW is such an odd deal since Left 4 Dead 2 is included in the list and Best Buy (Bay/Dundas) is currently selling that for $39.99. Essentially making GoW3 a $39.99 game.

[quote name='Magik_Tek']The Trade 1 for GoW is such an odd deal since Left 4 Dead 2 is included in the list and Best Buy (Bay/Dundas) is currently selling that for $39.99. Essentially making GoW3 a $39.99 game.[/QUOTE]
The only thing I can think of is they waaaaaaaay overbought on GoW 3 and are cutting their losses and recovering what they can before it gets any worse.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Don't the RCSS no tax events usually start on a Friday at 5pm? Has this changed recently?

[/QUOTE]

No Tax event is 16-17th for Atlantic, 17-18th for Ontario.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Damn, they took MW2 off the list.

15434_193727316090_193726421090_3581680_223914_s.jpg
[/QUOTE]
They also took off L4D2 which I was hoping to trade in today.

[quote name='Jbently']They also took off L4D2 which I was hoping to trade in today.[/QUOTE]

loool i guess they met their thresholds of l4d2s?

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']The only thing I can think of is they waaaaaaaay overbought on GoW 3 and are cutting their losses and recovering what they can before it gets any worse.[/QUOTE]

noooo way! no such thing as too many GOW3sss alot of people been waitin on this forever and this game may have even pushed some people to pick a ps3 to play GOOOW3

k but true a sale on it might get more sold tho :p or trading it for cheaper games that not many people realize qualified :p well maybe some forums have burned that bridge :p

Just picked up a PS3 250. The store was all out of 120gigs but I thought I was gonna pay 299+ tax = 338 anyway so might as well pay the extra $12 and get 130gig more space which I most definitely will not use lol.

I said the same thing with my 60GB. Next thing I know, I ran out of space. With that much space you tend to dl everything until you realise you don't need it.

[quote name='poxsc']I said the same thing with my 60GB. Next thing I know, I ran out of space. With that much space you tend to dl everything until you realise you don't need it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a 60 GB HDD as well. I just replaced the hard drive with a 500GB and I think that will be enough for a while for my purposes.

I have a 20 GB PS3...I tend to rage at its puny space alot. If only these damn things didn't have to be installed to the HDD it would be fine!

[quote name='thegamecubist']I have a 20 GB PS3...I tend to rage at its puny space alot. If only these damn things didn't have to be installed to the HDD it would be fine![/QUOTE]

Upgrade already! It's pretty easy to do, and you don't even need a 500gb drive. Best part is you can turn that old 20gb into an external backup drive for your PC or PS3.
Another solution if you have a lot of non-game files like videos on your drive is to get a NAS like the Linksys DNS-323. You can store and access your media pretty easily, and it saves the drive space on your console for game installs.

bread's done
Back