Flyers September 2nd-8th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Future Shop

Resistance 3 $59.99 or Trade in 2 also when you buy R3 get $10 towards Uncharted 3
Resistance 3 move bundle $149.99 Trad in 4 get it free

Save on Hot new games. Buy 2 save $20. Buy 3 save $30:
Driver SF $59.99 or trade in 2
Warhammer Space Marine $59.99 or Trade in 2
Dead Island $59.99 each or Trade 2

Metriod other M $9.99
Lego Harry Potter $19.99
LA Noire $39.99
Crysis 2 $39.99
EA Golf $39.99
Call of Jarez Cartel $39.99
Homefront $39.99
Mortal Kombat $49.99
Fear 3 $49.99
Green Lantern $49.99

Gears 3 $59.99 Preorder with Bandaids!
NHL 12 Pre-order with Steelbook case!

Buy Two Value ($19.99) game & save $10 over 100 to choose from

4GB 360 with Kinect + a $50 gift card $299.99

Trade in 5 game get a 8GB iPod touch futureshop.ca/tradeingames for details

Best Buy

160GB PS3 $249.99
320GB PS3 with inFamous 2 $299
PS3 greatest hits 2 for $40 Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, LBP, Uncharted, GOW III & Mod Nation Racers
Uncharted 1 & 2 double pack for $39.99
Socom 4 $39.99
MLB the show $39.99
Motorstorm Apocalypse $39.99
Resistance 3 $59.99 or Trade in 3
Resistance 3 move bundle $149.99
PSP 3000 with Maden 12 & NFS Shift $159.99

Buy 2 save $20 on this weeks hot new releases Available Sept 6th
Dead Island $59.99 Trade in 3
Space Marine $59.99 Trade in 3
Driver $59.99 Trade in 3
Sims medieval $29.99

LA Noire $39.99
Madden 12 $59.99

250GB 360 with Gears triple pack $299.99

Pre-order Gears of War 3 and get 800 RZ points and a free Hat!
NHL 12 Get 800 RZ Points

Planet Earth Blu Ray $34.99
Scarface BR $24.99

Walmart

160GB PS3 $249
PS3 controller $39
Modnation Racers, Infamous, GOW III & LBP $17.77
Resistance 3 $59.83
Resistance 3 move bundle $149.83

Kinect Sport $29
Kinect Carnival $29
Dead Island $49.83 Sept. 6th-8th only price
Space Marine $52 Sept. 6th-8th only price

RCSS Ontario

Resistance 3 $59.99

Zellers

Toys R Us
Same flyer as last week but only goes to Monday September 5th

Killzone $19.99
Fable III $14.97

Last edited by a moderator:
Future Shop - Xbox 360 250gb w/ 5 game download coupon + Turtle Beach XL1 Earforce Headset $299

Yay I get to pm my Dead Island preorder for 10 bucks off. Should be fun watching BB argue that it is a limited time offer or some BS like that.

[quote name='darkandlong']Yay I get to pm my Dead Island preorder for 10 bucks off. Should be fun watching BB argue that it is a limited time offer or some BS like that.[/QUOTE]

Sept 06-08 only. Not limited time?

Future Shop - Xbox 360 250gb w/ 5 game download coupon + Turtle Beach XL1 Earforce Headset $299
I bought this last week at Future Shop. The Turtle Beach headset is much better than I expected. I am glad I opted for them. I set up my old 360 with my computer monitor so the wires do not bother me.

[quote name='darkandlong']Yay I get to pm my Dead Island preorder for 10 bucks off. Should be fun watching BB argue that it is a limited time offer or some BS like that[/QUOTE]

BB (and FS) already matched it.

Dead Island - $49.99

[quote name='feelgoodinc']So like, Portal 2. That was on sale what, week one and two and not since?[/QUOTE]

It's still $39.99 at EB Games/Gamestop, FS and Best Buy.

Question: anyone here think Futureshop will have a Weekend Online Labor Day Sale ? i'm hoping to get a deal on some up coming game with the giftcards i have.

[quote name='Baztian']I'm going to have so much fun talking with Future Shop support about my E3 Dead Island order.[/QUOTE]
Let me know how that goes because FS refused to adjust my God of War Origins pre-order down to $39.99 plus give me the $20 off.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Question: anyone here think Futureshop will have a Weekend Online Labor Day Sale ? i'm hoping to get a deal on some up coming game with the giftcards i have.[/QUOTE]
They do every year.

