Flyers January 13-19 [Canada]

retro.elite

CAGiversary!
Best Buy

XBOX 360 250GB Holiday Bundle $299.99 (free $25 Gift Card)

2 for $30 over 60 titles to choose from. See list at bestbuy.ca. Shown in the flyer: GTA 4, Sonic Ultimate Genesis Coll, Mortal Kombat DC Universe, Midnight Club LA Complete Ed., Lego Harry Potter Yr. 1-4, Kinect Game Party in Motion, Left 4 Dead, Plants vs. Zombies, Elders Scroll 4: Oblivion, Ace Combat 6.

XBOX 360 accessories Jan 13-26
Wireless controller $39.99
12 Month Gold $39.99
Bluetooth Headset $39.99
XBOX Live Starter Kit $59.99
320 GB HD with Lego Star Wars 3 $119.99

Playstation 3 Uncharted 320GB Bundle $299.99
Playstation 3 160GB $249.99
Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition Move Bundle $99.99
Move Motion Controller $39.99
PS3 BluRay Remote V2.0 $19.99
PS3 Bluetooth Headset $39.99

Pre-orders 800 reward zone points
Soul Calibur 5
Final Fantasy 13-2
Inversion
Kingdom of Amalur

Trade-in
Get extra $5 credit when you trade a game $8 or more
Get 25% off when you buy 2 pre played games
Trade and Save $5 on select Buray Movies when you trade in your old DVDs

Future Shop

Playstation Move Sharp Shooter $19.99
PSP starter kit $19.99
PS3 Keypad $19.99
Move Motion Controller $39.99
Bluetooth Headset $39.99
Dual Shock 3 $49.99
Medieval Move Bundle $69.99
Ps3 Uncharted 320GB Bundle with MGS4 $299.99
PS Vita First Edition Bundle Pre-order $299.99

2 for $30; over 80 titles to choose from, see the list at futureshop.ca/valuegames
$10 credit towards 3DS Resident Evil: Revelations when buy a 3DS console $169.99

XBOX 360 Accessories Sale
12 Month Gold Card $39.99
Chatpad with Headset $19.99
XBOX Contoller $39.99
Bluetooth Headset $49.99
320 GB HD with Lego Star Wars 3 $119.99
XBOX Live Starter Kit $69.99

XBOX 250GB Holiday Bundle $299.99
Kinect UFC Trainer $29.99
Kinect The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $19.99
Kinect Jillian Fitness Adventure $29.99

Trade & Save $5 on select Bluray or $10 on select 3D Bluray, when you trade in old DVDs

Infamous 2 Hero Edition $49.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collectors Edition $69.99

TRU

Skylander $69.99
Move Motion Controller $39.97
Move Navigation Controller $19.97
Move Charging Station $19.97
XBOX Controller $39.97
XBOX Blutooth Headset $49.97
XBOX 360 250GB Holiday Bundle $299.99
Wii New Super Mario Bros. Bundle $149.99

Walmart
XBOX Controller $39.83
XBOX Play & Charge Kit $27.73
XBOX Quick Charge Kit $36.73

Move Sports Champion Bundle $79
Move Motion Controller $39.83
Move Navigation Controller $19.83
Dual Shock 3 Charging Station $19.83
PS3 Wireless Keypad $29.83
PS3 3D Glasses $49.83

RCSS

XBOX Silver D-pad Controller $49.97
XBOX Blutooth Headset $39.97
XBOX Chatpad $19.97
XBOX controller $39.97
XBOX Wireless Headset $29.97
12 Month Gold Card $34.97
XBOX Points Card starting at $19.97
Gears of War 3 $44.97

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Month Gold Card $39.99 & Chatpad with Headset $19.99

or

XBOX Live Starter Kit $69.99

Hmmm..... lol. although I think you also get 400 MS points with the kit. Either way, picking up a 12 month sub as mine is about to run out (and rewards.xbox.com bonus this month is double points for 12 month renewal - 400 pts total)

With the 12 month being on for $35 at RCSS, I think I'll have to check out my local ASS and see if they're the same price there.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Has the 12month Gold cards gone for $29.99 before or is ~35 - 40 the lowest?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure I've seen it go down to $30 in the US. But, I can't currently recall it going down below $40 in Canada before this.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Has the 12month Gold cards gone for $29.99 before or is ~35 - 40 the lowest?[/QUOTE]

The lowest they ever went was that Sears sale in Dec with 50% off video games accessories. They went for $30 plus tax.

