Former CAG DenisDFat featured in ads for Penny Arcade Adventures

Wet Ninja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
If you were a CAG member between 2003 and 2005, you might remember a poster by the name of DenisDFat. He was notorious for posting short, negative comments about games that did not suit his tastes. For example, his response to a debate about Resident Evil 4 vs. God of War:

[quote name='DenisDFat']both games suck to death[/QUOTE]

He left CAG in April of 2005, but is still around the gaming community, posting his same style of comments on other sites. His comments on Wired's Game|Life blog caught the notice of the marketing department at Penny Arcade, who included his comments in ads for the game:

ddfad.jpg

Source: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/05/penny-arcade-ba.html

I think it's pretty funny that Penny Arcade decided to use his comments in the ads for the game. He must be pretty annoyed by it.

Haha, I do remember him, though wasn't he known for other things. I just don't remember him just for his game comments. Oh wait...I might be confusing him with dragonlordfrodo...or something similar. It's been so long.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']

I think it's pretty funny that Penny Arcade decided to use his comments in the ads for the game. He must be pretty annoyed by it.[/QUOTE]

unless he's getting paid.

LOL noice! I remember the guy for posting the "kicking the magazine rack" story and then finding out that he copied it from a poster in another forum. :lol:

[quote name='TheRock88']I remember the name but dont remember what he posted.[/quote]
Read the quote in the OP. You'll get the gist of his posting style and what he was all about.

I remember he had one post with a hundred some odd game reviews. In each he either wrote 'fun' or 'sucks'.

Edit: Here it is. Not a hundred, only about 45: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4590&highlight=DDF+reviews

1. Yoshi's Island - fun
2. Metroid Prime - sucks
3. Dragon Warrior 3 - fun
4. Viewtiful Joe - fun
5. F-Zero - sucks
6. Cubivore - fun
7. Ocarina of Time - sucks
8. Wind Waker - fun
9. Majora's Mask - eh
10. Bayou Billy - sucks
11. Super mario RPG - meh
12. Rad Racer - sucks
13. Snoopy Silly Sports - fun
14. Secret of Mana - fun
15. mario & Luigi - Fun
16. Mega Man 3 - fun
17. link's Awakening - fun
18. Metal gear - sucks
19. Zombies Ate my Neighbours - fun
20. Link to the Past - Fun
21. Kirby Superstar - fun
22. Splinter Cell - sucks
23. Clash at Demonhead - fun
24. Mario 2 - fun
25. Yo Noid - sucks
26. Mario 3 - fun
27. mario 64 - sucks
28. Tetris - fun
29. Hydlide - sucks
30. Bubble Bobble - fun
31. Crash & the boys Street Challenge - eh
32. Super Castlevania 4 - fun
33. Kabuki Quantum Fighter - fun
34. Street Fighter 2 - fun
35. Mortal Kombat - sucks
36. Chrono Trigger - sucks
37. Sole Kaleburiere - sucks
38. Legend of the Mysical ninja SNEs - fun
39. Shingen the Ruler - sucks
40. Adventure Island 2 - fun
41. Fester's Quest - sucks
42. 1080 - sucks
43. Doom - sucks
44. Mario & Luigi - fun
45. Mega Man X - sucks

He lost my respect due to his Chrono Trigger review.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Was it the guy that had the glitter incident? Either way, I do remember his mannerisms/cockiness.[/quote]

That was Little Jacob (Soodmeg).

DDF was awesome solely because everyone got seriously pissed off when he said something bad about a popular game. He should have never been banned.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Anyone up for powering down some subs?[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha

We need to bring that one back from the grave!!!!!!

Thats awsome. He should power down some subs for subway. Dragonlordfrodo VS Jerrid for an all you can eat sub power down!

Does any one else feel old now? Damn!

This turned into cag the reuion show from 2004. Nice to see everyone still here!

[quote name='DenisDFat']Penny Arcade is unfunny.[/QUOTE]

So do you routinely google your internet forum usernames to see which message boards are talking about you?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He was never banned. He just left.[/quote]
I thought he was temp banned and then never returned (until now).

[quote name='Msut77']Wasn't he the guy who claimed to have a pair of tits and enjoyed them quite throughly?[/QUOTE]

To be fair to DDF, I think you're talking about DragonLordFrodo. Unless DDF also has mantits.

One thing I admire those guys for is that in spite of the dick jokes, they have genuine insight. This marketing is an example of that. It's going to move a lot more games than the typical "93% metacritic" BS. This kind of stuff is the reason that I hit PA.com at least twice a week even though I could take or leave the "funny" in PA.

[quote name='Msut77']Wasn't he the guy who claimed to have a pair of tits and enjoyed them quite throughly?[/quote]

No pics, no proof. :hot:

I remember "King Awesome," fanboys would throw a fit when he said something sucked. Not many understood his humor but he always gave me a chuckle. Hell a few in this thread are still pissed at him :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: Some of you are also confusing DLF with DDF, get your CAG trolls straight ;)

bread's done
Back