PS3 Dual Shock 3 $39.99
Skylander Starter Kit with 3 bonus characters $69.99

XBOX 250GB Summer value Bundle $299.99
PS3 320GB COD MW3 Bundle $299.99

Future Shop

XBOX 250GB $299.99
Super Mario Nintendo DS holder $29.99

The Secret World $49.99 (Trade 2)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy $39.99 (Trade 2)

Nintendo Wii Super Mario Bros. Bundle $149.99
PS3 COD MW3 Bundle $299.99 (Bonus Black Ops and Head set)

$9.99
Metal Gear Solid 4
Prince of Persia
COD World at War

$19.99
Darkness 2
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Star Wars Old Republic

$39.99
Max Payne 3
Dirt Showdown

PSV with Uncharted and Modnation $249.99

$29.99 PSV games
Disgaea
Virtua Tennis 4
Ninja Gaiden
Dynasty Warrior
Shinobido 2

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic360 Sigma Headset $59.99
Logitech Driving Force GT
Save up to 30% on TurtleBeach headset

London Drugs

XBOX 250GB Summer Bundle $299.99
XBOX Essentials Accessory Pack $89.99
Lego Batman 2 starting $49.99

Buy 2 for $60 or $39.99 each
Jak and Daxter Collection
Team ICO collection
Uncharted Dual Pack
God of War Origins
Resistance Dual Pack

RCSS (Alberta save 2x the GST Jun 28-29)

XBOX 250GB Summer Bundle $299.97
PS3 160GB $249.97
PSV $249.97

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoolGrub']What is this SCOP Law you're talking about? Scanner Canadian O Policy? I can't google for it.[/QUOTE]

Someone could likely explain it better than I but, here it goes.

If a product is advertised at a certain price (sale or not) and it scans at the wrong price at checkout, by law, the retailer has to sell you the product at the advertised price -10%. If the product is less then 10$, the client gets it for free.

It's pretty rare for clerks to apply the law themselves though, it's likely they either are not aware of it or are specifically told by their managers to avoid it is the client doesn't bring it up.

Oh and SCOP stands for Scanning Code Of Practice

[quote name='Toronto Gamer Man']I saw a few copies yesterday afternoon at the Best Buy @ Eglinton/Warden. They were in an odd location though...closer to the TVs, on the bottom of a side DVD/Blu Ray showcase display. From what I remember it was the only game in that location; the rest of the PS3 games were either in the front display right when you get in, or with the normal stacks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I did see those, but I should have mentioned I'm looking for a 360 copy.

[quote name='Boolah']If a product is advertised at a certain price (sale or not) and it scans at the wrong price at checkout, by law, the retailer has to sell you the product at the advertised price -10%. If the product is less then 10$, the client gets it for free.[/QUOTE]

It's $10 off, not 10% (I imagine you probably just mistyped).

SCOP isn't actually a law, it's a voluntary policy. Most large retailers in Canada will adhere to it though; you should see a notice posted somewhere in the store if they do.

Keep in mind that it ONLY applies to items that are not stickered with a price.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01262.html

[quote name='Derfel']It's $10 off, not 10% (I imagine you probably just mistyped).

SCOP isn't actually a law, it's a voluntary policy. Most large retailers in Canada will adhere to it though; you should see a notice posted somewhere in the store if they do.

Keep in mind that it ONLY applies to items that are not stickered with a price.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01262.html[/QUOTE]

Indeed, curse these blasted fat fingers of mine. And I was sure it was a law here in Quebec, I guess I was mistaken.

[quote name='Boolah']Indeed, curse these blasted fat fingers of mine. And I was sure it was a law here in Quebec, I guess I was mistaken.[/QUOTE]

I believe it is a law in Quebec (as part of the provincial competition act) but nowhere else in the country.

Shame , i was gonna get tales but i was too lazy to call the store have them look so i can get it for 20 lol.

I did however get Kid Icarus + Sigma Plus.

Have yet to try Icarus , but sigma im really liking for a portable , but gd its harder than i remember =P

Looks fantastic on the vita screen tho =P

Tales and Binary, at least for the 360 as I don't see it for PS3, are $19.99 in the store. BB web site does not reflect it. Bought both of them.

Binary Domain is now $19.99 on the BB website. Won't come up on the sale page, but the game shows the sale price when you do a search for it.

I would guess and say yes. The tales series don't change too much game to game.

Graces for ps3 might be a better fit.

Also if you have access to a gamecube and symphonia that one is also amazing.

