Flyers Feb 26th-March 4th[Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
RCSS Ontario Maxi & Cie Flyer Quebec

$32.50 for Halo ODST (Save 50%) reminder this game gives you access to the Halo Reach beta, has the Halo 3 multiplayer with all the maps, and firefight.
$49.99 for Wireless Controllers (Save $10)
$189.99 for Xbox 360 Arcade (Save $10)
Coupon spend $250 get a $25 gift card

Best Buy

MW 2 360/PS3 $49.99 Save $10
360 elite with Fable 2, Endwar, Pure, Lego Batman $299.99
360 controllers $44.99 Save $10
Wireless Headset $54.99
Wireless N adaptor $79.99 Save $20
MLB 10 $59.99

Trade 2 for BFBC2 March 2-4 www.bestbuy.ca/tradeingames for list
Free Pokemon figure with pre-order of Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver

Zellers

Save $10 xbox 360 Platinum Hits games Reg $29.99 Now $19.99
3/$2 Cadbury cream Egg!

Walmart

Battlefield BC 2 $68.83 (Showing the Limited Edition)

Nerf N-Strike Recon CS-6 $19.84 Save $10
Nerf 2 person Crossfire dart tag set $19.84

Thanks TripleQ
Futureshop

360 Elite Holiday Bundle $299 with 5 games (Lego Batman, Pure, Assassin's Creed 1, Fable 2, Street Fighter IV)
BFBC2 $69.99 with free Thin Red Line DVD
Darksiders 360/PS3 $49.99 (Save $10)
Avatar 360/PS3 $29.99 (Save $30)
Assassin's Creed 2 $49.99 (Save $15)
360 Wireless Headset $54.99 (Save $15)
TMNT Smash Up Wii $19.99 (Save $10)
Wii Music $29.99 (Save $20)
iCarly $19.99 (Save $15)

Trade 3 for BFBC2, Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, min $9 TIV

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw, the right price was getting ODST & NGS2 w/the 2/40 coupon from Rogers Video.

But $32.50 is a close second, & if you don't like it, just trade it in to eb.

Nothing too special this week so far. =/ Just as a note, there's no real purpose in mentioning BF:BC2 having the limited edition box showing because the -entire- first print is limited edition.

I already got ODST today ( in Montreal, maxi sales sometimes begin early)
as I did not get any of the map packs for halo 3, it's a great deal

next stop, cadburry creme eggs and the weekend shopping will be complete...

Futureshop

360 Elite Holiday Bundle $299 with 5 games (Lego Batman, Pure, Assassin's Creed 1, Fable 2, Street Fighter IV)
BFBC2 $69.99 with free Thin Red Line DVD
Darksiders 360/PS3 $49.99 (Save $10)
Avatar 360/PS3 $29.99 (Save $30)
Assassin's Creed 2 $49.99 (Save $15)
360 Wireless Headset $54.99 (Save $15)
TMNT Smash Up Wii $19.99 (Save $10)
Wii Music $29.99 (Save $20)
iCarly $19.99 (Save $15)

Trade 3 for BFBC2, Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, min $9 TIV

Best Buy

Trade 2 for BFBC2 March 2-4 www.bestbuy.ca/tradeingames for list
Free Pokemon figure with pre-order of Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver

Dunno if now is the time to bite for Darksiders, my thoughts are it will dip lower.

Also, great price on the Cadbury Eggs.

[quote name='Placebo']Dunno if now is the time to bite for Darksiders, my thoughts are it will dip lower.

Also, great price on the Cadbury Eggs.[/QUOTE]

It seems to me like the type of game that will hit $19.99 within 6 months.

I think you get the Pokemon figurine no matter where you pre-order it (well, most large retailers should get them). I got an email from Nintendo promoting it.

But really, who didn't buy MW2 within it's first three months of release? I mean seriously.

Other than that, I tend to agree TripleQ, by mid-summer it'll be $20-25 max. A few games I'm waiting on at the moment, including that, Dante's Inferno, and Bayonetta. Although Bayonetta is highly acclaimed, it'll still be low soon enough. It's made by Sega, therefore, that is your first indicator.

Good pre-Easter price on Cream Eggs. But honestly I always hold off till post-Easter. You can always get em for 25 cents or less. I've gotten em several times around 10 cents (and bought several hundred each time at that price) :) $20 for a insane supply of candy is awesome, but they need to be refrigerated when it hits summer...

would the zellers $10 off platinum hits work for platinum hit games that are less then $29.99? like some of the older ones that are $19.99?

I used to love Creme Eggs until I ate so many in one sitting that I got sick of the taste. Then I switched to Mini Eggs and the same thing happened.

Lesson to learn here: Eggs are the devil!

Ya the card game
uno was like 3.97
and
skip boo was like 5.97 and i think its on clearance
great card games to play at the cottage,or at the beach

I wonder if I can still stomach creme eggs. I don't know what I was thinking, but I was a at a dollar store and they had the eggs up at the front. And I figured, what the hell, they look OK.

My usual rule for dollar stores is don't buy anything edible that isn't potato chips or Coke. Got to work with my cheap creme eggs and they had a distinct "dollar store mothball" smell about them. It was disgusting. Haven't tried a creme egg since, but hopefully it hasn't ruined them for me.

