Flyers April 3rd-8th new PS3 Greatest Hits Edition [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Most of the flyers start Saturday this week because of Good Friday stores will be closed.

RCSS Ontario

The Value video games 2 for $30
Little Big Planet GOTY $29.99
Resistance 2 $29.99
inFamous $29.99
Killzone 2 $29.99

Future Shop

DSi XL: $199.99, includes GTA: Chinatown Wars
A "free case" when you buy any two DS games. No pics, so I have no idea what that means.

PSP 3000: $169.99, includes GTA: Vice City Stories
PSP Go: $249.99, includes free case
PSP Gran Turismo: $19.99
PSP Killzone Liberation, God of War, SOCOM Tactical Strike, Patapon: 2 for $30.

360 and PS3: Bioshock, Street Fighter 4, Assassin's Creed, Soul Calibur 4: $20 each
Dualshock 3 & 6-foot HDMI cable: $54.99
360 Wireless & 6-foot HDMI cable: $47.99 (Overstock on overpriced HDMI cables, it seems)
Elite Spring Bundle: $299 (That's with Forza 3, Halo ODST)
360 Wireless Headset: $55.99

TIVs: $45 for Battlefield 2, FFXIII, God of War
$40 for Bioshock 2 or Heavy Rain

Blu Ray Deals
LOTR Trilogy: GET IT FREE WITH 2 $9+ TIV GAMES
Blu Ray Steelbook and Regular Blu are both shown at 0.00 with 2 trades.

$5 BLU RAYS:
Blade II
Blade Trinity
Fanboys
Seven
Sin City
(it says there are 10 to choose from, but these 5 are pictured)

New Releases:

Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans $19.99 BLU RAY
$22.99 DVD!

Best Buy

Assassin's Creed II PS3/XB360 (-$30) - $29.99
PSP Greatest Hits - 2/$30
Super Mario Brothers Wii (-$10) - $49.99
Bioshock 2/Battlefield BC2 (-$10) - $59.99
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller (W/B) (-$15) - $44.99
Dantes Inferno, L4D2 and Army of 2 PS3/XB360 (-$20) - $49.99
Beatles RB PS3/XB360/Wii (-$10) - $29.99
Gran Turismo PSP (-$20) - $19.99
Assassin's Creed BL PSP (-$10) - $29.99
Little Big Planet PSP (-$10) - $29.99
* Save 20% on ALL Used Games

Brain Age 1/2, Club House Games, Crosswords DS: 2/$30 I highly recommend Club House games. Ignore the bad reviews. I've spent hours on this game and it is one of the best multiplayer games. Also it's a online game.

Also, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption preorders will earn you a $5 gift card.
And Wii Sports Resort with (what I presume is a) second Motion Plus is $69.99

Walmart

Little Big Planet GOTY $29.83
Resistance 2 $29.83
inFamous $29.83
Killzone 2 $29.83

Cars Race o Ramma Wii $34.99
Marvel Super Hero Squad Wii $24.83
Ubi soft bundle Hawx, Farcry 2 and Prince of Persia 360 $54.83
Rabbids go home $29.83

Kraft Dinner 2/$1

Zellers

Little Big Planet GOTY $29.99
Resistance 2 $29.99
inFamous $29.99
Killzone 2 $29.99

Saturday only
360 arcade with Just Cause 2 $239.98

Thursday April 1st 11pm
DSi $149.99

Thank you for helping type up the flyers Clark.Griswold and SickBoy

Last edited by a moderator:
That would explain why those select games have all dropped to $29.99! LBPGOTY, inFamous, and Killzone 2 are all must buys for PS3 owners - so you can't complain for that price! (Well, I guess I could. I got KZ2 and inFamous for $15 a peice at Rogers with one of their coupons last year, and LBPGOTY for $20 because of 2/$40. Wooh!)

360 arcade w/ just cause 2 for 240$?

360 arcade = 129
just cause 2 = 40
am i missing something? obviously those prices are not accurate as of now but um.. does zellers assume people are new and only read their flyer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy

Assassin's Creed II PS3/XB360 (-$30) - $29.99
PSP Greatest Hits - 2/$30
Super Mario Brothers Wii (-$10) - $49.99
Bioshock 2/Battlefield BC2 (-$10) - $59.99
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller (W/B) (-$15) - $44.99
Dantes Inferno, L4D2 and Army of 2 PS3/XB360 (-$20) - $49.99
Beatles RB PS3/XB360/Wii (-$10) - $29.99
Gran Turismo PSP (-$20) - $19.99
Assassin's Creed BL PSP (-$10) - $29.99
Little Big Planet PSP (-$10) - $29.99
* Save 20% on ALL Used Games

Opps, well yeah regardless. All i'm saying is that is clearly not a deal. Not shooting the messenger or anything along that line, but 129$ was a very recent price for the system. 40$ was a very recent price for just cause 2.