[quote name='Fuzzy']

They do every year.[/QUOTE]

You know what ! ... your Right ! .... I Got My Playstation Move come to think of it in the sale but from Best Buy ! hmmmmmm well... Thanks For The Heads Up ! not sure i wanna go for UC3 .. or A HD Release of a Collection ... i'm Thinking Team ICO's Decisions ... Decisions !

[quote name='Baztian']I'm going to have so much fun talking with Future Shop support about my E3 Dead Island order.[/QUOTE]
They are not going to adjust the price. Deus Ex was released at $53.99, those who pre-order Deus Ex during e3 for $39.99 was denied $6 back.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah, price protection or price matching doesn't work that way. If you paid less than the sale price they're not giving you any more money.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, to bring it up again, I know some of you have told me this before, but It just doesn't make sense to me. I haven't "paid less than the sale price" yet because the game hasn't come out. What I did was pre-order it. That means I'm charged at the time of shipping. Since I'm charged at the time of shipping, charge me the price of the game when the game is released plus the discount, instead of the price of the game 2 months ago, when the game wasn't released yet and I wasn't being charged.

I don't understand, your view of things doesn't make sense to me. They are selling new copies for $54 or whatever, and you're paying or going to pay only $39.99. Price match or price protection is for when the sale price or competitor price is lower than what you paid/would pay. You could also look at it like those are two separate deals and you can't combine the two deals.

[quote name='Fuzzy']Let me know how that goes because FS refused to adjust my God of War Origins pre-order down to $39.99 plus give me the $20 off.
[/QUOTE]

You should read this thread from the FS tech forums: http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/S...Origins-Collection/td-p/308034/highlight/true

Although his word doesn't hold weight after the DX debacle, Godwin says in that thread:

Hey guys, dont worry. I spoke with our web team already and they will fix this issue. We will definitely honor the "save $20" on these titles even though they have dropped to $39.99!

Customer service is important to us and we want to ensure we are true to our word.

Thanks everyone.

I laughed out loud when I read "true to our word".

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't understand, your view of things doesn't make sense to me. They are selling new copies for $54 or whatever, and you're paying or going to pay only $39.99. Price match or price protection is for when the sale price or competitor price is lower than what you paid/would pay. You could also look at it like those are two separate deals and you can't combine the two deals.[/QUOTE]

To me, the E3 sale is a discount added onto my pre-order (reserving my copy of the game). It was not a sale price, which would have made it a "pre-buy". So, when the game is released and my reserved copy is being processed, the system should input the current price of the game, just like any other pre-order, and then add the discount.

If a game is already out and I bought the game on sale and then a new sale came out then I only have a choice of one or the other. Here, the game hasn't come out yet and all I've done is made a pre-order with a discount. So, when the game comes out, I should be charged the price of the game when the game comes out plus the discount I was given with my pre-order.

[quote name='Baztian']To me, the E3 sale is a discount added onto my pre-order (reserving my copy of the game). It was not a sale price, which would have made it a "pre-buy". So, when the game is released and my reserved copy is being processed, the system should input the current price of the game, just like any other pre-order, and then add the discount.

If a game is already out and I bought the game on sale and then a new sale came out then I only have a choice of one or the other. Here, the game hasn't come out yet and all I've done is made a pre-order with a discount. So, when the game comes out, I should be charged the price of the game when the game comes out plus the discount I was given with my pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Huzzah! Someone "star" this post. It basically acts like a coupon.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']You know what ! ... your Right ! .... I Got My Playstation Move come to think of it in the sale but from Best Buy ! hmmmmmm well... Thanks For The Heads Up ! not sure i wanna go for UC3 .. or A HD Release of a Collection ... i'm Thinking Team ICO's Decisions ... Decisions ![/QUOTE]

Can't you use FS and BB GC's on either site when buying online? Or did they fix that?

[quote name='darkandlong']Can't you use FS and BB GC's on either site when buying online? Or did they fix that?[/QUOTE]

Ah, good question, it used to work according to some here... Anyone?

So i emailed Gamestop asking them what was the benefit of keepin my pre-order with them when i can go get it 10 dollars cheaper opening day.
They had said "We're offering a free upgrade to the Special Edition + Bloodbath Arena DLC ($10 retail value) + Exclusive weapon aka The Ripper!"

