Flyers June 11th-17th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart

PSP MGS Bundle $199
100 greatest books $19.83 I read through the list and was surprised how many I've wanted to read for a while.
The rest is just regular priced stuff.

ToysRUs

PSP bundle Lilac (Hannah Montana bundle) $99.99 Save $50 in store only!
Mod Nation racers PSP bundle with a free $20 gift card $169.99
2 for $30 PSP greatest Hits, pic shows the new ones added.
2 for $30 all DS $19.99 games
Save $10 on these DS game: Wario ware DYI, Legend of Starfy the rest is just licensed games
DSi with Sonic Racing $179.99
DS Lite with $20 gift card $139.99
Save $20 when you purchse 2 of these 360 accessories: 12 months live, Controller, Wirless N or Chat Pad. Points cards are not shown.
360 Arcade with a free Prince of Persia 2008 $199.99
Nunchuck 1/2 price when purchased with Wii remote or Wii remote with With motion plus.

For FS's T2 for GOW3+DS3 promotion, can anyone provide any advice on successfully having a trade go through/having FS follow their advertised promotion?

I have two games in my collection that are on the website's list of qualifying titles. One is Demon's Souls (PS3), which is all good, and the other is NBA 2K10 (360), which is causing the problem.

NBA 2K10 is on the list and has a TIV of $8. The store flyer says it just has to be on the list. The online flyer says it just has to be on the list, and there is no ad correction notice. There is also no mention of a $9 requirement for this promotion in the fine print.

The TIV promotion page says it has to be on the list, but unfortunately also says it needs at least a $9 TIV. (I don't know if it's because the list is the same for two different promotions with different advertised requirements). And in the stores (Kanata and Merivale locations) they say even though it's on the list, it has to have at least a $9 TIV. Managers wouldn't budge, one Sales Associate was supporting my case, while another Sales Associate also wouldn't budge.

Your thoughts? Any way to get this to go through without having to run around trying to find another eligible title?

Thank you.

[quote name='Jamaal23']For FS's T2 for GOW3+DS3 promotion, can anyone provide any advice on successfully having a trade go through/having FS follow their advertised promotion?[/QUOTE]
I was able to get that deal successfully. I traded in Wii 2 games off the list that I never play (SMG1 and SSBB) and got God of War III and the DualShock3 for free new. The employee who ran it through was going on about how amazing a deal it was, and they had a ton of copies of GoW III in stock.

[quote name='Heartless18']Just a heads up that XBL Points Cards DO count as part of TRU's promotion on Xbox accessories. I got two 1400 cards for $22.59, essentially buy one get one free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I just got two 1400 msp cards today. I'm going to return the 2800 I bought at FS for $31.49.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'd wait until E3 if anyone is going to buy an XBox. The new slim has been leaked, and it may come with WiFi built in, 250Gb drive and Project Natal Kinect. Nothing on price yet, but the 360Fat might start dropping in price/come bundled with better stuff.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/13/rumor-xbox-360-slim-and-kinect-outed-by-microsoft-ad/[/QUOTE]

Kotaku reports that MS is selling the slim 360 by the end of this week, but not sure if that includes Canada...probably not.

http://kotaku.com/5563436/what-day-can-you-buy-the-new-xbox-360

The Kinect is apparently lauching in November, prices are estimated to be around $150 USD. I'd pick it up for $100, not $150.
http://kotaku.com/5563149/kinect-launching-november-4-with-15-launch-titles?skyline=true&s=i

Btw, the 'fat' 360 are expected to drop in price, too.
http://kotaku.com/5563430/xbox-360-drops-price-on-tuesday-morning

Edit: out of curiosity, I checked gamestop.com and they have pre-orders available (us addresses only), but nada for the .ca site.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr.']Thanks for the tip! I just got two 1400 msp cards today. [/QUOTE]

Double thanks.... I did the same... A great week to have this sale considering Shadow Complex (1200 for 560), Trials HD (1200 for 560) and Splosion' man (800 for 400) are on sale (not to mention Braid is 800 Points right now). Basically, you spend $20 and get All those games including the Trials Expansion. Crazy Deal!

[quote name='Jamaal23']For FS's T2 for GOW3+DS3 promotion, can anyone provide any advice on successfully having a trade go through/having FS follow their advertised promotion?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Try a different store, or a different time of day? I've had no problems using NBA 2K10 at two stores since both of them went by the list. But I know it is very hit and miss because staff are not always up to speed with the various promo restrictions (and the flyers/websites are not always clear and consistent either)

[quote name='TripleQ']Try a different store, or a different time of day? I've had no problems using NBA 2K10 at two stores since both of them went by the list. But I know it is very hit and miss because staff are not always up to speed with the various promo restrictions (and the flyers/websites are not always clear and consistent either)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah, I tried the two stores in my area. Problem is I can only go after work, so hopefully the staff working there aren't the same over and over again.

I would figure if it's on the list, you're good. But maybe these people love giving me a hard time. I'm really tempted to bust out the race card for sh*ts and giggles, although I have a feeling they wouldn't find the humour in it.

And thanks to Canuck as well for the reply.

Alright, back to work I go...

[quote name='lustyhitter']Guess I'll put this here:

Loblaws is having another tax free weekend. Only this time, it's on Friday the 18th and Saturday the 19th.[/QUOTE]

I thank God for every no-tax weekend I don't work.

Wow Darksiders is $20 and Crackdown is $10. I want to get both of those. I enjoyed Darksiders and have been wanting to play it again.

I got Call of Duty 4 on sale on boxing day for I think $30 or $40.

Thanks for posting up this great news.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Wow Darksiders is $20 and Crackdown is $10. I want to get both of those. I enjoyed Darksiders and have been wanting to play it again.

I got Call of Duty 4 on sale on boxing day for I think $30 or $40.

Thanks for posting up this great news.[/QUOTE]

Man even though $19.99 for Darksiders is a great deal, it's getting harder and harder to beat Goozex in terms of value. I find 1000 point games are roughly $25USD (if you buy the points straight-up when they're on sale), so even after taxes Darksiders doesn't seem like a good 'Goozex deal.' Still, it's been a while since I've ripped the packaging off a brand new game :lol:

i'm waiting for PC darksiders

EDIT: "nothing on ps3"? i just looked up mx vs atv as the RFD flyer had, same price for ps3

bread's done
Back