Bulletstorm LE (PS3/360)
Tiger Woods PGA 2012 Masters (PS3/360)
Fight Night Champion (PS3/360)
Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3/360)

Wii console w/ Wii Sports Resort $169.99
NHL Slapshot (wii) $29.99

Buy 2 Save $10 or $39.99 each on all 3DS games
Buy any 2 save $20 on Portal, Socom 4, Mortal Kombat & Killzone 3
($59.99 each except Mortal Kombat: $69.99)

Socom 4 Deployment edition $149.99 (comes with SOCOM 4, PlayStation Move sharp shooter, including the motion controller, navigation controller, and PlayStation Eye camera)

160 GB Playstation 3 System w/ Uncharted 2 $299.99
PS3 Blu-ray remote control and DS3 controller $54.99

Xbox360 Wireless N Adapter $69.99
Xbox360 Wireless Controller $39.99
Xbox360 Wireless Controller w/ Charge Kit $49.99

RCSS

XBOX 360 Gear Fest
Wireless controller $34.99
Network Adapter $56.99
Chatpad $14.99

(Coupon) 1/2 price off Killzone 3 or MLB11 The Show with purchase of Dual Shock 3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Princess Zelda']Zellers

B1G1 All Value Games $19.99 and under[/QUOTE]

Shortest Flyers wrap-up ever, but strongly worth it IMHO. Clearance bins, here I come.

Thanks Princess. I'm pretty sure there's more to come... :D

Pub

Everything is closed on Good Friday correct? I don't follow this holiday and I only know the school buses don't run on that day (big flashing lights telling me).

Most of the places are closed, except in tourist areas... In Toronto, Eaton's Centre is allowed to open on holidays and I've seen the Bestbuy and Futureshop near there being open as well.

Future Shop

$49.99 Each
Crysis 2 (PS3/360)
Dragon Age 2
(PS3/360)
Bulletstorm LE (PS3/360)

Playstation Move Bundle $79.99

$39.99 Each
Crysis 2 (PC)
Dragon Age 2
(PC)
Bulletstorm LE (PC)
Sims Medieval (PC)
Shift 2 Unleashed (PC)

Portal 2 $59.99 (PS3/360/PC/MAC)
Mortal Kombat $69.99 (PS3/360)

$29.99 Each
Rayman 3D
(3DS)
Asphalt 3D (3DS)
Dinosaurs 3D (3DS)
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (3DS)

160 GB Playstation 3 System w/ Socom Confrontation $299.99
3DS System $249.99

BEST BUY

Fallout New Vegas $19.99 (360/PS3)

$49.99 each
Bulletstorm LE (PS3/360)

Buy 2 Save $10 or $39.99 each on all 3DS games
Buy any 2 save $20 on Portal, Socom 4, Mortal Kombat & Killzone 3
($59.99 each except Mortal Kombat: $69.99)

Socom 4 Deployment edition $149.99 (comes with SOCOM 4, PlayStation Move sharp shooter, including the motion controller, navigation controller, and PlayStation Eye camera)

160 GB Playstation 3 System w/ Uncharted 2 $299.99
PS3 Blu-ray remote control and DS3 controller $54.99

Xbox360 Wireless N Adapter $69.99
Xbox360 Wireless Controller $39.99
Xbox360 Wireless Controller w/ Charge Kit $49.99

Wow, that buggy mess that was New Vegas is already $20?

Might give it another try. I played New Vegas on the 360. This time it would be on the PS3.

My thoughts exactly about New Vegas
I'm currently playing thru it on PS3 and it only froze on me once tho, definitely a recommendation at that price

There's another patch coming in the next few weeks for NV. They claim it fixes a lot of stability issues but I'll believe it when I see it. There was a rumored GOTY style edition listed on some web store so maybe they're clearing the way for that.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Wow, that buggy mess that was New Vegas is already $20?

Might give it another try. I played New Vegas on the 360. This time it would be on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it, do NOT play New Vegas on the PS3! I have it and its a broken pile of crap. The game freezes for a split second every minute or so when you're out in the wasteland. SO annoying!

[quote name='lustyhitter']Wow, that buggy mess that was New Vegas is already $20?

Might give it another try. I played New Vegas on the 360. This time it would be on the PS3.[/QUOTE]I've heard bad things about New Vegas on the PS3.

But as far as the 360 version is concerned, I sunk 50 or so hours into it and haven't encountered anything serious. The ONLY issues I had were after extended playing the loading times would get out of hand and I would need to restart my console, and maybe 3 hard lockups throughout. It's a fantastic game despite those little hiccups though.