[quote name='Eoyote']If I liked Vesperia (the only Tales game I've played) would I enjoy Abyss?[/QUOTE]

Personally I enjoyed Abyss the least of all the modern Tales games, but that largely had to do with the terrible load times and not being very fond of much of the cast. The gameplay for all of them is essentially the same though, so if you enjoyed the combat system in Vesperia, Abyss might be worth a shot since the less alluring factors come down to taste as opposed to inferior design.

[quote name='Eoyote']If I liked Vesperia (the only Tales game I've played) would I enjoy Abyss?[/QUOTE]

Gameplay wise I would say yes, you would like Abyss. I don't know whether you would like the cast though (I loved them). Seems to be love/hate for most people. Graces f has an entirely different battle system (which becomes awesome once you get the hang of it) which is nothing like Vesperia, so keep that in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
So friggin' Binary Domain is on sale now. And I found out late so now its sold out everywhere. And this is the only title I was waiting for when the sale first started.

ARGH!!!! Ideas?

[quote name='Norieaga']So friggin' Binary Domain is on sale now. And I found out late so now its sold out everywhere. And this is the only title I was waiting for when the sale first started.

ARGH!!!! Ideas?[/QUOTE]

Price match Future Shop?

[quote name='Norieaga']So friggin' Binary Domain is on sale now. And I found out late so now its sold out everywhere. And this is the only title I was waiting for when the sale first started.

ARGH!!!! Ideas?[/QUOTE]
What system are you looking for?

Picked up the second last copy of Abyss at the Heritage Meadows Best Buy here in Calgary. Now I just need a 3DS...:lol:

[quote name='Eoyote']Now I just need a 3DS...:lol:[/QUOTE]Hah and I thought I was the only one stockpiling 3DS titles :lol:

[quote name='VetraX']That's just awful lolz[/QUOTE]

If you think about it, this is probably the best time not to own one with the recent announcement of the XL and the fact that there is some really solid titles available now (and more coming this summer/fall).

Well, I know that, but just the idea of buying titles without owning the system to play them on... with the intention to (eventually) play them. In theory, it makes perfect sense: you know you're at one point going to own a 3DS, and it's easier now to get in on deals and even games that may or may not go out of print faster than most. It's a great deal for a good game.

I dunno. I guess I still think it's awful buying games without owning the system haha (it's also a typical and IMO terrible habit of collectors - especially otaku's that love organizing and starring at 'stuff' and often lose the desire of even playing through said 'stuff' down the road) particularly because I don't plan on getting a 3DS. Then again, I can see the upside of it.

[quote name='Norieaga']Managed to order Binary Domain, 5 copies currently left for 360! :D Thanks for all your help, folks![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Eoyote']If you think about it, this is probably the best time not to own one with the recent announcement of the XL and the fact that there is some really solid titles available now (and more coming this summer/fall).[/QUOTE]

No desire to upgrade to a netbook sized 3DS, but I do enjoy the more 'rounded' edges and slight upgrades touches. dem jaggies from some screen shots of games though, but that's to be expected when blowing games of that resolution up to that size.

[quote name='EvilMario']No desire to upgrade to a netbook sized 3DS, but I do enjoy the more 'rounded' edges and slight upgrades touches. dem jaggies from some screen shots of games though, but that's to be expected when blowing games of that resolution up to that size.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, the jaggies seen on screenshots aren't actually present on the system itself due to websites simply resizing current 3DS pics to fill the new model's screen size.

[quote name='Eoyote']From what I've read, the jaggies seen on screenshots aren't actually present on the system itself due to websites simply resizing current 3DS pics to fill the new model's screen size.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is telling people receiving units for review not post photos / videos of the system running, so shots of the actual unit are tough to come by. But it's only natural games will not look as sharp. Nintendo has stated they're not filtering, or adding anything to help scale to the large screen.

It won't look terrible; I love my DSiXL, but it certainly does a number of 3D games, that were already a little rough looking, no favors.

yDzwD.png

[quote name='EvilMario']Nintendo is telling people receiving units for review not post photos / videos of the system running, so shots of the actual unit are tough to come by. But it's only natural games will not look as sharp. Nintendo has stated they're not filtering, or adding anything to help scale to the large screen.

It won't look terrible; I love my DSiXL, but it certainly does a number of 3D games, that were already a little rough looking, no favors.

yDzwD.png
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it will be fine to me: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/26/nintendo-3ds-xl-caught-on-video-gets-groped-abroad/#continued

bread's done
Back