For anyone who HASN'T played Half Life 2...

BladeZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just bought Orange box from Steam directly and since I already owned HL2 and HL2:EP1 it says I can gift them to someone, just need an email address. I want to make sure this goes to someone who'll actually play it and enjoy one of the greatest games ever made....

If this is you, then PM me your email address and i'll send them over. Basically it will download and install over Steam, so you may need to sign up, it's free.

EDIT: Sent out both of mine, see below for more people offering gifts...

Not super neccesary but if you want to...

Send HL2 to my brother's steam account [Tchotchke_Soldier] so he can stop borrowing my account to play it. :lol:

I've already sent one of mine to a friend whom dosn't have any sourceSDK games so he can play some source mods like Insurgency etc.

Again, please put my request at the bottom tare and consider those whom dosn't have any sourceSDK enabled games first.

Thanks a bunch!

[quote name='BladeZ']I just bought Orange box from Steam directly and since I already owned HL2 and HL2:EP1 it says I can gift them to someone, just need an email address. I want to make sure this goes to someone who'll actually play it and enjoy one of the greatest games ever made....

If this is you, then PM me your email address and i'll send them over. Basically it will download and install over Steam, so you may need to sign up, it's free.[/QUOTE]
PM sent.

How does this work - I've never played ANY HL or HL2 or whatever but was very interested after the recent reviews. What do I need to do to play this?

Hi, if someone can spare half life 2, I'll take it. I'll probably get orange box next month anyway though. I can't this month because I just blew all my money on my new rig. My Steam name is InsaneLuchador.

[quote name='Wlogan31']How does this work - I've never played ANY HL or HL2 or whatever but was very interested after the recent reviews. What do I need to do to play this?[/quote]
1. Download and install Steam from steampowered.com
2. Create a Steam account
3. Someone can "Gift" Half-Life 2 and Episode One if they already have those two games when they buy the Orange Box.
4. The sender would need a Steam account name or an Email address to send the two games to.

Note: You will be getting two games for free but they will be so compelling that, in order to continue playing such a great series, you will buy the Orange Box which comes with these two games, at which point you'll go on a message board looking for someone who does not yet own them to continue the cycle. Valve are smart.

I ordered the orange box, and I already have a friend I want to give HL2 to. When I gift them HL2 do they also get Counter Strike Source ?

I'm willing to bet not, but does anyone know for sure ?

I'd be interested if anyone has it still available. Already bought Orange Box for the 360 but would also like to try it on the PC.

[quote name='KingDox']I ordered the orange box, and I already have a friend I want to give HL2 to. When I gift them HL2 do they also get Counter Strike Source ?

I'm willing to bet not, but does anyone know for sure ?[/QUOTE]
No. CS:S isn't part of the Orange Box, you won't get a second copy.

Hi, if anyone has any HL2 gift things left I'd really appreciate it. I'm one of the few people on earth who hasn't played it. My steam account is "traxlmayr". Thanks a lot.

same here. I haven't had the chance to play half life 2 yet. My account is "penpen911" if someone wants to help. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='ShottiePippen']Hi, I just got the Orange Box and I have HL2 and Episode 1 gifts available. Please PM me if you want them.[/quote]

PM'ed!

Just wanted to give kudos to everybody giving away Half-Life 2 & episode 1, you guys rock.
And to everybody who gets them for free, enjoy, they are two of the finest games I have ever played.

What are the requirements for HL 2? I'm using a laptop with Pentium III 1066 MHz, 512MB RAM, Radeon 16MB vid card, Windows 2000 SP4. The only game I've tried with it is Medal of Honor: Allied Assault which runs fine. If it will run, I wouldn't mind HL 2. I'll wait to see if I like it before asking for Episode 1.

Yeah I still have both HL2 and Episode One. PM me if you are interested.

EDIT: I just gifted my copies away. Enjoy Ike!!!

[quote name='cdietschrun']Ive got HL2 for free. PM me.[/quote]

Thanks for the gift. I'll download it tonight.:D

It's a shame. Everyone has copies of Half Life, but nothing on Portal. Go figure.

How much does it cost to download Portal from Steam?

bread's done
Back