FutureShop has a flyer correction on the BFBC2 Trade 2 deal. They will honour the trade 2, but with some caveats:
AD CORRECTION
Trade 2, Get Battlefield Bad Company 2 Free
WebID:10129446/8
On the February 26 flyer, front cover, please be advised that this promotion is incorrectly advertised. The offer is actually Trade 3 to get the game free. However, in light of this error, customers may use the trade 2 promotion, but ONLY during game release date Mar2 to flyer week end-date Mar4, and only applicable to Web Codes: 10129446/8. Please see futureshop.ca/usedgames to find the list of eligible titles for the trade 3 promo.

Wow, it was barely warm at T2... no one in their right mind would do T3 with those titles.

When I was young I used to be able to pop those creme eggs like candy... now I get sick after 1/2 of one. Not that it stops me from trying though.

The problem with creme eggs is that they have to be stored at the perfect temperature. Eat them when they are slightly melted and they're horrible. Freeze them and they're horrible. They pretty much have to be eaten fresh out of the factory. I don't like them any more. I prefer the mini-eggs now.

I disagree about the temperature, I generally like most chocolates chilled. Same goes for the creme eggs. The important thing is to moderate your intake. One at a time. Savour it. They're very rich, so it's easy to oversaturate yourself on the taste if you down a box of them.

Chill them before you freeze them. Keep them in an airtight container the whole time, so neither the chocolate or the cream picks up fridge-or-freeze flavours. Invest in a heavy-duty airtight bag (I like Glad). Bring them back up to room temperature before eating. (In a cooler, if you can wait that long). Perfect preservation.

Whenever pure-chocolate bars go on sale for about $1 / 100g, I buy a ton of it and keep it like this. I use it for baking, so getting Cote Dor or the PC organic dark chocolate for this price is an amazing deal. =)

Oh, and you'll never get "fresh of the line" chocolate from the big companies. It takes almost a year from the time they're manufactured, packaged, shipped, stored, shipped and put on display. (A friend did some consulting work for whoever makes Caramilk once. She got to try a Caramilk right off the line. She says there is a huge difference, but we'll never get to experience it).

they get smaller almost every other year. i stopped buying them last year when I found one in my freezer from almost 6 or 7 years ago, frozen and covered in frost.

Its like comparing a loonie to quarter, than nickel to quarter, than penny to dime.

How small until someone says something! We must band together! Less chocolate is good I guess. But come on they're around 2-3 months of the year than gone :(

[quote name='halcyon1234']PS:
Is anyone else annoyed that the creme eggs are smaller this year?[/QUOTE]
eh, it's a mass produced product. Everything gets smaller as time goes on.

Hell, I remember the cheapie McD chicken sandwich being at least an inch larger in diameter and the BK regular Whopper being noticeably bigger as well. It won't be long before gaming follows suit by cutting out content but charging the same if not more than before ... owait.

but they're thinking if you pay full price for the egg you'll get a little bigger of a egg. but to get the biggest egg just wait a year till the egg of the year EGGDITION.

get it?

[quote name='poiuiu']eh, it's a mass produced product. Everything gets smaller as time goes on.

Hell, I remember the cheapie McD chicken sandwich being at least an inch larger in diameter and the BK regular Whopper being noticeably bigger as well. It won't be long before gaming follows suit by cutting out content but charging the same if not more than before ... owait.[/QUOTE]
Heh yeah, I remember back when the McChicken was actually good. The thing is a good third smaller now, and tastes like crap. They just shrunk it a mm at a time, and kept taking more real meat out of it...

[quote name='ragnar14']Heh yeah, I remember back when the McChicken was actually good. The thing is a good third smaller now, and tastes like crap. They just shrunk it a mm at a time, and kept taking more real meat out of it...[/QUOTE]
Everything at McD is smaller and less tasty, especially when compared with the McD's in Hong Kong...hahaha.

[quote name='addone']Everything at McD is smaller and less tasty, especially when compared with the McD's in Hong Kong...hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Don't Hong Kong McDonald's have curly fries? Goddamn, curly fries should be an option everywhere. It's Aught Ten, we can make it happen, people!

I tend to get the Junior Chicken over the McChicken (I haven't eaten McDonald's beef in so long, I'm afraid to try). It's not much smaller since the McChicken sucks so bad lately, and they actually put pepper on it, so it's not bland and horrible.

[quote name='Ninja Robot Pirate']Don't Hong Kong McDonald's have curly fries? Goddamn, curly fries should be an option everywhere. It's Aught Ten, we can make it happen, people!

I tend to get the Junior Chicken over the McChicken (I haven't eaten McDonald's beef in so long, I'm afraid to try). It's not much smaller since the McChicken sucks so bad lately, and they actually put pepper on it, so it's not bland and horrible.[/QUOTE]

I concur. And its half the damned price. Mmmm..Junior Chicken..Or the McChick Burger.

Think I just turned myself off of it.

I think the consensus if you can't use two copies from the same system, i.e. if you're trading in Brutal Legend, it's best to have one copy for PS3, and one for 360.

Futureshop says: "No duplicate titles accepted."

You can trade the same game if it's for 2 different systems (random example: Brutal Legend PS3 / X360), but stores should refuse to trade for the same game if it's the same system.

Some stores refuse to trade for 2 copies of same game title even if it's on different systems.

RFD asked Futureshop by email and got an answer (could not find the thread), basically it said: store should accept if it's different system, but it's up to the store.

bread's done
Back