But whats the special edition? I only see the limited edition on the site. Is that what they mean?

I see where you're coming from now Baztian, we're looking at it two different ways. The fact that it says $39.99 on our order status is what I'm going by, it doesn't say current price minus whatever amount. You're looking at it as if it was current price minus E3 discount, I guess I can't say one way is right and one is wrong.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Ah, good question, it used to work according to some here... Anyone?[/QUOTE]

woah. i wasn't expecting to use FS Giftcards on the BB site haha. if this can work that's a bit messed up isn't it .. wouldn't that be like .. Buying a Zellers Giftcard and using it at Walmart ?

Not really messed up. Future Shop is owned by Best Buy. What's messed up is u could do it online before but not in stores.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I see where you're coming from now Baztian, we're looking at it two different ways. The fact that it says $39.99 on our order status is what I'm going by, it doesn't say current price minus whatever amount. You're looking at it as if it was current price minus E3 discount, I guess I can't say one way is right and one is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Actually, your assessment is right and I'm just going to take it further. The way the E3 pre-order sale worked was a "pre-buy". When the game is launched you pay all the prices as they were at the time you placed your order (June prices). That is what's wrong.

To me, a game doesn't obtain an effective price until it is for sale. A pre-order is just an order for a game that hasn't been released. The game is not for sale yet. Since it's not for sale, it doesn't have an effective price. It could be $0.00 or $1000000. It doesn't matter because you can't buy it, hence the lack of an effective price. I'm only reserving my copy, and in some cases, making a down payment, but not "buying" anything because, again, it's not for sale. When the game is for sale at the time of release, it obtains an effective price, I can now go buy the game at that price.

The way the E3 "pre-buy" sale worked, even though you weren't charged, you bought the game when you made your order. You'll pay all the prices that were listed in June even though the game wasn't released and therefore, wasn't for sale yet. Now, you'll be paying $0.00 or $1000000 from the price of the game when it couldn't be bought.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Ah, good question, it used to work according to some here... Anyone?[/QUOTE]

That's correct. I've been taking advantage of this for the past two months with different deals that have come along. I just put in an order for something from Future Shop (which BB does not carry) using a BB Gift Card. Very handy since I don't have a credit card! :)

Whoa that is currently working? I could redeem my FS card on BB? If so I will switch my Zelda bundle order over to BB, I prefer them to FS.

Edit, just checked my gift card balance on BB and it worked. Nice, switching Zelda!

Nice to know the GCs are interchageable still, thanks KnoxSonic8.

[quote name='Buckles44']So i emailed Gamestop asking them what was the benefit of keepin my pre-order with them when i can go get it 10 dollars cheaper opening day.
They had said "We're offering a free upgrade to the Special Edition + Bloodbath Arena DLC ($10 retail value) + Exclusive weapon aka The Ripper!"

But whats the special edition? I only see the limited edition on the site. Is that what they mean?[/QUOTE]

The Special Edition includes that stuff already, its a Gamestop exclusive. No idea what a Limited Edition is:
http://www.hookedgamers.com/blogs/jeffgates/2011/06/03/dead_island_special_edition_revealed.html

The Dead Island™ Special Edition, available exclusively for early preorder customers at GameStop, will include the game and offer the upcoming Bloodbath Arena DLC. A $10 value, the Bloodbath Arena pack features single and multiplayer challenges in four different arenas. It’s a pure fight for survival when wave after wave of deadly zombie attacks, one more gruesome than the next! Characters can also gain additional experience points and items and bring them over to their single or multiplayer campaigns. What’s more, players can show off their skills in zombie fighting via the Bloodbath Arena’s Leaderboards. Finally, Bloodbath Arena includes a new exclusive weapon, the brain wave bomb, to ensure some highly explosive combat experiences. The Bloodbath Arena DLC package will be available for download shortly after launch. In addition to the Bloodbath Arena DLC, the Dead Island Special Edition will sport an exclusive piece of cover art and the blueprint for a special weapon, called the "Ripper": A destructive combination of a baseball bat and a buzz saw that leaves attacking zombies battered and bleeding to death. Only players who pre-ordered this edition of the game will be able to craft this unique weapon and share it with friends.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's still $39.99 at EB Games/Gamestop, FS and Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Regular price of Portal 2 on Steam was dropped to 29.99 a few weeks back.

thanks for the weekly flyers!

nothing for me this week. Dead Island looks decent but it doesn't look $50 decent. looks sorta like a poor man's L4D. Anyways I'll wait on it to hit the $20-$30 range before I bite.

