for a research paper: question about finding facts

RomaVictor

CAGiversary!
Hey all,

Maybe you can give me some quick advice. I am writing a research paper regarding gaming legislation and how it violates libertarian values in the name of community. I want to find a statistic regarding median age of gamers. I will settle for average, I just cannot seem to find any statistics...am wanting to illustrate that most of us are older and when a game is banned through legislation it is censorship, compared to just receiving a mature rating.

Sorry if that is incoherent rambling, I'm on a caffeine high. If you have any tips let me know. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Never cite anything from the internet for research papers.[/QUOTE]
Normally yes, but since this is the ESA, it's probably a good source. For research papers on literature, don't do it. But in this case, probably fine.

That site just says numbers. They give no background into where those numbers come from. I'd take those with heavy dosing of salt.

Awesome, I also have a research paper on video games due soon, with my topic being How Videogames Affect Child Development. I've been slackin the hell off on it, and now I get all the information dumped in my lap.

Procrastination ROCKS!

Heh... I wish I can write research paper on video games. Instead I have to do it on genetic evidence at a molecular level on homo erectus migration -_-

I did so many speeches are crap on video games, for instance the effects of video games just to name one, so I decided to do it on the privacy of US citizens vs protecting our nation sort of thing. So I have to find 30 facts by tomorrow (which won't happen because I only have 20 and I'm going to bed) on it which is extremly hard, but luckily I was able to find Privacy.org, that site really saved my ass today.

Now hopefully it will all work out. I really hate this paper...

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Heh... I wish I can write research paper on video games. Instead I have to do it on genetic evidence at a molecular level on homo erectus migration -_-[/QUOTE]
I did a research paper on violence when I was a Freshmen. It was difficult to find any evidence, and most of it was quite suspect. Research papers on video games tend to be pretty stupid.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Heh... I wish I can write research paper on video games. Instead I have to do it on genetic evidence at a molecular level on homo erectus migration -_-[/QUOTE]
homo erectus

bread's done
Back