Forgotten games you'd like a sequel/remake to on the One.

Sarang01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Since news has come out about the "Phantom Dust" remake and the "Crackdown" sequel I'm wondering what other games you might like to see, commercial successes or otherwise, get a sequel on the One, funded by MS.

One game that I feel had potential but definitely had some problems that needed to be ironed out is "Remember Me".  Given that it wasn't a commercial success but was overall very solid for a first try, I would like to see a sequel.  This was done by a first time developer and I believe a sequel would iron out most of the issues those of us here had with it.

I mean Nintendo did pay for "Bayonetta 2" when it looked like it wouldn't get released otherwise so this type of behavior isn't unprecedented.

A remake of "The Suffering" would be great as well and it did well enough on the Xbox and PS2 to merit a sequel.

Lastly, given Microsoft's good standing with Tecmo at one point a remake of "Fatal Frame" would be nice to see in the cards.  What the current hardware could do for supernatural games in terms of effects I can only imagine.

Oh and I almost forgot Onimusha.  We were relatively starved for games of its ilk last generation, seeing only "Genji" on the PS3 and that was a launch game.

What are your suggestions?

Exclusives will be more important than ever this gen. imo

Definitely agree on Chojin given they made Tobal.  It's also MS's IP anyway right?

Another "Voodoo Vince" might be nice as well as "Otogi".

There are a lot, actually.

Maximo
A return to form for Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars RepublicCommando
Lost Odyssey
Banjo Kazooie
Sonic All Star Racing
Streets of Rage
Going way back, how about Illusion of Gaia or the SnES final fantasies unaltered and released on the One?

I'm sure I could come with quite a list, but one game that comes to mind is Advent Rising. Which I will admit was not a great game by any means, but the story was excellent and kept me playing till the end. It was originally intended to be a series of titles from Majessco, but they went under and I think we only ever had gotten the one game for the original Xbox. The planned PSP game (which looked really bad) never came out.

Advent Rising was an interesting game and if done right would be something that I would really like play again. 

Definitely agree with Onimusha, Maximo, and a proper Banjo Kazooie sequel.  I'd like to see a Jak and Daxter reboot, but only if it was in the style and tone of the first game.  I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to actually come out; as far as I know, it's still being worked on, but at this point, it feels more like a rumor than a real thing.

The first thing that comes to mind for me, though, is one that truly is a forgotten game- Downhill Domination.  It wasn't perfect, but it was one of my favorite games of the PS2 era.  

There are a lot, actually.

Maximo
A return to form for Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars RepublicCommando
Lost Odyssey
Banjo Kazooie
Sonic All Star Racing
Streets of Rage
Going way back, how about Illusion of Gaia or the SnES final fantasies unaltered and released on the One?
I WAS going to possibly say "Lost Odyssey" but I haven't finished and I wasn't sure if the ending leaves way for a sequel. The problem with that is Microsoft throwing over Mistwalker. If you want it lets talk, I want for Microsoft to bring back Mistwalker. Microsoft needs an exclusive Japanese company in their corner for the One.

So far all the companies doing exclusive product for the One are Westerners, getting at least one Japanese and possibly a Korean company would be great to have in their corner. They'll bring something different to the table.

Oh, Danimal, "Jak and Daxter" doesn't work because it's a Sony IP.

Def Advent Rising, Crimson Skies & Republic Commando. All three deserve to become franchises.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is on indefinite hold.

Rallisport Challenge

Rainbow Six 3 (remake Black Arrow with all the maps from this and BA and I'd fork over $60 day one)

Crimson Skies

Blinx

0_zpscdfe354c.jpg

Forgotten by From Software after Dark Souls started making them money.

Fooms what about "Phantom Crash"?  It reminded me of Virtual On, with the fast mech combat et al, but with a much needed wider field.

I would like a new Tony Hawk that doesn't suck. NBA Street, too.

Fooms what about "Phantom Crash"? It reminded me of Virtual On, with the fast mech combat et al, but with a much needed wider field.
It was excellent but it desperately needed an online component and it was too early for that. There was a PS1 game called Carnage Heart where you didn't control the mech but you'd build it and program its logic so it would react appropriately on its own, worth checking out.

My Virtual On poster is actually to the right of the Chromehounds one. Couldn't find a nice Phantom Crash.

I remember we played Mechassault 2 on the OG XBL back in the day.
Sure did, that's another game I miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even competitive was fucked up Fooms.  From what I've heard when you played against someone on Crash once you killed them it was it.  There was no respawning.  X-(

We need to play against each other one of these days man.

Mech Warrior, Mech Assault, Mechs in general, def agree. Mech Assault 2 Lone Wolf baby! I mean Titanfall got everybody into Mechs again, it's a no brainer.

I'd also really like to see an official XBLA version of SubSpace but I'm not sure if anyone even knows who owns the rights at this point.

Future Cop LAPD (but would settle for Mech Assault).  Only ever saw it on PC, but it may have been on the PSX as well.

Raze's Hell (Xbox).

This is probably gonna get me in trouble, but since Insomniac is getting all friendly with Microsoft now, I'd love to see a sequel to Fuse.

-I would pay $60 easily for a new KOTOR.  Hell, I'd probably pay that for a KOTOR remake on next-gen.

Other highlights:

-Star Wars Republic Commando

-Crimson Skies

-Mercenaries 3

I was chatting with someone yesterday and realized we haven't seen a new "Legacy Of Kain" game since Defiance on the original Xbox.  Unless Defiance definitively ends the series how about seeing a new one on the One?

I mean Microsoft already has Tomb Raider exclusive in the can so it's not like they couldn't approach EnixSquare and pay to do another exclusive.  I mean since EnixSquare owns Eidos "Legacy Of Kain" falls under them.

edit:  A fairly easy one since MS owns the rights would be "Quantum Redshift".  A sequel was never made for it and its MS's solution to Wipeout so there you go.  I mean I remember playing Redshift and the gameplay was solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back