[quote name='Korahn']rewards.xbox.com bonus this month is double points for 12 month renewal - 400 pts total[/QUOTE]

That is, if they actually credit you for the right thing. I renewed my gold with a 12 month card, and only got a 10 point credit for a 1 month renewal (my live account shows 12 months were added to my gold subscription time though).

Just pointing this out, so people who are with xbox rewards and do a renewal this month check their pending points balances to make sure they get their 400pts. I'm going to fire off an email to support to inquire about mine.

[quote name='cswloo']I'm going to fire off an email to support to inquire about mine.[/QUOTE]

The only way I was able to contact them regarding a similar problem back in October was through Twitter. Which is super-annoying...

[quote name='Korahn']and rewards.xbox.com bonus this month is double points for 12 month renewal - 400 pts total[/QUOTE] Does it actually track the renewal via 12-month cards or only if you renew by paying Microsoft directly through the website/360 menu?

[quote name='refinedsugar']The lowest they ever went was that Sears sale in Dec with 50% off video games accessories. They went for $30 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I snagged that at SEARS since they didn't have the 360 controller with the new d-pad. My Live doesn't expire until 2013, but whatever...

Not a clue. But I had previously had previously put a 3 month card on my account (before the original 12 month ended) and got the 30 points for it. I even got the 10 points for the 1 month the rewards program gave me from the Welcome Aboard bonus thing. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it and bitch and moan if it doesn't appear :p

At FS: Enslaved PS3, Bioshock 2 PS3 are $9.99. Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox is $9.99. Good deal on Enslaved, finally going to pick up a copy.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Enslaved was awesome, shame it flopped.[/QUOTE]

I had it from Gameaccess and was suprised at how much I enjoyed it. Then I accidentally erased my save game when I was about 2/3 finished and had to quit.

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/weeklyad/default.aspx?cid=soc_10001214

Here's a summary:
Buy one terrible Marvel game, get another free! :O
You Draw? Well now you can, with uDraw tablets and games (on sale now)!
Blizzard games, not really on sale but we'll pretend they are. ;)

PS3 Accessories still on sale.
Trade 3 games (value of $5 or more) and get an extra $10.
Trade 4 games (value of $8 or more) and get $100 towards 360, PS3 or Vita

I prefer free Uncharted with my First Edition Bundle, but to each their own.

The ASS here doesn't follow suit with the RCSS sale. Oh well, guess I go to Futureshop sometime this week.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Aren't those PS3 and X360 chatpads usually like $59.99? $20 is a good deal if that's the kind of thing you'd be looking for.[/QUOTE]

The chat pad is the only PS3 accessory I bought that I use less than my Playstation Move.

Even at $20, if you haven't bought it by now, you don't need it.

[quote name='Icetron']At FS: Enslaved PS3, Bioshock 2 PS3 are $9.99. Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox is $9.99. Good deal on Enslaved, finally going to pick up a copy.[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind if you get Enslaved on PS3 there is a BIG patch because they added 3D and 5.1 audio support.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Just keep in mind if you get Enslaved on PS3 there is a BIG patch because they added 3D and 5.1 audio support.[/QUOTE]

It looks like you have to buy the "Pigsy's Perfect 10" DLC to get 3D.

[quote name='mabba18']It looks like you have to buy the "Pigsy's Perfect 10" DLC to get 3D.[/QUOTE]

I found the 3D support in Enslaved to be quite disappointing, in case anyone is considering the DLC for that reason.

