Flyers-Walmart 3DS $198 July 29th-August 4th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart (Quebec) (Flyer starts July 26th in Quebec)

3DS $198

Duke Nukem: Forever $39
Phineas & Ferb Wii $39

Rio Blu Ray $27.93 with CD soundtrack

Link to the Qubec flyer the 3DS is on page 8

Future Shop

4gb Xbox 360/Kinect Bundle w/Bioshock 2 - $299
Lego Harry Potter - $19.99 (Wii/360/PS3)

$29.99
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
MX vs. ATV: Alive (360/PS3)
GTA IV: Complete Edition (360/PS3)

$39.99 (360/PS3)
WWE Allstars
Homefront
Brink
Duke Nukem Forever
Hunted: The Demons Forge
Mortal Kombat

$49.99
F.E.A.R. 3 (360/PS3/PC)
Transformers: DOTM (360/PS3)
Child of Eden (360)

Nintendo 3DS - $249.99 (With bonus case)
Pac-Man Galaga Dimensions - $29.99 (3DS)
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D - $29.99

Harry Potter : TDHP2 (360/PS3) - $49.99 + Free Harry Potter Blu Ray Combo, 6 movies to choose from.

Preorder Bonuses:

Gears of war 3 (360) - $59.99 - Bonus curb stomp first aid kit
Madden 12 - $59.99 - In-game all star team
Driver San Fransisco - $59.99 - In-game Aston Martin DB5 car
NHL 12 - $59.99 - In-game goalie boost
Resistance 3 (PS3) - Save $10 When you purchase the Resistance 1 & 2 pack ($39.99)

Best Buy

Splinter Cell $9.99
Bioshock 2 $9.99
Assasins Creed 2 $9.99

inFamous $19.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II $19.99
The DLC for this game is cheap http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...f2?cid=search&DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

Medal of Honour $19.99

Duke Nukem: Forever $39.99
Shift 2 $39.99
dungeon Siege III $39.99
Dragon Age II $39.99
Hunted $39.99

160GB PS3 with Uncharted 2 $299.99
Tiger Woods Move Bundle $99.99
Drive Force GT $129.99
Blu-Ray remote & Tears of the Sun Blu Ray $24.99

250GB 360 with Gears Triple pack $299.99
Buy 2 save $20 on all kinect games $49.99

Pre-order get 800 RZ points Deus Ex, Resistance 3, Madden 12

Last edited by a moderator:
Put the 3DS in your pocket and go for a nice walk. Afterwards, when you open your 3DS and you see marks from your touchscreen's frame and/or circle pad to your topscreen, then it's a problem.

You don't even have to walk around necessarily. I would just close it, put it down, and come back later in the day. The smudges would be there just from the pressure of the top screen resting on the bottom screen, nothing on top pressing down. Right now I stuck two rubber pads on the bottom two corners to keep it from getting worse, I hope I can remove them without screwing up the plastic.

Just a correction, Mortal Kombat is actually $49.99, not $39.99 as stated above.

The cheapest you'll get it is $47.99 with a price match.

At $39.99 (36.99 w/PM) I would've bit. But $50, despite the quality of the game, is too rich for my blood.

[quote name='firehawk12']Haha, so the only way to know if it is broken is to break it.[/QUOTE]

You'll notice the larger bumpers if you close the 3DS, and look through it with a light on the other end. This will let you see if the edges are touching the screen, more or less.

I put double sided tape under the bumpers to raise them just a bit. It helps, but I'm still paranoid (if you scratch the 3D screen badly enough, you can lose the illusion creates by the two images being rendered) so I keep a cloth between the screens.

Regarding the 'exclusive' GBA titles. Nintendo has no plans to release them later, but they will. It's just PR talk to try and sell a few more 3DS system at the full $249.99. The 20 free games is a nice package though.

I've had a 3DS since launch, open/closed at least 5+ times a week, taken it out my house a few times in an old school PSP 1000 soft case....no scratches or anything.

So I got a "good" one? Put good in quotes because the hinge is still loose as hell.

[quote name='Renderthal']can someone tell me what is in the starter kit? I do not see it on the site and the starter kit might be enough for me to want to make the extra trip to use price protection instead of looking for one from costco for $169
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300439[/QUOTE]

It's moot, since that deal's last day was Thursday 28 Jun.
However, it has:

• An oversized case (fits 3DS plus games)
  • A car charger
  • Headphones
  • Lower screen protector
  • Two stylii
  • An 18 game storage case (easily the coolest thing in the kit)
I wouldn't sweat that you missed out. Costco's price is great, you don't need to price adjust, and you get their far better return policy.

[quote name='blandstalker']It's moot, since that deal's last day was Thursday 28 Jun.
However, it has:

• An oversized case (fits 3DS plus games)
  • A car charger
  • Headphones
  • Lower screen protector
  • Two stylii
  • An 18 game storage case (easily the coolest thing in the kit)
I wouldn't sweat that you missed out. Costco's price is great, you don't need to price adjust, and you get their far better return policy.[/QUOTE]
alright thank you. i just wanted to know because their price is still 199 so i was unsure and i think i will go pick up one from costco today

Thanks Princess Zelda & unbreakable84, I just picked up Resident Evil: The Mercenaries at Future Shop. But it was a bit of a hassle.

This morning I went to get it, seeing it on this CAG thread for $29.99. there was only 1 on the shelf with no price tag, I took it up & was just about to hand over my CC when it came up at like $44-something. So I asked them if it was on sale, and they looked through the flyer, couldn't see it, and on their register it was coming up regular price. I thought it was on sale at FS, but I wasn't entirely sure. So I walked away empty-handed.

