For fans of the Atelier series

PrinnyOtaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
There's a new anime airing in Japan called Hanasaku Iroha (花咲くいろは).

The character design is done by the artist behind the Atelier series. While the conversion to 3D in Rorona was pretty bad IMO, his art really does shine in moving 2D.

Here's a summary of the anime:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9289/Hanasaku_Iroha

It's a slice of life featuring a female lead that's pretty atmospheric. If you're into that type of stuff, give it a shot. I thought it was pretty good, promising.

Crunchyroll is simulcasting it (1 week delay if you don't pay...):

http://www.crunchyroll.com/hanasaku-iroha/episode-1-its-spring-im-16-and-im-still-a-bud-573156

Of course you could also grab a fansub (Doki is a good choice). Up to you to find a link for that.

The PS3 needs more Atelier games...
I might watch that anime since I'm a fan of the artwork from the Atelier series.

I saw it and liked it. Interested in watching more. You were right about the quality of art and the show being "atmospheric". I just hope there will be more to it than just her "hardening".

For a slice of life it's lacking in the romance part... I do hope they expand on the thing that happened at the playground. Seems like he's important to her still.

I dunno. She didn't seem all that upset about having to move... I got the impression she didn't care much for him / took him for granted. All her "thinking out loud" made me think she was pretty selfish. I think it would be hard for her to care for another and the thing I look forward to the most is seeing how she might mature.

I'm done with this show. The 2nd episode really changed my mind about it. As if it wasn't bad enough that all the supporting characters are unlikable and the main character is messed up,

now they're going to have the main character raped. What a dreary and depressing show. I can already guess that the other two girls have been raped too and that's why their personalities are so "strange". And, that this show is mostly about how the main char has the "strength" and "courage" to trust people despite all the shit that everyone did to her. :puke:

It's really weird that they would mix fan service into that too. Makes me think the show might not be that serious and the upcoming rape scene might be intended to merely excite some fucktards. Either way, I've had enough.

This show really isn't ecchi, not in the least. Ep 2's end is only a cliffhanger, I can 99% guarantee that what you think is gonna happen isn't, and your guess about their pasts I highly doubt.

It's still way to early to pass judgment on it imo, but I guess if you are strongly opposed to what they ~could~ have implied, just know that the show is PG-13 and done by P.A. Works. They've never done anything remotely ero.

You aren't really supposed to "like" any of the characters in the beginning of a series. It does usually take quite a few episodes to build their character up for people to get attached to them, flaws and everything. As for their personalities, they're all pretty standard archetypes (Minko is gonna end up being tsundere, etc...).

bread's done
Back