Hopefully FS has a few good value ($19) games on sale. Maybe get a few cheap...

New Question For Anyone Who Can Help

Gamestop is offering the PS Move Bundle for $79.99 if my friend buys it at Best Buy or Future Shop website during labor dale sale and is able to get like $5 - $15 off is it possible her can pick it up instore and get the price match from Gamestop and then get the 10% off and the Bonus $ off for whatever the deal is ( if their is one ) for the playstation Move Bundle ?

he asked me and i thought .. maybe i doubt it but i'l ask to find out for sure.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's $29.99 for the PC version of the game also at those stores.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that. Thanks!

[quote name='JamesSoprano']New Question For Anyone Who Can Help

Gamestop is offering the PS Move Bundle for $79.99 if my friend buys it at Best Buy or Future Shop website during labor dale sale and is able to get like $5 - $15 off is it possible her can pick it up instore and get the price match from Gamestop and then get the 10% off and the Bonus $ off for whatever the deal is ( if their is one ) for the playstation Move Bundle ?

he asked me and i thought .. maybe i doubt it but i'l ask to find out for sure.[/QUOTE]

Not if BB/FS's sale is knocking it under $79.99. And it's not really worth it if it's knocking it down close to that.

Your friend would be better off picking it up from Best Buy or Future Shop while they don't have any kind of sale going on (but while the Gamestop sale is still active). The bigger the difference in prices, the more of a discount you'll receive when you price match. Remember, they beat it by 10% of the difference. You want as big of a difference as possible.

A few things from Shoppers Drug Mart this week:

Wii Remote Plus $34.99
Wii Nunchuk $19.99
Mario Sports Mix $44.99
Nintendo DSi XL $149.99
Wii Mario Kart bundle $139.99
PS3 Move bundle $79.99

Also to point out FutureShop has the Scarface Blu-ray Steelbook for $24.99 September 6-8.

Say Hello to my little friend! :twoguns:

[quote name='kyle071785']thanks for the weekly flyers!

nothing for me this week. Dead Island looks decent but it doesn't look $50 decent. looks sorta like a poor man's L4D. Anyways I'll wait on it to hit the $20-$30 range before I bite.

Hopefully FS has a few good value ($19) games on sale. Maybe get a few cheap...[/QUOTE]

L4D = FPS. DI = Sandbox RPG. They both have zombies and co-op.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Not if BB/FS's sale is knocking it under $79.99. And it's not really worth it if it's knocking it down close to that.

Your friend would be better off picking it up from Best Buy or Future Shop while they don't have any kind of sale going on (but while the Gamestop sale is still active). The bigger the difference in prices, the more of a discount you'll receive when you price match. Remember, they beat it by 10% of the difference. You want as big of a difference as possible.[/QUOTE]

Alright. Thanks For Letting Me Know I told him that but then he came up with that and i didn't think it would work BUT i thought i asked to be sure. so instead of $79.99 it will be like $71 ish without the TAX of course.

[quote name='
The Special Edition includes that stuff already, its a Gamestop exclusive. No idea what a Limited Edition is:
[URL']http://www.hookedgamers.com/blogs/jeffgates/2011/06/03/dead_island_special_edition_revealed.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

If you go to gamestop.ca and search for the special edition, you get nothing. They have it titled as "Dead Island Limited Edition" and still the twitter repersentative said SE+the DLC which made it out to think that there was more in there.

Quick question about price matching:

Will Future shop price match Toys R us' Fable 3 if there isn't a TrU in that same city?

For those thinking about grabbing Dead Island, I pre ordered 2 copies today, since they have it listed for 49.99. Best buy has it listed for the "buy 2 get $20 off" so I ended up getting them for 39.99 each. Not bad for a day one release.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Alright. Thanks For Letting Me Know I told him that but then he came up with that and i didn't think it would work BUT i thought i asked to be sure. so instead of $79.99 it will be like $71 ish without the TAX of course.[/QUOTE]

Regular Move price: $99.99
Price you're matching: $79.99
Difference of: $20
Ten percent of that: $2
Final price: $77.99 + tax

bread's done
Back