[quote name='retro.elite']FS
Infamous 2 Hero Edition $49.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collectors Edition $69.99[/QUOTE]

Not bad.

Has anyone tried price matching the 12 month Live at BB or FS? I noticed that the flyer gives a picture of the 3 month.

[quote name='ssmm']Has anyone tried price matching the 12 month Live at BB or FS? I noticed that the flyer gives a picture of the 3 month.[/QUOTE]

I tried price matching at FS, they denied me. They couldn't clearly explain why they refused to PM, something to do with the deal they have with Microsoft isn't the same that RCSS has, therefore, they can't PM. Which is strange, because I've PM'ed the same product in the past. Meh, it could have been that particular FS, they weren't the most helpful group of ppl.

[quote name='retro.elite']Amazon also has ICO collection at $30.[/QUOTE]

For those that are only interested in one or the other, PSN has them listed each at 19.99.

[quote name='Mr.']I can't imagine why somebody would buy one without the other. Both games are fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I have the collection but have yet to play either.

I was at FS the other day, and perhaps this is a different deal, but the games under the link here are buy 2 save $10. So I got RUSE normally $10 and Darksiders normally $20 for $20 total, decent deal if you can find 2 titles you don't already have.

[quote name='hayabusa9016']I tried price matching at FS, they denied me. They couldn't clearly explain why they refused to PM, something to do with the deal they have with Microsoft isn't the same that RCSS has, therefore, they can't PM. Which is strange, because I've PM'ed the same product in the past. Meh, it could have been that particular FS, they weren't the most helpful group of ppl.[/QUOTE]

I was given the same excuse as well when I asked if they could PM some Live Points.
Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm in Toronto.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I was given the same excuse as well when I asked if they could PM some Live Points.
Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm in Toronto.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Toronto, too. The FS was at 401 and Weston Rd.

[quote name='Korahn']Not a clue. But I had previously had previously put a 3 month card on my account (before the original 12 month ended) and got the 30 points for it. I even got the 10 points for the 1 month the rewards program gave me from the Welcome Aboard bonus thing. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it and bitch and moan if it doesn't appear :p[/QUOTE]

According to my rewards page, I got the 400 points. Though what's weird is that I got 10 pts for 1-month renewal the day before. Not sure if hiccup or whatever, but at least after tweeting the support guys the issue is resolved and I now have 500 points pending.

How long did it take to show up? I used a 12 month card last week (January 15th) and I got nothing. In my pending section, I have the January survey. I also never got "Earn 100 points on your first Marketplace purchase." Even though I've bought lots of stuff on marketplace. ಠ_ಠ

[quote name='Mr.']I also never got "Earn 100 points on your first Marketplace purchase." Even though I've bought lots of stuff on marketplace. ಠ_ಠ[/QUOTE]

Ditto. However in hindsight one of the first survey questions was "have you ever made a marketplace purchase?". I sorta assumed that because I answered yes I got disqualified...

The "Earn 100 pts on first marketplace purchase" is for first purchase EVER. Meaning if you ever bough something before rewards it doesn't count. As for the 12 month pts, when does the renewal go into effect? Example, My previous sub was ending on Jan 20, added the card on Jan 14. renewal (and points) show applied on Jan 21.

If not there and it was set to renew in January, be sure to shoot @xboxsupport a tweet - unlike the phone people, they're pretty good when it comes to responding and resolving (at least in my experience)

[quote name='Korahn']The "Earn 100 pts on first marketplace purchase" is for first purchase EVER. Meaning if you ever bough something before rewards it doesn't count.[/QUOTE] That's awful.

[quote name='Korahn']As for the 12 month pts, when does the renewal go into effect? Example, My previous sub was ending on Jan 20, added the card on Jan 14. renewal (and points) show applied on Jan 21.[/QUOTE] Well, Gold was going to end by the end of this year...

And here I thought Xbox Rewards was supposed to reward people that buy stuff regularly, but I guess it's just for new accounts and people that lapsed their Gold membership. :/

bread's done
Back