For anyone that uses Tracfone..

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
They have a Double Minutes for Life card on sale on their website and I've never purchased anything from there so I have some questions.

1. Do they send you a physical card or a code?

2. There's a promo code you can use right now to get extra minutes when you add a Double Minutes for Life card. Do you enter that code when you purchase the card from the site, or after you receive the card or code?

Thanks

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']They have a Double Minutes for Life card on sale on their website and I've never purchased anything from there so I have some questions.

1. Do they send you a physical card or a code?

2. There's a promo code you can use right now to get extra minutes when you add a Double Minutes for Life card. Do you enter that code when you purchase the card from the site, or after you receive the card or code?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You add your phone to your account, then they send it straight to your phone. There's no code or physical item.

You enter the code on the (I think) shopping cart page. Before you give them money, at least. Note that you get feedback if the code's no good, but if it works, there's no feedback, and the number of minutes added is not obvious. (This could be done better.)

Note that bonus minutes will not be doubled if you have DMFL.

Also, the website I use for tracfone codes is:
http://preprepaid.com/currenttracfonebonus.php
They're nice because they actually test the codes, and remove dead ones.

Don't stay with Tracfone. Seriously. There's no reason for anyone who isn't mind-numbingly old to have them. Even with double minutes (which you pay for), you still have better rates elsewhere.

[quote name='davo1224']Don't stay with Tracfone. Seriously. There's no reason for anyone who isn't mind-numbingly old to have them. Even with double minutes (which you pay for), you still have better rates elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I got double minutes for free after a while. Not sure how it happened but everything for me now has free double minutes. Like I said, I'm not sure how it happened since I never entered a code for double minutes.

I recommend TracFone to people who use less then 20 minutes a month, and for a few dollars It's worth it to have an emergency phone if your car breaks down and what not. Payphones are becoming non existent and if anyone asked me to use my phone I would be like "Bitch, get your own."

Not everyone has the ability to jump on a family plan for $9.99 a month, and if your gonna use so few minutes why bother paying $30+ a month for a cell phone? etc.

I agree... Up until a month or so ago, I didn't have a cell signal from home, so the only time I would use one would be in the car (for emergencies). Now that we have a signal at home, I've been looking into getting an actual plan and dropping the long distance from our phone line (still not ready to give up the land line yet).

I don't get a signal from home and I don't talk on the phone enough to really need a monthly plan.

The bonus minutes promo code for the Double Minutes For Life actually worked out better too. I purchased it and added 30 minutes for $5 extra and the code ended up giving me 80 minutes instead of 50. So I came out of it with 110 minutes for $30. ^_^

I've heard people say that it's random sometimes but wow..

virgin mobile has $10 refill cards, which is even better for non talkers, and, you watch 5 ads a day and you et 5 free minutes added to your account (they never expire either)

i chose Vm over all these prepaid companies

bread's done
Back