Fortune Street (Wii) $5.99, Damnation (PS3) $5.99, Darksiders (PS3) $7.99, more Clearance at Go Hastings

SpidrMnky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to buy Fortune Street but I don't really play my Wii. So instead I am just going to sleep and pretend I did not see this at all.

Wish shipping was a bit lower when buying multiple items (Amazon Prime has me spoiled I guess). I'd pick up a few different titles but before you know it shipping get's pretty expensive on it.

Fortune Street tempting me big-time at that price. Any CAGS have an opinion on it?
If you have enjoyed Monopoly at any point in your life, but wished it had more options/complexity/set goal then Fortune Street is pretty much a must own.

It's basically an advanced version of Monopoly, but the game board has branching paths (and multiple boards) so if someone has a monopoly on some properties you can just avoid them (assuming you don't care about passing go) To pass go you don't actually go around the board but you have to collect 4 suits, you have the ability to steal properties from people (at 5 times their cost if you land on them) you can invest in the properties even if you only own one, there is a stock system where you can buy stock in areas that goes up as the areas get invested in and plenty of other little things that just make this vastly superior to monopoly.

It is for sure not for everyone though, it will take 90-300 minutes to finish a game even with the goals... and if you can't get into board games and what not this likely won't win you over. But hands down if you remotely like monopoly, for this price I would recommend you pick it up.

I only played Fortune Street a few times but I think it was worth the $10 I dropped on it. As long as you play with some friends its pretty fun.

It has nothing on Culdcept though.

I said I wouldn't buy any more games until ps4 so of course I immediately jumped on this. Is it me or has there been a crazy amount of sales lately.

Asmith906, on 08 Sept 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:I said I wouldn't buy any more games until ps4 so of course I immediately jumped on this. Is it me or has there been a crazy amount of sales lately.
Yes, it seems like it. My guess is clearing out warehouse space for holiday shipments now. Especially since they will be carrying 2 extra consoles (assuming they receive stock).

new

Picked up Toy Story Mania for PS3, was trying to get it for Xbox 360 but for $10 and change shipped, I'll take it.

Strange that when you go to their "Specials" page it has "FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLEARANCE ITEMS" listed as one of the ongoing promotions, yet we're not getting free shipping on our clearance items.

GoHastings is run by monkeys.

Considering Fortune Street but I have one question (if anyone knows).  The newest Monopoly game (a few years ago) is a bit slower than the NES/Game Boy one was (which is really disappointing), but is this a slow game when it comes to animations and turns as well?

new

Picked up Toy Story Mania for PS3, was trying to get it for Xbox 360 but for $10 and change shipped, I'll take it.
I would be wary ordering new items with 'limited availability'. I ordered one game which went OOS soon thereafter and they sent me a used one (this has happened twice now on two separate orders). Never had this problem before.

Strange that when you go to their "Specials" page it has "FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLEARANCE ITEMS" listed as one of the ongoing promotions, yet we're not getting free shipping on our clearance items.

GoHastings is run by monkeys.
It says free shipping on items $10 or more, which correctly applies from what I've seen.

I only played Fortune Street a few times but I think it was worth the $10 I dropped on it. As long as you play with some friends its pretty fun.

It has nothing on Culdcept though.
It will be a crime if we never see a new Culdcept on any of the new consoles.

It says free shipping on items $10 or more, which correctly applies from what I've seen.
Ahhh, well good grief. They actually put qualifiers on free shipping on clearance. The item itself has to be more than $10, meaning you can't add two copies of Fortune Street and get free shipping. So you'd have to spend >$20 on ONE BOOK to save 96 cents on shipping. They haven't evolved yet, they're just circling a black-cased server throwing rocks and shouting at it.

I decided to try Fortune Street anyway.  I loved the Monopoly games (and the board game) and the worst case is that I only get a few plays out of it.

Thanks for the info zulux21!

Fortune Street is a bunch of fun. I bought it at NewEgg like 9 months ago when it was around $10.

But you will rage. You will rage. The AI can be some cheap bastardy bastards sometimes.

Fortune Street is a bunch of fun. I bought it at NewEgg like 9 months ago when it was around $10.

But you will rage. You will rage. The AI can be some cheap bastardy bastards sometimes.
Yeah, if you can play with three other people (who are patient enough to sit through a potentially 2-3 hour game), Fortune Street is great for board game lovers, nullifies the cheap AI aspect.

Fortune Street is a steal for $5.99 if you are an economic games nerd. It's pretty much a "dry" version of Monopoly that deals with market fluctuations and manipulation. It's really a fantastic game if your into that sort of thing but unfortunately I just don't think enough people play those games here in the US to really warrant another one for the US market. I just wish there were English translations for some of the other games in the series:(

Were these Wii remotes plus? Because the Wii Play bundle is $13.99.
The remote in Wii Play is of the non-motion variety.

But you really kind of have to sit back and think of how often you really need Wii Motion Plus.

It's worthwhile to have at least one or two WM+ compatible remotes, but if you're buying a third or fourth, it's unlikely that you'll need them to be WM+, depending on what you're playing.

And keep in mind WM+ can be added on later down the road if necessary.

Picked up Fortune Street and Fling Smash.

EDIT: Actually, sales tax kills Fling Smash for me.  Just going with Fortune Street.

Got fortune street, been wanting to play it. Thanks op! Are these new copies of the games? I was hoping anarchy reigns was on ps3 but I picked it up at gamestop for 10. Not too shabby either way.

I took advantage of this sale, but I wanted to provide follow up because my order of three games arrived with one crushed because of the way they packed it and the other two have obviously been sitting in the sun somewhere because the sides have that lovely sun baked tint. I took a chance having never ordered from them before, and I realize I paid clearance prices, but I still don't expect crap to arrive. Not ordering from them again.

I took advantage of this sale, but I wanted to provide follow up because my order of three games arrived with one crushed because of the way they packed it and the other two have obviously been sitting in the sun somewhere because the sides have that lovely sun baked tint. I took a chance having never ordered from them before, and I realize I paid clearance prices, but I still don't expect crap to arrive. Not ordering from them again.
I would definitely contact them back and explain the situation. I've never had any contact with Go Hastings so not sure what to expect. I can say that my Fortune Street copy arrived in Mint Condition, though it was in a small bubble mailer (extremely tight fit compared to normal bubble mailers it seemed).

bread's done
Back