Forum Ranks?

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
If you have been on any other message boards besides CAG, then you may have seen ranks under poster's names. I think they are fun to have and it is kind of cool to see them increase with your post count. :lol: It may just be me that enjoys this, but if the idea goes through there are plenty of names you could come up with for ranks and post levels. Any thoughts?

I agree ranks would be pretty cool. I think it would be cool to see a post count under your name too, but some people may take it too seriously. CAG already gets spammed a lot.

Too much like GameFaqs so I don't like the idea. If we could have tags like NeoGaf, that would be okay. A mod will randomly give you a tag based on something you post that is ridiculous or interesting and you can't do anything to change or modify your tag once you've earned one.

[quote name='shrike4242']Other sites implement this, and it's pretty silly, IMO. We don't need it here.[/quote]

Silly for some, but a bit of a cool extra feature.

I wouldn't mind the post count under the avatar either, but for the spammings sake its fine the way it is.

[quote name='shrike4242']Indeed we do, though they're not good enough for some people, apparently.[/quote]

What is the big deal for asking? I know there are sites that have 20ish ranks. You act like it is a totally bad thing.

So we could have people spam-posting to get some meaningless number to go up? No thanks. It would be almost as bad as those worthless Gamerscore points.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Against. I do kind of wish we had the CAG arcade badges back though.[/quote]
Oh my... I just noticed they're gone.:cry:

I like the way the system is now. Forum that base the "rank" on forums just lead to a lot of people spamming random nonsense. I like how eventually everybody can put in their own custom rank so everybody has a different one for the most part.

[quote name='Cravin_Taco_Bell']Can I have a custom title yet? or I am missing something... have 50+ posts....[/quote]You should be able to edit it in your UserCP under "Edit your Details".

bread's done
Back