Flyers April 23rd-29th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Best Buy

Wii with Shaun White Snowboarding WS $209.99
Buy two Wii remotes with Wii motion plus bundles (Black, Blue, Pink) and Save $20
Monster Hunter Tri Game $49.99 Bundle $59.99
DSi bundle with Bowsers inside story $179.99
Super StreetFighter IV $44.99
Pre-order in store and get a $5 gift card Super Mario Galaxy 2, Red Dead Redmention, UFC 2010 and Alan Wake.
Trade in one get it Free Super Street Fighter IV April 27th-29th only BestBuy.ca/tradeingames for details later
Mass Effect 2 $49.99
The Beatles Rockband $29.99
NHL 10 $49.99
Fifa 10 $49.99

Future Shop

PSP core with Avatar the game and Jak & Daxtar Game $169.99
2 PSP games for $29.99: Killzone Liberation, Socom, GOW, Patapon
COD MW2 $49.99
The Beatles RB $29.99
Marvel UA 2$29.99
360 Spring Bundle with Prince of Persia/Fable II $299.99
Trade in 5 Get a PSP core for free. $9 minimum TIV. Wii, PS3, 360, Box, no duplicates and 1 per customer.

Blu Rays
Tomb Stone $24.99
Armageddon $24.99
Dune $21.99

Maxi & Cie / RCSS this week

Ontario has 20X the PC points when you spend over $75 and use your PC Bankcard/Mastercard I don't know which other areas have it.

Xbox 360 Spring Bundle (Forza 3 & Halo ODST) free extra controller with coupon $299.99
World Cup 2010 (Xbox 360 & PS3) $69.99
12 month subscription to Xbox Live $59.99
Wireless Router for Xbox 360 $99.99

Zellers

DS Lite $109.99
Save $30
PSP Core $149.99 Save $20
New DSi bundle with Bowsers inside story $179.99
Assassin Creed II DS $17.49 PSP $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm honestly hoping there aren't any great deals on MH3(tri) -- i just paid full price for the classic pro bundle and i don't want to have to go back out and return it but i'll wait for the rest of the list. =)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Stilll waiting for DSL to hit $99.99![/QUOTE]

I'm always dumbfounded that it isn't that price already, considering that Nintendo now has three DSs on the market. I guess parents just keep buying them for their kids.

Can't you price match if you find a lower price on an item within 1 month of your purchase?

I still remember the stupid Futureshop employee near my house telling me that they only price match regular prices, not stuff on sale or clearance. Which really eliminates the whole purpose of PMing, doesnt it

[quote name='CoachHines']Can't you price match if you find a lower price on an item within 1 month of your purchase?

I still remember the stupid Futureshop employee near my house telling me that they only price match regular prices, not stuff on sale or clearance. Which really eliminates the whole purpose of PMing, doesnt it[/QUOTE]

they basically dont pm anything limited but if its a regular flyer sale and not like first 10 or only 10 units or watever it should be fine to get your price difference back

ugh... can't wait! there won't be more than $5-$10 off right? =b i think i can live with missing out on $5-$10 savings lol. the cheapass struggle right here...

I wouldnt suggest anyone get a DS till after E3 when the 3DS gets displayed. It should do 2 things. 1. it should reduce demand for the DS encouraging sales 2. We will know the price and how compatible the 3ds will be with teh DS so make a more educated buyign decision. If the 3ds is 199 and the ds is still 109 i dont see any question on which to choose.

Hoping for some deals on SSFIV. Hate having to pay a "Canadian tax", especially with out dollar being (barely) stronger than the US dollar right now. Amazon.com has it for $36 and it's not even out yet!

[quote name='janlazer']Really hoping for some sort of deal on a PS3 slim..Finally going to pick one up soon..[/QUOTE]
I've been watching for the last couple months and the best deal I found was the no tax event they have at RCSS. Just had one last weekend though and I don't think they do them that often. Zellers also had $10 off a couple weeks back. That's all I've seen really. Good luck though.

[quote name='Super Strokey']Were there any big releases this week?[/QUOTE]
Not really.

AfterBurner Climax (360)
21 Apr 2010 (Yesterday)
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom (PC)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
All Star Karate (Wii)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
Monster Hunter 3 (Wii)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
House M.D ( DS)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
Beat City ( DS)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)

Not much for Maxi & Cie / RCSS this week

- Xbox 360 Spring Bundle (Forza 3 & Halo ODST) with 2 controllers (with coupon) $299.99
- World Cup 2010 (Xbox 360 & PS3) $69.99
- 12 month subscription to Xbox Live $59.99
- Wireless Router for Xbox 360 $99.99

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Not really.

