Folklore

I've only played the demo and the game seemed fine. From what I've read it is extremely linear, so if you are looking for a typical gameplay RPG you should look elsewhere. You also play between two characters and have to switch between the two or end up with one horribly underpowered and kind of screwed in the game. Besides the game seeming "fine" it didn't exactly thrill me, in fact I ended the demo and uninstalled it before beating it.

The game also has a ton of DLC that you have to pay for. For some reason when I see a game that has added content that you have to buy I tend to avoid them.

I might pick it up one day if I ever see it for under 20 though. But right now I'm going to wait for a PS3 RPG.

It's a steal at $30. I own it and finished it. The story, setting, music, and gameplay are all excellent. I even spent money on the DLC, but that I did regret (didn't think it was worth it).

To me it was definitely worth the purchase and I bought it at full price close to when it came out.

You do have to play through each level twice (once with each character); however the story associated with each playthrough is different as are some of the Folk to be found. The Folk also have different abilities for each of the characters.

If you can get past that aspect of the game, everything else is fantastic. Its got a good fantasy storyline and setting and a wonderful art style.

I found the portions of the game that took place in the town to be a bit on the tedious side but its really needed in order to move the story along. Its also the part the ties the two storylines together during the course of the game.

[quote name='probablysober']The game also has a ton of DLC that you have to pay for. For some reason when I see a game that has added content that you have to buy I tend to avoid them.[/quote]

If you really go by this you'll be missing out on some great games considering almost every major title now is coming out with paid download content of some sort. You never HAVE to buy the content, just like you don't have to buy the Folklore packs. Its really just more of additions to the game. You'll get a great game without the packs, you just get a couple of extra add-ons if you do get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I find it somewhere for $30, I will jump all over it. Get it before it goes out of stock.

[quote name='SpitFire158']Alright. Had to debate over this or EoJ for the same price but i'll get Folklore[/quote]

At $30 each, you gotta get them both. The USB camera is easily worth $30 alone (for video conferencing), and EOJ is a very good multiplayer game. Even if you don't invest hundreds of dollars on EOJ cards it should still be worth checking out.

That said, if I only had $30 to spend, I'd get Folklore.

Yeah Folklore is awsome i got it at walmart for 30 bucks and yes its a steal.I love the story, problem is: is it going to have trophy support?.That is the only reason why i haven't continued my game. I hope they do since this game has a pretty decent DLC so i think they would include trophies in the very enar future.

bread's done
Back