For those of you who are 21+ (or drink illegally), how often do you drink?

Whenever I feel the need. I don't let it interfere with things like school and work and such...I can keep it under control if I know I have to wake up early or have a mid-term/final coming up.

had two beers tonight. it really just depends, ill have a beer with dinner on any given night, but that doesnt always happen. how often do i binge? maybe once every couple of weeks or so, depending on if its payday and friends want to go out or do something.

Depends on what's happening. I might drink like a maniac for three days straight or might not have anything for a couple weeks. I'd say the average is probably one night a week, factoring in weeks where I don't have anything and those when I have multiple nights out.

I don't drink alchy anymore. One, it makes me puffy, and two, it's not the most healthy beverage. Back when I was younger, I went through a party phase, which stopped a few yeas ago. Now, I'm just "boring" and older. :whistle2:(

Either I'm getting drunk (lots of drinks), or I'm not drinking. I'm not one of those to just drink two or three beers.

I think a better question for me would be; "how do I not drink?"

Seriously last couple couple of months I was a full blown alcoholic. Now I'm trying to actually pace myself, but I end up drinking on a near daily basis anyhow.

A friend of mine has a hous party about every 3 or 4 months so thats when I do most of my drinking. All but once I have been trashed. Other then that every now and then when I go to a place that serves it, and that isnt that often. I would say I drink once about every 2 months if that. I usually have some 7 and 7s and a miller lite or 2.

I don't drink anymore, used to but I'd get hella violent.

Now it's only about twice a year with my gramps.

Just a couple of beers here and there. Or maybe some wine.

I've only been drunk 2 times and 1 of those times I jumped in a pool with my brand new cell phone (no insurance) in my pocket.

So I don't get drunk anymore. I do stupid things.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I drink moderately enough not to make dumb threads on a message board for attention.[/QUOTE]

you seem to do it just fine sober.

Usually only when cooking on the grill or dining in Mexican restaurants.

I'm not a "have a beer to unwind" kind of guy. I'm typically pretty unwound.

A couple times a week for me. Typically a beer with dinner or at night in them middle of the week and a couple of beers on the weekends.

Every couple of months or so my friends and I hit the local Beer Garden and get hammered, but those trips seem to be happening less and less.

I ordered one drink when I turned 21, took a drink, thought it was nasty, and I've never looked back. I'll stick to soda as my beverage of choice.

Once the novelty wore off I just started having a few with friends now and then.

Unless your genetics are really good, too much alcohol is terrible for athletics, not to mention it will make you a fat bastard.

Reality's Fringe;4444393 said:
Once the novelty wore off I just started having a few with friends now and then.

That's why the drinking age is lower in Europe. It's not a novelty. It's not something to brag about to friends. It's a normal thing. They know how to handle it better than people that drink in the US.

I'm afraid it's too late to lower the drinking age in the US. If they tried that now, there would be so many teenage deaths before the novelty wore off.

I drank a lot before turning 21, but not so much now at age 23. I was depressed back then and drank a lot because of it. Now, it's a much more uncommon occurrence.

The last time I was *drunk* was when my friend was here on leave from the Marines from mid-late March. Since then, I have consumed alcohol twice at parties, and then this past Tuesday night I had 4 shots of rum so I could sleep after being up for over 48 hours.

I have a good beer or two 1-3 times a week.

Very seldom get drunk, maybe 6 times a year or something. And even then it's like 4 or 5 beers (albeit strong beers 7-10% ABV usually) tops, not getting totally shit faced like in college.

I don't problem drink either. I'm just a beer snob/lover and enjoy trying different beers or enjoying old favorites etc. I drink for the taste rather than the effect the vast majority of the time I guess you could say.

In college one year, 2006, I would say I was getting messed up at least 5 nights a week.

I was 22 at the time, when I turned 21 I started drinking a lot more as well.

But the last yr I spent in school 2008, I would go out a few times a week and have a beer or two, maybe get hammered once a week.

Now its a beer every 2-3 days with dinner and that's about it. Can't afford to drink and it was making me fat

I didn't have a sip of alcohol in 2007. So far this year I've had a few drinks here and there - maybe 2 a month. Alcohol makes you slow, tired and fat - I just don't need it anymore. Back in college I used to get hammered 4-5 nights a week though... ahhh the memories...

Very rarely - maybe 2 or 3 beers a year. I'm 33 now.
A lot of times the mother-in-law will insist I have one at a holiday family function and I'll take one to be polite - that's the only time I ever have anything. Quit smoking 5 months ago too - guess I'm just not fun anymore :cry:

The amount of alcohol I drink really hasn't changed all that much since I was 15-16ish. Which is rarely. I'll have a glass of wine with dinner, or a beer in the evening about once a blue moon. Since summer is coming around, I might make some cool Watermelon liquor smoothies to enjoy while sitting on the porch.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Not in moderation.[/quote]

It does for me. If I have one drink I notice the next day I feel sluggish and slightly bloated. More than one and I totally feel like shit. I eat healthy and exercise every day though so I'm probably more likely to notice a small change in my daily diet...

been drinking alot lately.. seems like i always find an excuse to go find drinks..

doesnt help that around here its hot during the week as well.

tuesdays-ladies night
thursdays- college night
weekend- usual time to drink

And i stick to liquour.. i hate beer

I am 24 and I rarely drink, but that might be because I am a pot head lol,
Drinking sucks cuz;
1. Takes effort
2. Can make you sick
3. Can die
4. Cost too much
5. Run risk of doing something really really stupid. (i.e. - Beer Goggles, enough said)
6. Cant drive
I know that pot is not all positive either but I pref it to alcohol for these reasons.

[quote name='javeryh']It does for me. If I have one drink I notice the next day I feel sluggish and slightly bloated. More than one and I totally feel like shit. I eat healthy and exercise every day though so I'm probably more likely to notice a small change in my daily diet...[/QUOTE]

Odd. I eat pretty healthy, hit the gym 4 days a week, play intramural sports etc. and it doesn't bother me at all to have 1-3 beers. I feel fine the next day.

bread's done
Back