ALSO, wahoooooo 20% used games at BB, could be some goodies!

Erm, sure that isn't a great deal. But the $130 Arcade sold out promptly most everywhere, so you can't consider that to be a significant market change. Plus if you went to EB for the same thing right now you'd pay $265. I'm sure they're going to get some bites, just not from us.

My flyers came early this week.

Future Shop:

A "free case" when you buy any two DS games. No pics, so I have no idea what that means.

PSP 3000: $169.99, includes GTA: Vice City Stories
PSP Go: $249.99, includes free case
PSP Gran Turismo: $19.99
PSP Killzone Liberation, God of War, SOCOM Tactical Strike, Patapon: 2 for $30.

360 and PS3: Bioshock, Street Fighter 4, Assassin's Creed, Soul Calibur 4: $20 each
Dualshock 3 & 6-foot HDMI cable: $54.99
360 Wireless & 6-foot HDMI cable: $47.99 (Overstock on overpriced HDMI cables, it seems)
Elite Spring Bundle: $299 (That's with Forza 3, Halo ODST)
360 Wireless Headset: $55.99

TIVs: $45 for Battlefield 2, FFXIII, God of War
$40 for Bioshock 2 or Heavy Rain

EDIT: Also, according to my Best Buy flyer:

Brain Age 1/2, Club House Games, Crosswords DS: 2/$30
Also, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption preorders will earn you a $5 gift card.
And Wii Sports Resort with (what I presume is a) second Motion Plus is $69.99

Any HDMI cables over $10 are overpriced. You know the staff on those as well as I do.

If you want HDMIs go to Tigerdirect and get yourself the $10 cables, as long as they're below six feet in lenght you'll be fine.

[quote name='Lockescythe']they're not overpriced. they're like 29.99 hdmi, which isn't bad for retail store hdmi cables.[/QUOTE]

When I think quality, I think Dynex :)

No, they're not crazy overpriced, but IMO the "sale" is just a way for them to say "look, you're saving $30 here!") It's still an OK deal, but not a $30 deal when you can get a good HDMI cable through Monoprice for a fraction of the cost.

I got the Futureshop Flyer as well.
It has some amazing Deals for Blu Ray:

LOTR Trilogy: GET IT FREE WITH 2 $9+ TIV GAMES
Blu Ray Steelbook and Regular Blu are both shown at 0.00 with 2 trades.

$5 BLU RAYS:
Blade II
Blade Trinity
Fanboys
Seven
Sin City
(it says there are 10 to choose from, but these 5 are pictured)

New Releases:

Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans $19.99 BLU RAY
$22.99 DVD!

BB's prices for used games aren't bad. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Zelda Phantom Hourglass are $24.99 each, and $20 with the 20% off. Super Paper Mario and Strikers are $29.99 each. Even saw copies of Warioware Smooth Moves for $40.

TMNT Smash Up is $16 - 20% = $12.80 used. Bet you a couple bucks that 9/10 copies are unplayed. :lol:

With the 20% off used games at BB, I can pick up Uncharted 2 for $40. Tempted.... Also thinking of grabbing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for $16 after the 20% off. Hmmmm.

I got the FS flyer and it says the $5 Blu-rays are only good on the 6th-8th. Was planning to go at opening this morning until I saw the fine print. Guess I'll have to wait, but will pick up the 20 spindle blank Verbatim DVD+R DL's that are going for $26.99 (strictly for backup purposes, of course).

I'm completely confused about the LOTR Trilogy deal at Futureshop. I plan on trading in a couple games tomorrow (which will definitely have over $9 TIV). According to the original post, it sounds as if I still get the full credit from the trade ins, PLUS the LOTR Trilogy?

Went to FS yesteday , didnt realize that those 5$ blu-rays were april 6th-8th only, until i got home , after i bought 2 of them. lol.

So i guess even tho its not listed in the store , grab some copies of the ones we know are 5$ and it should work.

I got fanboys and Blade 2.