AfterBurner Climax (360)
21 Apr 2010 (Yesterday)
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom (PC)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
All Star Karate (Wii)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
Monster Hunter 3 (Wii)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
House M.D ( DS)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)
Beat City ( DS)
20 Apr 2010 (Out Now)[/QUOTE]

wat. Monster Hunter Tri might not be Super Mario Galaxy 2, but it's surely a big release for the 'hardcore'. :D

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Hoping for some deals on SSFIV. Hate having to pay a "Canadian tax", especially with out dollar being (barely) stronger than the US dollar right now. Amazon.com has it for $36 and it's not even out yet![/QUOTE]

Hell, my Nova Scotian tax is going up by 2% to 15% how do you think I feel?

[quote name='lustyhitter']SSF4 is the only game I'm buying this week and I already have a coupon from Microplay that will get me the game for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that coupon? I am very much interested in SSFIV and $30 sounds like an amazing price.

[quote name='EvilMario']wat. Monster Hunter Tri might not be Super Mario Galaxy 2, but it's surely a big release for the 'hardcore'. :D[/QUOTE]
Yep.

Tri may not have the hype or the backing of other blockbusters or would-be blockbusters that sells millions of copies right off the bag, but it's the latest game in the series that separates the men from the boys. Just looking at the dragons can improve chest hair growth.

[quote name='dancrane212']Hell, my Nova Scotian tax is going up by 2% to 15% how do you think I feel?[/QUOTE]
Well, I was more referring to the fact that US games are always cheaper than Canadian games and not an actual tax, but yikes man. I always look over to Alberta and groan about their 0% PST, but maybe I should just cut my losses and be thankful with my 10% here.

[quote name='lustyhitter']SSF4 is the only game I'm buying this week and I already have a coupon from Microplay that will get me the game for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the price I'm looking for it at. Unfortunately, no Microplay here...

I would trade in a game at Best Buy... And pick up DMC4 at $10! But, alas, the same problem. *sigh*

I'm not sure if everyone realizes how good 20x PC points is.. it's like 20% off everything. Well, technically 16.7% off everything because you're getting $120 worth of goods for $100. Better than tax free days!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
Best Buy
Monster Hunter Tri Game $49.99 Bundle $59.99[/QUOTE]

WAT. wait, i just got it from best buy today for $65+tax... can i get that price corrected or something?

[quote name='xezekielx']Where did you get that coupon? I am very much interested in SSFIV and $30 sounds like an amazing price.[/QUOTE]

Microplay always has some great coupons in ValuPak and Ottawa Super Savers. Savings like $10 off a new game, $10 or $15 off a used game and the buy one used game get another for $10.

I've bought more of my games from them in the last several months because of these coupons.

The PC Points deal is only for Ontario, from the looks of the PC Points website. Shame. It's a ridiculous offer: Spend $75 get $15 in credit back (using PC Mastercard). So for that $300 Xbox, you're getting $60 back in PC Points.

Cut that in half if you're using a PC bank card.

[quote name='inconspikuous']WAT. wait, i just got it from best buy today for $65+tax... can i get that price corrected or something?[/QUOTE]

if BB is like FS then you should be, i think you just go to any/the store, show the receipt, etc
check the terms on the site

also, zelda, Red Dead Redmention? :bouncy::applause: red dead edmonton :lol:

red dead redemption

I wonder if Walmart will do $39.99 deal on Red Dead Redemtion... That's why I haven't pre-ordered it anywhere else. (Fingers crossed) It seems like the kind of game they'd put that deal on.

Also, Amazon.ca is the only place I've seen 3D Dot Heros for $39.99, everywhere else is $44.99, but I refuse to pre-order a game from Amazon because they get so backlogged. I pre-ordered something from them once and on the release day, my email said I should be getting the game in 2 - 4 weeks. Um, CANCEL!!!

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I wonder if Walmart will do $39.99 deal on Red Dead Redemtion... That's why I haven't pre-ordered it anywhere else. (Fingers crossed) It seems like the kind of game they'd put that deal on.

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess no.. so far they're 3 for 3 doing it for games where GameStop has a unique SKU (bonus included in the case). Gamestop.ca shows RDR's bonus as a separate card.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Also, Amazon.ca is the only place I've seen 3D Dot Heros for $39.99, everywhere else is $44.99, but I refuse to pre-order a game from Amazon because they get so backlogged. I pre-ordered something from them once and on the release day, my email said I should be getting the game in 2 - 4 weeks. Um, CANCEL!!![/QUOTE]

Sucks for you. I've only preordered from Amazon once and it was only last week (Splinter Cell: Conviction) and I got my game the day of release, which was awesome since I thought I would get it a day or two after. Even got my pre-order price guarantee to kick in even though I think they shipped prior to the change in price.

