Football Jersey Question

merkman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know we have a lot of football fans here. Former Jersey deals threads went on HARDCORE. So here's my question for the day...

Now that Jeff Garcia is going to play for Tampa Bay, I would LOVE to get his jersey. Though Seattle is STILL my favorite team, Tampa is a personal favorite thanks to Ronde Barber, Williams, etc. I have Home and Away jersey's for the those two, so I'd LIKE to get a Tampa Bay Replica Alternate Men's Jeff Garcia Reebok Jersey in an XXL.

I couldn't even find place to buy one. NFL Shop and Reebok weren't helpful. So let's start with WHERE can I get one, then we'll worry about the best DEAL if more than one place emerges... :)

These jerseys won't be made available for atleast a few months... Probably by preseason. He was just signed yesterday.

Agreed. The first place that will have a Garcia jersey would be the Buccaneers website when it does come out. It will take stores and online retailers a while to get someone like Garcia because, well, there aren't many people who are chomping at the bit to wear his jersey, no offense to you.

I was going to suggest finding a site that has customizable ones, and just put Garcia and his number if you don't want to wait.

NFL Shop won't allow the name Garcia though, I tried

Generally, you aren't going to see the jerseys for draft picks and free agent signees until at least after the draft, but more likely after the point when they assign numbers (training camp).

Best places to check: shop.nfl.com, the storefront linked from the Buc's page, or, if you're in the Tampa area, the official team store (they tend to have obscure jerseys).

Word of advice: don't get the Reebok EQT jerseys (I think that's the name). They're like hte middle ground between authentic and replica. Problem is the sewn on numbers and name are made with only one piece instead of two, and the second color is painted on. End result is the number paint fades off and gets really ugly if you attempt to clean it.

First off, thanks to all of the above. Your posts are appreciated!!!

[quote name='mvick288']why wont they allow Garcia as customizable[/QUOTE]

Probably won't yet for one of two reasons. One, maybe the league office hasn't approved the free agent signing yet... so the web sites won't allow the custom jersey yet. Or two, the online sites are simply slow at adding Garcia to the Tampa Bay allowed roster. For reasons I don't quite understand, you can't just go and get a Mariners jersey with Kerry Wood's name and number... even if you want to pay for the customization. I'm sure the NFL follows this policy as well. What REALLY sucks is if one of my college favorites is still on file, I can't buy a collegiate jersey with their name and number on it. Which is just rediculous IMHO. :(

I beat the curve a little bit with baseball. The M's haven't given me much to root for lately, but when they signed Weaver I got excited. After all, there aren't many World Series players on this team lately... let alone one that won his team's final game pitching 8 of 9 innings, and probably could have gone for the complete game if his manager wasn't such a wuss. ;) For that one, I went to Triple Play Sports or something, ordered the Mariners Alternate Replica jersey, and they custom made it for me. Took about two weeks, but it turned out AWESOME.

My only comment to those about getting a customized jersey on NFL Shop.com or wherever, is I don't see a customizable Bucs ALTERNATE jersey for sale there. Am I just missing it???

You may have waited too long for Mike's jersey. I don't remember seeing it anywhere. You can try store.reebok.com, as they have quite a few... but otherwise, you'd be stuck creating a customized authentic... and there is NOTHING CHEAP about that. :(

Well, as is so often the case with such deals... it isn't going to work for me. :(

Because the Garcia trade was just completed recently, it seems the NFL hasn't updated the ShopNFL.com website. As a result I can't order a Tampa Bay jersey of ANY sort with the custom options of Garcia for the name and 7 for the number. :(

Speaking of the NFL Shop, they advertise these "Reebok Storm Jerseys" on the front page. They show the Manning one, but whenever I click on it, the Colts aren't on the list of teams and I can't find that jersey anywhere.

Possibly because they're in the process of clearing out the old stock, and Manning's probably sold out quickly.

bread's done
Back