Flyers Feb 3-10th [Canada]

retro.elite

CAGiversary!
Future Shop

PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle $279.99 (Feb 3-5)

Darkness 2 $59.99
Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning $59.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition $49.99
Resident Evil Revelation $49.99 (website $39.99)
Madden 12 $49.99
XBOX 250GB Holiday Bundle w/Batman AA $299.99
PSP 3000 FIFA Bundle $139.99
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff $19.99
World of Warcraft Battlechest w/ Wrath of the Lich King $19.99

Best Buy

Kingdom of Amalur $59.99
Darkness 2 $59.99
XBOX 250GB Holiday Bundle w/ Rage $299.99
Final Fantasy 13-2 $59.99
Soul Calibur 5 $59.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition $49.99
Tritton XBOX Detonator Headset $59.99
PS3 160GB w/Rage $249.99
PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle $299.99

RCSS

Final Fantasy 13-2 $59.97
Dual Shock 3 $54.97

Walmart

Darkness 2 $59.83 (Buy early to get bonus upgrade to Limited Edition; limited supply)
Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning $59.83
Soul Calibur 5 $59.83

Gamestop/ EB Games

Darkness 2 $59.99, PC $49.99 (Bonus free upgrade to the limited edition)
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning $59.99
COD MW2 $19.99
COD WaW $9.99
Supremacy MMA $34.99
Goldeneye 007 Reloaded $39.99
Skylanders Spyro Adventure Pack $49.99
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 w/ Top Shot Elite $49.99
Metroid The Other M $9.99
NHL Slapshot Bunlde $9.89

Shoppers Drug Mart (Feb 4-10)

PS3 160GB $239.99
Dual Shock 3 $44.99
Uncharted 3 $54.99
COD MW3 $54.99
God of War 3 $29.99
XBOX 360 Kinect 4GB $299.99
Kinect Sports 2 $39.99

Nintendo 3DS $149.99
Super Mario 3D Land $34.99
Mario Kart 7 $34.99
Wii Super Mario Bundle $139.99
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword $44.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, EB actually has the best ad. Thanks for the post btw.

Futureshop (Xbox 360) Call of Duty 4 is $12.99 until Feb 9th

Yep. Like technically I could buy metroid for 10 and then use the 100 points for registering it towards buying mario party 2 on virtual console for 150.

Yay club nintendo having redeemable games now.

Goldeneye 007 Reloaded $39.99
Off topic, but was the original version that good they need to port it or was Bloodstone that bad they ported this to make up for it?
and I already know the main reason it's done is bc Activision loves milk

[quote name='Lockescythe']I kinda want metroid if anything for the nintendo points is it worth 10$?[/QUOTE]
It's a bit of a mixed bag. The gameplay was pretty fun, with the exception of a couple of pixel hunt scenes, but the story and the voice acting were atrocious.
If a bad story is going to put you off, I'd steer clear of it, but if you're just looking for a fun game and aren't going to be bothered by narrative with all the emotion of a wooden plank, then go for it.

Don't spend $10 on coins, there are cheaper Nintendo games than Other M. I think the game is good at that price. Just remember that this is Metroid animu fanfic.

[quote name='poiuiu']Off topic, but was the original version that good they need to port it or was Bloodstone that bad they ported this to make up for it?
and I already know the main reason it's done is bc Activision loves milk
[/QUOTE]

That game was better off left on the Wii. You can forgive the graphics because its the Wii, and its Goldeneye.

I bought it for PS3 and it just felt WRONG not playing it on a Nintendo console. Not to mention Goldeneye is one of the best shooters on the Wii. But it doesn't rank as high on the PS3/360.

Also, the online was a LAGGED OUT MESS.

Not video game related, but "Disney Anime" Ghibli movies are on sale for $20 at Best Buy. You can probably find them for about that price online but they're rarely on sale in store. I can't find My Neighbours the Yamadas (or some of the other Ghibli movies) on their site, and they have two versions of the Nausicaa BR + DVD - one is $22, the other is $30. Now, do I wait and hope that Disney releases the other Ghibli movies on Blu-ray....

Disney only distributes the films in North America; they don't produce them (except for the dubs).

The Blu-rays should be coming eventually; many of them haven't even been released in Japan yet (my most anticipated, Princess Mononoke, hasn't even been announced) and they have to wait a specific period after the Japanese release to avoid importing (as they charge significantly more for the Blu-rays in Japan than here). Hopefully we'll be hearing announcements about Laputa and Yamadas soon, as I believe they're already out in PAL regions.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Don't get SoulCalibur V, it's terrible. I regret buying the CE for it.[/QUOTE]I've heard mixed reviews, but the thing that's stopping me is that Taki and Cassandra aren't in this game. =[

Ya I know, but I felt it was a huge disservice to the game. It's almost like replacing Ryu and Ken, or something along those lines. The reason as to why they're unavailable is because of the story and the story itself is terrible. I'd still be mad if the story was good, but at least it'd be a passable reason.

At least there are characters to replace them with similar styles, there's nothing if you used Seung Mina or Amy for instance.

Despite that I'm seeing that it's a pretty good game, the Soul Calibur crowd in particular seems to be happy with it. Though it's not for those who play fighting games for single player modes.

I've played Soul Calibur since 1, and find this lackluster. Sure, it's better than IV, but Namco clearly rushed this out to compete with Street Fighter x Tekken.

What is so terrible about it? I mean besides the stupid narrator and the story mode, but at least that was mercifully short.

[quote name='Mr.']What is so terrible about it? I mean besides the stupid narrator and the story mode, but at least that was mercifully short.[/QUOTE]

Lackluster single player, cheap ass A.I, grinding levels now for CaS items, lack of characters, too many mimics,etc.

The game is not worth 59.99. I would wait until it goes down to 20-25$ maybe less.

bread's done
Back