Folklore $17.99 at Amazon with FREE Standard Shipping

This game had great graphics, atmosphere, and innovative sixaxis controls (at the time) but the amount of grinding you had to do becomes very tedious and just killed the game for me (to unlock new monsters to control, you had to kill a certain number of specific monsters and sometimes you had to do it with another specific monster).

I've been thinking about getting an rpg for a bit now. It'll either be FolkLore or White Knight Chronicles.

This was a near launch game that i've been looking to buy but it never fell below $50... this is one hell of a price drop but now i don't really want it anymore lol.

I beat this one a long time ago. Get this one if you don't have it yet. Get the free dlc if you feel like it but don't get the paid dlc. I have it all and it just isn't worth it and adds nothing to the main story.

[quote name='abhinav']This was a near launch game that i've been looking to buy but it never fell below $50... this is one hell of a price drop but now i don't really want it anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Plus the demo was kind of lackluster, IMO. I don't know why this game gets so hyped up... From the demo, it seemed good for a launch game. "Launch" being the operative word - seems like better games are out now.

its a good rpg game, while checking amazon though i saw Yakuza 3 (PS3) brand new for $22 something, is that a deal or thats the real price now a days.

The game was awesome in a ton of ways and terrible in others.

It had a great personality, incredible music, awesome creature design and a fun story.

On the other hands, like others said it was "grindtastic" and had the awesome life extender of having you play the same areas twice (once with each character) to get the whole story. I got about 3/4 with each one then bailed. I may break it back out because I generally want to complete a game but I remember when I originally left it I wasn't too remorseful.

yakuza 3 is not being sold through amazon. Though the seller does have 100% positive feedback. I think its 18 plus 4 dollars for shipping.

My Bestbuy has had new copies of Folklore,Eternal Sonata & Heavenly Sword for $19.99 since around Christmas. I guess they got reprinted.

Yeah the grinding got old real quick. At some point you just give up trying to collect monsters just to finish the game and be done with it.

Thanks OP! Been trying to find this game brand new for under $20 for a long time. Last time I saw this game in retail was like 2 months ago at Best Buy and they still had it for $60.

If your local Toys R Us has this in stock (which is YMMV), it should be clearanced down to $9.98 (yes, 9.98 NOT 19.98) before tax. I haven't had the time to crack it open yet (ah, my ever-growing backlog...), so I can't comment on gameplay or graphics or anything.

As you play this game, here is what the flow of your opinion on this game goes like:
"Cool!" -> "Nice!" -> "Wow" -> "meh" -> "hm..." -> "ugh..." -> "blah" -> "...." -> "...... I just want to be done with this game."

I've played this game and that's what I felt.
My friends came over, watched me playing this game and borrowed it from me eventually, and most of them didn't even finish the game when returning it.

Damn it, what took them so BLOODY LONG for it to drop? I remember it was around up around 45-55 bucks. I already brought it somewhere for 25 bucks -_- But yeah, good game but get boring at some point.

[quote name='abhinav']This was a near launch game that i've been looking to buy but it never fell below $50... this is one hell of a price drop but now i don't really want it anymore lol.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I was looking for it to drop price, it never did, and now I dont care

[quote name='sherisdoppel']As you play this game, here is what the flow of your opinion on this game goes like:
"Cool!" -> "Nice!" -> "Wow" -> "meh" -> "hm..." -> "ugh..." -> "blah" -> "...." -> "...... I just want to be done with this game."

I've played this game and that's what I felt.
My friends came over, watched me playing this game and borrowed it from me eventually, and most of them didn't even finish the game when returning it.[/QUOTE]
Yep. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way. This is one of the first games I just could not complete. Usually it pains me to leave something hanging, but I just stopped caring after a while. I'm not even sure how far I got. The atmosphere was pretty cool, but even that was limited because of the relatively small worlds and limited interaction with the environments.

I picked it up for $15 and I'd be hard pressed to say it's not worth a try at $18 since some people seem to really like it. It might be worth the risk, but if you're really on the fence, maybe just save that money for something you know you want instead.

For those that care, you can change outfits on the characters and the female one has a bikini...

I personally loved the game all the way until the end. I enjoyed the gameplay and the story (and the bikini).

bread's done
Back