For once, a successful shopping trip..

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (100%)
So I've got no classes on Fridays, and nobody's home because my sister works and my parents aren't coming back from CA until late tonight. I plotted myself a route along the south shore of the island that took me to two Game Crazies, a Toys R Us, three Circuit Cities, and a K-Mart. I had an awesome cheapass afternoon.

First place I made it to was a Game Crazy. All I could find there was a Fatal Frame 3, and it wasn't even sealed, but I picked it up anyway. Had like, no GBA games whatsoever, and most of the stuff I'm looking for from GC is GBA games.

After that I wandered over to a K-Mart. This place was really organized! Almost everything that should have been clearance was clearly marked and they didn't have many older titles.. disappointing. I still managed to get two Taiko Drum Masters for $15 each though.

Next was a Toys R Us and a Circuit City in the same center. Toys R Us was loaded! I grabbed a Fire Emblem: PoR and a Makai Kingdom, and I also saw stuff like Psychonauts and Fire Emblem: SS. They had a load of Taiko Drum Masters, and I couldn't remember the price so I had them checked.. only $1 less than K-Mart =/ Circuit City had NOTHING. It was the most organized CC I've ever been in (which isn't saying much, but this place was really nice) but they didn't have a single thing from the new clearance.

On my way to another Game Crazy, I saw gas for $2.55 a gallon! Everywhere near me it's still barely at $2.75. Unfortunately it was cash only and I only had $15 cash left, but I still got more than half a tank from that. A pleasant surprise.

At the next Game Crazy, I made an awesome score. All of their new drops were clearly marked and on a rack in the middle of the floor. Even then, I found two copies of Fatal Frame III, both factory sealed, a copy of R-Type Final, and River City Ransom and Rebelstar Tactical Command behind the counter. I passed on the R-Type because this Game Crazy isn't too far away and I can always go back, but I spent the $56 for the other stuff. Both GBA games were resealed, and RCR has a tiny dent in the box, but it's still sweet. They had an Astro Boy GBA game there, too, wish that was on clearance..

Stopped at one more Circuit City after getting a little lost, where they again had nothing. One more close to home where I only picked up a copy of Sid Meier's Pirates for $8.96.

So, in total:

Game Crazy

Fatal Frame III x3
River City Ransom
Rebelstar Tactical Command

Toys R Us

Makai Kingdom
Fire Emblem: PoR

Circuit City

Sid Meier's Pirates!

K-Mart

Taiko Drum Master x2

I don't really want to think about how much I spent today, but for once I actually had a good experience going deal hunting.

EDIT: Almost forgot my copy of Phoenix Wright that arrived from Amazon today, purchased entirely through gift certificates!

As soon as I saw the words South Shore and Island I knew you were from LI without even looking. That's one thing I don't miss about home...I'm paying 2.15 out here in MI for gas.

Did you go to the Massapequa GameCrazy? The Massapequa Circuit City was cleared out of all clearence DS games and they had lots of new releases. Luckily I got The Office Season 2 there for 17 bucks, that was a sick deal.

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']As soon as I saw the words South Shore and Island I knew you were from LI without even looking. That's one thing I don't miss about home...I'm paying 2.15 out here in MI for gas.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah, same for me in michigan, but in chicago (downtown) gas was like 3.20 and just under, as I moved back toward michigan, the price dropped... but I was like DAMN!!!!!!!!!! I am a cheapass when I don't get gas for 1 dollar more than I paid two days before...

[quote name='gopro']Wasted Money IMO[/QUOTE]

Gee, sorry we don't all have such an elite taste in video games as you obviously do.

bread's done
Back