Where can the rest of us get one of these coupons? That's what I'm looking to spend on SSF4 as well

The trade-1-get-SSF4 deal has been updated with a a list of eligible titles. Looks like I'll be trading in GoW3 for SSF4 (played through it thrice, got the platinum, and doubt I'll ever want to play it again for a long time to come)

[quote name='djsaiyan']Where can the rest of us get one of these coupons? That's what I'm looking to spend on SSF4 as well[/QUOTE]

You'll have to check your mailboxes for coupon books. Some Microplays in Southern Ontario might not need to ship coupons to get people through their doors. EB is way more popular in Ottawa. Don't really know why....

Picked up Devil May Cry 4 at Future Shop for PM it wasn't worth the $2 saving for aggravation. I was told by the check out person FS does not give the 10% of the difference when the item is on sale. Are you sure I've never had a problem before. She gave it to me anyway but at the same time was the rudest FS employee I've ever come across. I talk to in-store customer service that she was not giving me the level of friendliness I usually get at FS. This was on Merivale Rd.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']It's not in the flyer, but BB has Devil May Cry 4 on for $9.99 till May 5th, Xbox 360 only. PM at FutureShop for $7.98.[/QUOTE]

*Wait in line at Customer Service for 30~90 mins.
*Wait while CS phones FS and gets put on hold for 10 mins.
*Cross fingers that the person on other end at FS actually gives enough of a shit to find a copy.
*Wait while CS asks her manager how to do a PM.
*Finally get game for $7.98.
*Do cartwheel because you saved $1.98

~S

Well, if I can finish New Super Mario Brothers Wii by Thursday, I could trade it in straight up for Super Street Fighter IV. I'm halfway through World 7.

How does trading games at Best Buy work? Is it just like at EB? I read the Best Buy FAQ but I don't know if I can trust the mensas who work there.

I see that No More Heroes 2 is listed. Seeing that its TIV will probably go down much faster than NSMBW, maybe I should dump it instead. NSMBW is going to be $60 for a good long time, NMH2 won't. It's a good financial move as NSMBW can be used to cover more of the costs for Super Mario Galaxy 2, Red Dead Redemption or ModNation Racers down the line.

No More Heroes 2 is bound to follow the first game into the bargain bin as well, so you could always pick it up again later if you want to.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']*Wait in line at Customer Service for 30~90 mins.
*Wait while CS phones FS and gets put on hold for 10 mins.
*Cross fingers that the person on other end at FS actually gives enough of a shit to find a copy.
*Wait while CS asks her manager how to do a PM.
*Finally get game for $7.98.
*Do cartwheel because you saved $1.98

~S[/QUOTE]
Well I think the main reason to PM over a pittance is if you hate FS. So the process makes more sense if you change the last step to:

*Flip the bird at the CS and yell shaq-fu you! Then run away laughing

Ive always found bestbuy to be worse with pricematching. Every time I've tried at my local one they've thrown fits and even had higher up managers deny me and I mean its little things like the toys r us point card sale.

@ FS its usually, is the sale legit? yes, is it in stock anywhere? yes is it clearance/one day only? no. Ok then fine.

[quote name='TripleQ']I've seen No More Heroes 2 for $29.99 (I think) at BBV used.[/QUOTE]

Bought mine used at Rogers for the same price.

[quote name='CoachHines']The trade-1-get-SSF4 deal has been updated with a a list of eligible titles. Looks like I'll be trading in GoW3 for SSF4 (played through it thrice, got the platinum, and doubt I'll ever want to play it again for a long time to come)[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about trading in Mario Kart Wii for it. I never played SF4 more than a few times, but trading in Kart for SSF4 seems like a smarter move than keeping Kart which I haven't played in over a year and likely never will again. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm thinking about trading in Mario Kart Wii for it. I never played SF4 more than a few times, but trading in Kart for SSF4 seems like a smarter move than keeping Kart which I haven't played in over a year and likely never will again. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
In this case, SSF4 will end up with the same fate! :D

[quote name='poiuiu']In this case, SSF4 will end up with the same fate! :D[/QUOTE]
True. Tivs.ca lists Mario Kart $40 at Rogers in Dec. I wonder what it's worth there now.

bread's done
Back