Former Best Buy employee gets even....sells his BB shirt and name tags on Ebay!

it says he was a team member for 57 months in his write up but then on the tag it says member since 2003....
Scam?

Pretty amusing. Reminds of a comedy bit Carrot Top used to do dressed up as a Domino's Delivery Person (and yes, it actually was funny).

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Yeah, what's with the 57 months, then member since 2003...[/quote]

He probably meant weeks. I doubt he started there in 8th grade...

That's pretty funny. Here's a tip, if ever in a Walmart, just go up to the front desk, there's a big ass notebook around there marked vendors. Sign a name (any name) there and take a Vendor Tag and put it on. You now have access to all parts of Walmart previously only heard of in your dreams. Free phone access too, make long distance calls to china for all they care.

(Note- I actually am a vendor and have legal right to sign the book and wear the tag, but no one ever questions who I am or what I am doing while I have the tag on doing my work, which leads me to believe any joe off the street can go in there, put on a tag and do whatever they want)

[quote name='jer0009']I used to work at CC.
Those jerks laid me off 2 years ago.
press 50 on there phones for the intercom
no thanks needed[/quote]

I am really pissed off at GameStop. Walk into the store and yell really loudly to use the "intercom" system. You're welcome.

I actually have nothing against GameStop.

that is a funny auction, why doesn't the kid sue best buy...the female boss should have never gone out with him...the only way he wouldn't win, is if he had a bunch of negatives info on his monthly/quarterly evaluations

I uses to work at best buy and still have my shirts. I went there on Halloween last year wearing one. It was quite amusing to myself. I do not think the people that I helped thought it was funny though. :)

[quote name='igotbass']I uses to work at best buy and still have my shirts. I went there on Halloween last year wearing one. It was quite amusing to myself. I do not think the people that I helped thought it was funny though. :)[/quote]

:rofl: :notworth:

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']Yeah, what's with the 57 months, then member since 2003...[/quote]

He probably meant weeks. I doubt he started there in 8th grade...[/quote]

Well he couldn't mean weeks, or he would not have gotten new shirts at his 2-year anniversary.

1) 57 months does seem like a pretty long time.
2) She ain't a supermodel, but she is clearly out of his league in the looks department.
3) Would BB really allow a HS senior to be "Acting Regional Manager"?
4) Someone should find her phone number (we have her name), and tell her on the phone "Hey, you don't look too bad, and I hear you are really easy once you get a few drinks in you..." and see where it takes you.
5) How does firing one from BestBuy equate to ruining one's life?
6) He should have just gone with a wrongful termination suit.
7) 51644 views so far.
8) Do you suppose her posture is really that bad, or is she just trying to get into frame?

[quote name='igotbass']I uses to work at best buy and still have my shirts. I went there on Halloween last year wearing one. It was quite amusing to myself. I do not think the people that I helped thought it was funny though. :)[/quote]

Well, did you help them, or did you "help" them. If you actually helped them, then you weren't really being true to the costume. I wouldn't expect customers to find it funny that someone wearing a Best Buy uniform was helping them, I'd expect them to find it surprising. JK. I had a pretty good time at BB last night, actually, picking up a $65 23" TV.

[quote name='jer0009']I used to work at CC.
Those jerks laid me off 2 years ago.
press 50 on there phones for the intercom
no thanks needed[/quote]

Same here.

i would imagine an enterprising individual might purchase said uniform and through equal measures of persuason, guile and flatout gumption wrangle an employee discount.

some john's clothes certainly arent worth $.50 let alone $50

How exactly does this allow him to get "even" with Best Buy? Sorry folks, but I don't really see the humor or the point of selling that shit!

I think all that information in the auction is made up. The items are probably from a BB employee, but if you look at the auction the site meTeen.com is plastered everywhere (even the auction's location). guessed's point #3 (3) Would BB really allow a HS senior to be "Acting Regional Manager"?) also lends to this being fake. I worked at BB for almost a year and never met any Regional Managers or any "Acting Regional Managers." I think that BB employees and management couldn't fraternize either. BB employess w/ other BB employees can though I think.

I did something similar with my shirts and tags. I gave them to a buddy of mine and he goes into Circuit City and CompUSA wearing them and starts writing down their prices on a pad. He tells them that he needed to compare BB's prices to theirs. He gets kicked out everytime.

I have a few CompUSA shirts, I even have a white manager's shirt. Who wants to go on a cross country trip causing mayhem at all CompUSA stores?

[quote name='guessed']Well he couldn't mean weeks, or he would not have gotten new shirts at his 2-year anniversary.

1) 57 months does seem like a pretty long time.
2) She ain't a supermodel, but she is clearly out of his league in the looks department.
3) Would BB really allow a HS senior to be "Acting Regional Manager"?
4) Someone should find her phone number (we have her name), and tell her on the phone "Hey, you don't look too bad, and I hear you are really easy once you get a few drinks in you..." and see where it takes you.
5) How does firing one from BestBuy equate to ruining one's life?
6) He should have just gone with a wrongful termination suit.
7) 51644 views so far.
8) Do you suppose her posture is really that bad, or is she just trying to get into frame?[/quote]

1) who gives a shit? It's funny!
2) who gives a shit? It's funny!
3) who gives a shit? It's funny!
4) who gives a shit? It's funny!
5) who gives a shit? It's funny!
6) who gives a shit? It's funny!
7) It IS funny!
8) who gives a shit? She's a HIGH-SCHOOL CHICK!!!

bread's done
Back