Food Network sucks w/out Iron Chef!!

phatbunbao

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm sorry but I really need to complain about these moron on the food channel. I love to watch cooking show but lately I can't even watch the show because of whoevers on it. I've had a lot of time to catch up on some TV watching this summer and I just notice they took off iron chef and replaced it with some crappy nock-off. I couldn't even stand to watch the show past the first commercial break. That chairman guy has some serious issues and I believe he had an epileptic seizure while annoucing the theme ingredient. Then to top things off they make Bobby Flay think he's even more special by making him an iron chef :roll: . OMG did I want to kick his face in, the guy is such a douche bag! Also, what exactly is wrong with Racheal Ray? Is this what happens when people have sex with their siblings or a monkey then 9 months later a Racheal Ray pops out? The girl is fruitloops, people just don't laugh at their own jokes as much as she does. The whole EVOO thing is just stupid and annoying as hell. What is the point of abbreviating extra virgin olive oil when you have to explain the abbreviation every time you use it? I swear every time her show comes on and she introduces herself "Hi I'm Racheal Ray" instantaniously I think to myself "Hi I need to change the channel." Another host that annoys me is that italian girl that looks like an owl. I don't know her name but why does she have to orgasm every time she tastes her own cooking? Is her food really that good? If it is then I'll have to try out some of her recipes one day.

Any network that felt fit to bring us Iron Chef outside of the West Coast PBS affiliates deserves at least 3 years of slack in my book.

Furthermore, any channel that goes back to the broadcast company and gathers up the licenses to air the rest of the series, not to mention translates it, then puts it at the forefront of their weekend, and then their weekday, lineup deserves an additional 3 years of slack.

And if they take the utter garbage that was the American take on Iron Chef (if you don't remember, don't ask), redo it again, and at least make it somewhat watchable deserves a gold star.

To top that all off, if they take most of the weaknesses of the remake of the remake, turn it into a series, and still garners a great deal attention from their audience to have it on for three seasons when there would be no Iron Chef otherwise...well, you see where I'm going.

Yes, I take issue with the 4 hour repeat schedule of their midnight and later programming, and I'm upset that most of their original series are relegated to the 9 AM - 10 AM slot or 4 AM to 5 AM slot, but that's the way it is. At least they cycle all of those shows and, best of all, they still keep up all of their recipes (well, almost all).

Any website where I can visit, find a recipe for almost anything I want to make, then watch videos on the tricky parts so I can emulate it myself without paying one thin dime or seeing a popup is something I can stand behind, and the network does just as well.

[quote name='JimmieMac']If you watch $ 40 a Day, which is on now, you can also see that she under-tips. Constantly.[/QUOTE]

And she's a total lush.

The Italian chick likes to take the twins out for a walk all the time, so I can't fault her for that...Good Eats is just Bill Nye for adults, which is fine, but I can't stand that guy's smarmy attitude.

I usually stick to the public channels' shows: Lidia's Kitchen, America's Test Kitchen, the Scandinavian series (I liked Sweden, Norway seemed way uncool), Jacques Pepin (without the annoying ho-bag), etc. No commercials and less annoying personalities. Plus, I can't help but feel alienated watching Food Network, since I'm not a soccer mom.

Did they ever show The Naked Chef in the US?

[quote name='humidore']Did they ever show The Naked Chef in the US?[/quote]

Yes, they do. And if I had a chance I'd punch the lisp right outta that guys cock sucker.

Bah, I watch the channel all the time. I haven't seen the Japanese version of Iron Chef in way too long. The dubbing was brilliant.

Also, Alton Brown is the man.

bread's done
Back