Also asked 2 employees there and no one knew what the other 5 blu-rays were that arent listed :/

jon0592 - do you really think that's the case? That would be mighty retarded...just sayin' =P

I thought about it and then I read the fineprint in the flyer, which goes against what I originally thought. Makes sense though.

Just picked up LBP GOTY for the GH price.

It says $30 of DLC on the cover, I'm sure it's just costumes and stuff but whatever, free stuff is free yeah?

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
Future Shop

[/QUOTE]

It's this case:

10077132.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=8eb81810a6e8f8da6b12535981a781bben01

so are FS/BB/EB/GS doing the GH prices? or do i need to do walmart instead? just need kz2 at least

[quote name='kathos']Just picked up LBP GOTY for the GH price.

It says $30 of DLC on the cover, I'm sure it's just costumes and stuff but whatever, free stuff is free yeah?[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I forgot the GOTY had the DLC. Maybe I need to pick this up for the Metal Gear Solid DLC pack, I've always been interested in that. I lost my non-GOTY copy when I moved, that majorly pissed me off because I was on the last level too :whistle2:x

[quote name='kn00tcn']so are FS/BB/EB/GS doing the GH prices? or do i need to do walmart instead? just need kz2 at least[/QUOTE]
FS and BB haven't lowered their prices yet so it's a great place to price match and save $3. EB has dropped theirs.

the GOTY isnt just dlc packs, it has a bunch of community maps that arent available to buy or dload

And just to shamelessly plug some movies I really enjoy... The RCSS (Kanata) had multiple copies of The Brothers Bloom, Stranger Than Fiction, and The Departed in the DVD bargain bin. If I correctly remember what was written on the stickers, they were all part of the 3 for $10 deal they had going on. Some other decent titles in there as well, but those were the three I would have picked if I didn't already have them.

Pretty sweet deal for The Brothers Bloom considering it just came out on DVD this past Fall.

in case some of you were wondering what some of the other blu-ray $5 movies were at Future Shop, I saw all 3 Blade movies, The Illusionist, Hostage (Bruce Willis), and I think the other one was Hannibal (for sure not Silence of the Lambs). Limited quantities but went at opening and saw them right at the entrance as the employee was placing them on the rack. Ended picking up the Blade movies, Sin City, Fanboys and The Illusionist. Also saw Iron Man (animated movie) and Hulk Vs. for $9.99 and Planet Hulk for $14.99, all on blu-ray.

Dang, I went near opening as well and my futurehsop doesn't have a setup for them.
However, Blockbuster has a suspiciously similar list of Cheap BLU's (5.99 for them). The list:

Blade (1,2 and 3)
The Illusionist
Hostage
Fanboys
Seven
Sin City
Rogue
Hannibal Rising

I'm rather confident its the exact same list.
Traded in GOW3 at FS, grabbed Sin City and Bad Lieutenant (Seven wasn't there) and still have $20 left over. Hooray for $45 tiv!

[quote name='jomy25']in case some of you were wondering what some of the other blu-ray $5 movies were at Future Shop, I saw all 3 Blade movies, The Illusionist, Hostage (Bruce Willis), and I think the other one was Hannibal (for sure not Silence of the Lambs). Limited quantities but went at opening and saw them right at the entrance as the employee was placing them on the rack. Ended picking up the Blade movies, Sin City, Fanboys and The Illusionist. Also saw Iron Man (animated movie) and Hulk Vs. for $9.99 and Planet Hulk for $14.99, all on blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up Fanboys and Seven :D
The one you're thinking of that's $4.99 is Hannibal Rising;)

Just to sum up, these are the $4.99 Blus
- Blade
- Blade 2
- Blade 3
- Seven
- Fanboys
- Sin City
- Hostage
- The Illusionist
- Rogue
- Hannibal Rising

$4.99 for The Illusionist on Blu-Ray? Well worth that price. Waaaayyy better than the comparable piece of crap The Prestige.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']$4.99 for The Illusionist on Blu-Ray? Well worth that price. Waaaayyy better than the comparable piece of crap The Prestige.[/QUOTE]

I thought The Prestige was better than The Illusionist, personally. I'm a huge fan of Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale, however.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I thought The Prestige was better than The Illusionist, personally. I'm a huge fan of Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale, however.[/QUOTE]
This.
I did enjoy both though.

Maybe calling it a piece of crap is a bit over the top, but I found both Bale and Jackman didn't help the movie enough. And the twist at the ending? Hunh... Only thing I really liked was Bowie as Tesla. :cool:

bread's done
Back