I did 1000GS on 360 New Vegas before any of the patches; had probably 6-8 hard lockups (including two during endings, which were the most annoying) and the occasional crazy NPC/enemy glitch. I imagine the stability has improved post-patch. I definitely recommend the game itself, though.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Don't do it, do NOT play New Vegas on the PS3! I have it and its a broken pile of crap. The game freezes for a split second every minute or so when you're out in the wasteland. SO annoying![/QUOTE]
My PS3 freezes enough times randomly in other games...don't need another surefire way to freeze.

What's the price of the following games at Best Buy, the first post does not indicate any:

Bulletstorm LE (PS3/360)

[quote name='Mana Thirst']What's the price of the following games at Best Buy, the first post does not indicate any:

Bulletstorm LE (PS3/360)
Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3/360)[/QUOTE]

Probably $49.99 as well. This must be a two week sale. Weren't EA games on sale elsewhere this week?

Thanks for the New Vegas input, people. I'll probably decide on the last day of the sale. For the record, I had lots of problems with the PS3 version of Fallout 3. Bethesda should just stick with the PC. I'll bet Skyrim or whatever it's called will be no different on it.

[quote name='Mana Thirst']What's the price of the following games at Best Buy, the first post does not indicate any:

Bulletstorm LE (PS3/360)
Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3/360)[/QUOTE]

Whoops, It's $49.99 each. I'll just fix it.

Crap, I just bought Portal 2 yesterday and was going to hold off buying MK9, I would have purchased both at Best Buy had I known about this earlier...oh well.

I've played a lot of New Vegas for PS3, and I haven't had too many problems, maybe 2 freezes, and barely a handful of bugs. If you played Fallout 3 at all, at this point it's honestly not really any more unstable than that. I know lots of people used to report tons of problems with New Vegas, but my experience has been great. Maybe I'm just lucky. The game is definitely worth it IMO.

Was not aware of the BB online sale, just pre-ordered 3 games. They have some new deal where you get $5 off when pre-ordering certain games including the two 3DS games I just bought, those came out to $31.49 each. Nice, I just wish they had Ocarina of Time 3DS listed!

RCSS

XBOX 360 Gear Fest
Wireless controller $34.99
Network Adapter $56.99
Chatpad $14.99

(Coupon) 1/2 price off Killzone 3 or MLB11 The Show with purchase of Dual Shock 3.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Was not aware of the BB online sale, just pre-ordered 3 games. They have some new deal where you get $5 off when pre-ordering certain games including the two 3DS games I just bought, those came out to $31.49 each. Nice, I just wish they had Ocarina of Time 3DS listed![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for me, all of my CC's expiry dates fall before the release dates of both games I tried to pre-order. :wall:

No dice.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']Unfortunately for me, all of my CC's expiry dates fall before the release dates of both games I tried to pre-order. :wall:

No dice.[/QUOTE]

Change your expire date to 01/12 or a later date when ordering. Before your current card expires you should get your new card. With the new card info, you can change payment method on your pre-orders.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Was not aware of the BB online sale, just pre-ordered 3 games. They have some new deal where you get $5 off when pre-ordering certain games including the two 3DS games I just bought, those came out to $31.49 each. Nice, I just wish they had Ocarina of Time 3DS listed![/QUOTE]

Yup, I pre-ordered Lego Pirates for 3DS and LA Noir for PS3.

[quote name='retro.elite']Change your expire date to 01/12 or a later date when ordering. Before your current card expires you should get your new card. With the new card info, you can change payment method on your pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are my hero. Worked like a charm.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOOON'T DOOOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just finished slogging through that broken, buggy, snooze-fest of a game. Normally, I pride myself on being a bit of a completionist, but I just couldn't bring myself to go for the last "Hardcore mode" achievement... I really liked FO3, even picked up a bunch of the DLC when it went on sale, but FO:NV is missing some of the magic that made FO3 so good. It really just feels like a soulless imitation of the first game...

"Because snore... snore never changes."

p.s. after the 1000th time you hear "I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle (jingle jangle!)", you'll want to shoot yourself in the face.

p.p.s. So, uh, totally unrelated, but anybody know someone who'd be interested in buying a used copy of Fallout: New Vegas...? You know, I, uh, have this CRAZY FRIEND who, um, was just, y'know, wondering.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Probably $49.99 as well. This must be a two week sale. Weren't EA games on sale elsewhere this week?