When I got home I checked this thread plus the FS site:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=5b1b215f713db8e1520ea4b1528a9bf5en02

They only label it Resident Evil. Not Resident Evil: The Mercenaries, but it clearly *is* that game.

So I went back, told them about the site page, and they did an "online price match" to give it to me for the sale price. Kind of annoying that it was so bothersome to get this game. Oh well.

(cool story bro)

So, I got a response from Nintendo a few days ago in reply to my email.

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry to hear what’s happening. If you’re seeing scratches or wear on the upper screen of the Nintendo 3DS, we want to speak to you.

At your earliest convenience, please contact Nintendo's Consumer Service Department by calling 1-800-255-3700 any time between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. In order to speed things along, make sure to have your system with you when you call.
Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Andi Anderson"

Not sure if the thumb nub leaving an imprint behind counts as "wear".

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']For those who buy a 3DS, check it for a loose hinge when you get it, and whether the bottom screen leaves marks on the top screen. Not all of them have these issues, I got one with a good hinge but it eventually made scratches on my screen protector. Nintendo is covering the screen thing under warranty, maybe the hinge too.[/QUOTE]

My left hinge is loose! :( Thanks for getting me to check. I certainly don't want to damage my screen. So has anybody gotten this covered under warranty or should I just take it back to Costco for a replacement? I imagine that 3DS friend codes are locked to the hardware?

Thanks EvilMario for posting that Youtube vid. I just did this fix on my 3DS, I was getting the scratches/smudges, but they weren't permanent yet. I noticed they would happen when I had my 3DS in a bag or case where the top/bottom were pressed together.

After having my Wii box sit around for like 3 years I chucked it in the recycling bin last year... crap! if I'da known that I would need that double-sided tape.... luckily I know someone who still had their box--with the tape in it--- and they don't have a 3DS, so I lucked out there.

The fix seems good, though the side profile of the 3DS is slightly raised, but it still seems to go into sleep mode ok when closed. I bought a 3DS from FS for someone, and tried it out a bit, I noticed that the bumpers were clearly higher than on my launch 3DS. So people buying units now may not have this problem....

Correct, most units in stores now should have the raised bumpers. It's only the units that were in the first few batches near launch that'll need the bumper fix.

I was reading on Neogaf, this guy sent his 3DS to Nintendo and they were giving him problems, not fixing the problem or taking responsibility. I think he's in the UK though. I'm going to try the Wii sensor bar tape trick. Can someone tell me whether you think it'd be easy to get the tape back out and insert the feet normally afterward if I ever wanted to change it back to factory condition and send it in?

It seems like it would be tough to get it out if the tape decides to stick to the bottom inside the 3DS. If it decides to stick to the underneath of the rubber bumper, then it would be "easier" though I didn't think it was super easy to pull those bumpers out in the first place.

I thought maybe you could dig the tape out of the holes with a pin or something, if the tape got left behind when you took out the feet. Just want to think everything through before I commit to that mod.

I picked up Yakuza 4. Other people should pick it up as well, so Sega will bring Yakuza: Kenzan and Yakuza: Of the End to the West!

The Yakuza games are great fun with brutal beat-em-up combat and solid RPG elements. It is a highly underrated series. It is often considered the spiritual sucessor to the Shenmue series.

Check out some reviews (not IGN though with their 6.5 score) and see if it is something that you would enjoy.

Gamerankings HD Review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-yakuza-4/712384

[quote name='Frankfurt1985']I picked up Yakuza 4. Other people should pick it up as well, so Sega will bring Yakuza: Kenzan and Yakuza: Of the End to the West!

The Yakuza games are great fun with brutal beat-em-up combat and solid RPG elements. It is a highly underrated series. It is often considered the spiritual sucessor to the Shenmue series.

Check out some reviews (not IGN though with their 6.5 score) and see if it is something that you would enjoy.

Gamerankings HD Review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-yakuza-4/712384[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Kenzan is a lost cause, seeing as how it's over three years old now and sold the worst out of all the console releases in Japan which is by far the series' strongest market.

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']If you mean for the next period starting tomorrow, you can get $5 extra credit for titles at $8 TIV or higher.[/QUOTE]

No mention of a limit, right?

[quote name='Derfel']I'm pretty sure Kenzan is a lost cause, seeing as how it's over three years old now and sold the worst out of all the console releases in Japan which is by far the series' strongest market.[/QUOTE]

You are probably right. Kenzan is probably a lost cause. However, in March, one of Sega's employees said that there is always hope if the franchise continues to grow in the west. I think Of the End has a decent chance though!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I thought maybe you could dig the tape out of the holes with a pin or something, if the tape got left behind when you took out the feet. Just want to think everything through before I commit to that mod.[/QUOTE]

I emailed Nintendo Support back, they told me that an imprint is not enough to send it in for repairs. I was really hoping they would change the bumpers for me. Ugh.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I emailed Nintendo Support back, they told me that an imprint is not enough to send it in for repairs. I was really hoping they would change the bumpers for me. Ugh.[/QUOTE]
This is ridiculous. Their poor design causes the screen to scratch itself and they aren't fixing it? I've read of people on neogaf and nintendo official forums who had theirs fixed tho, Nintendo said they would replace the screen and fix it so it doesn't happen again (with longer feet I assume.) Did you write to Nintendo Canada?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']This is ridiculous. Their poor design causes the screen to scratch itself and they aren't fixing it? I've read of people on neogaf and nintendo official forums who had theirs fixed tho, Nintendo said they would replace the screen and fix it so it doesn't happen again (with longer feet I assume.) Did you write to Nintendo Canada?[/QUOTE]

I think so. Is there any difference?

bread's done
Back