Thanks for the New Vegas input, people. I'll probably decide on the last day of the sale. For the record, I had lots of problems with the PS3 version of Fallout 3. Bethesda should just stick with the PC. I'll bet Skyrim or whatever it's called will be no different on it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='picklepopcorn']anyone try Zellers? What games do they have going for 19.99?[/QUOTE]

Just got back from zellers, I got Bayonetta and Midnight Club LA:complete edition. They also have GTAIV, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and a bunch of others. Also noticed they had Brutal Legend for 9.99

[quote name='JetEngineJesus']I really liked FO3, even picked up a bunch of the DLC when it went on sale, but FO:NV is missing some of the magic that made FO3 so good. It really just feels like a soulless imitation of the first game...[/QUOTE]Magic like butchery of the lore of the previous games, broken skills, SPECIAL and perk distribution that lets you max out practically everything, combat that revolved around VATS, and generally mediocre writing? :lol:

[quote name='JetEngineJesus']NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOOON'T DOOOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just finished slogging through that broken, buggy, snooze-fest of a game. Normally, I pride myself on being a bit of a completionist, but I just couldn't bring myself to go for the last "Hardcore mode" achievement... I really liked FO3, even picked up a bunch of the DLC when it went on sale, but FO:NV is missing some of the magic that made FO3 so good. It really just feels like a soulless imitation of the first game...

"Because snore... snore never changes."

p.s. after the 1000th time you hear "I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle (jingle jangle!)", you'll want to shoot yourself in the face.

p.p.s. So, uh, totally unrelated, but anybody know someone who'd be interested in buying a used copy of Fallout: New Vegas...? You know, I, uh, have this CRAZY FRIEND who, um, was just, y'know, wondering.[/QUOTE]

If you weren't playing in hardcore mode to begin with, you were missing out on the best way to play right off the bat.

[quote name='No One']Magic like butchery of the lore of the previous games, broken skills, SPECIAL and perk distribution that lets you max out practically everything, combat that revolved around VATS, and generally mediocre writing? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, touché! Right on all counts, but I actually still had fun playing it for some reason. :p

Went to Zellers looking for Dead Space and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe for PS3, found both for 360. If anyone in the Ottawa area found them at a certain Zellers or wants to part with used copies at that price (2 for $20) please PM me.

I was going to create a thread for this, but three good deals doesn't deserve a new thread lol.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/holiday-weekend-sale.aspx

Some decent gamer deals;

PlayStation Movie Bundle-$79.99; http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...fp-10147605-playstation3playstationmovesof-en

Xbox 360 Console, Reach Edition (Includes Ninja Blade + Prince of Persia)-$349.99; http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=4dd70f13d80484e20abc40026e80ae5aen02

Refurb DS Lite-$79.99; http://www.futureshop.ca:80/en-CA/p...spx?path=4300c9ea8b4f3666af49b8561a06ddd7en02

Nintendo Wii Console Bundle-$169.99; http://www.futureshop.ca:80/en-CA/p...fp-10157040-nintendonintendowiiremoteplusc-en

New Vegas (PC) was my favorite game last year. I'm replaying it for the fourth time now with more skill restrictions, higher difficulty and no companions on Hardcore. The game isn't as fun unless you make it dangerous. My feelings anyway.

[quote name='picklepopcorn']anyone try Zellers? What games do they have going for 19.99?[/QUOTE]

Not a bad haul, just picked up a couple games to pass the time with that I missed awhile ago.

360 -$19.99
Bayonetta
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

$9.99
Brutal Legend
The Darkness

For $30 I got games that should last me quite a while, not bad. $5 for Brutal Legend is a steal in my mind.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I was going to create a thread for this, but three good deals doesn't deserve a new thread lol.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/holiday-weekend-sale.aspx

Some decent gamer deals;

PlayStation Movie Bundle-$79.99; http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...fp-10147605-playstation3playstationmovesof-en

Xbox 360 Console, Reach Edition (Includes Ninja Blade + Prince of Persia)-$349.99; http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=4dd70f13d80484e20abc40026e80ae5aen02

Refurb DS Lite-$79.99; http://www.futureshop.ca:80/en-CA/p...spx?path=4300c9ea8b4f3666af49b8561a06ddd7en02

Nintendo Wii Console Bundle-$169.99; http://www.futureshop.ca:80/en-CA/p...fp-10157040-nintendonintendowiiremoteplusc-en[/QUOTE]

Also:

SAVE $10 When you pre-order Brink
SAVE $10 When you pre-order F.E.A.R.

Ahhhh! I missed it by 15 minutes. I would've liked to pre-order Brink, much better than dealing with BB's RZ BS.

[quote name='Mr.']Ahhhh! I missed it by 15 minutes. I would've liked to pre-order Brink, much better than dealing with BB's RZ BS.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I posted last minute.

bread's done
Back