Forums Upgrade Complete - Outstanding Issues in OP

i am not sure if this is linked together, but I know how some threads arent appearing on the front page, but also, it only shows the thread creator's name. I like to check threads when new people post, so I am guessing this was in the works to change it, but if not I am letting you know.

Also it would be cool if there could be an indicator when someone quotes you in their reply, so you can reply back. Other than that I enjoy the speed of the new forums and keep up the good work.

Anyone else having problems this morning?

Frequently when I try to view a thread, I'll get a "Cannot find this page" the instant I click on it. This will last for a couple minutes, and affect all threads.

Edit: Also strangely, it doesn't seem to affect the loading of the main forum page and subscribed threads.

[quote name='evilmax17']Anyone else having problems this morning?

Frequently when I try to view a thread, I'll get a "Cannot find this page" the instant I click on it. This will last for a couple minutes, and affect all threads.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, been having similar problems the last half hour or so.

Frequently when I try to view a thread, I'll get a "Cannot find this page" the instant I click on it. This will last for a couple minutes, and affect all threads.[/quote]
Ditto here.

Going to last post or making a post has a blank screen coming up. Methinks it might be time to boot Apache.

May or may not be directly related, but IE has been hogging up my system this morning, like 99% of my CPU. And on a dual-Xeon 2.8 GHz, that's an odd occurrence. Seemed to happen when repeatedly trying to refresh CAG when it didn't want to cooperate.

For message editor interface I use full WYSIWYG. I notice that when you edit a message now, it is no longer WYSIWYG. Is that something that can be fixed?

Frequently when I try to view a thread, I'll get a "Cannot find this page" the instant I click on it. This will last for a couple minutes, and affect all threads.

Edit: Also strangely, it doesn't seem to affect the loading of the main forum page and subscribed threads.[/QUOTE]
It's been happening for a while now, and it just happened a couple of times a few minutes ago.

The above mentioned problems are an ongoing issue that we had before the forums upgrade. I'm trying to get it sorted out.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']For message editor interface I use full WYSIWYG. I notice that when you edit a message now, it is no longer WYSIWYG. Is that something that can be fixed?[/quote]fixed

[quote name='CheapyD']The above mentioned problems are an ongoing issue that we had before the forums upgrade. I'm trying to get it sorted out.

fixed[/quote]

Excellent! :cool:

[quote name='Rig']Maybe I'm just blind, and I technically am, but where can I/how can I edit a thread title now?[/quote]
Either go into the advanced edit mode or just double click to the right of the thread title in the main listing of threads.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm glad the arcade is back, but what's with the new high score message?

"achieved in the game __________ the best score of all times" :lol:[/quote]
Yeah, I guess English wasn't the programmer's first language.
I fixed a lot of the bad English and am now pleased to announce the CAG Arcade is officially reopened!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/arcade.php?

EDIT: max, you are evil! ;)

[quote name='neocisco']Will "Latest From the Forums" on the front page go back to updating w/each new post and total post count? Please?[/quote]
Yes.

Edit: Also strangely, it doesn't seem to affect the loading of the main forum page and subscribed threads.[/quote]We made some changes late tonight.
Lemme know if this problem pops up again.
Thanks. Also, are all you guys using Firefox?

[quote name='mentos888']cheapyd, what do i do when a person's inbox is full? i can't seem to contact them any other way. thanks.[/quote] Umm...yell real loud? Check their profile for other methods of contact? Lemme know and I can email them?

[quote name='CheapyD']We made some changes late tonight.
Thanks. Also, are all you guys using Firefox?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Firefox always seems to have more problems when that sort of issue comes up than IE.

Edit: And as I post that, I'm reminded of another sporadic issue - occasionally when I post, it goes to a blank page, but has already posted (if I reload, it will tell me I can't post again).

Not sure if this is a user-related thing or the site, but I just went to edit a post with line breaks and it kept showing it as one big long paragraph. I'm using Firefox on a PowerBook. Went back on Safari and the Edit function worked properly there (no new window, just the "pop-up" thing to edit in the same window of the thread. (There should be a line break at this line--just testing it out.) Seeing if I can replicate it. (Edit: Putting in another line break here in my message window.) Nope, even after the edit it still doesn't put in the line breaks and mushes it all up into one big paragraph. I'm just guessing this is on my end, but just in case.... Thanks.

I've been having some weird issues, I've noticed moreso since the update.

I will sometimes go to quote or reply to someone, and end up not being able to type in any text. I've found that reloading the page a few times tends to help, but its been happening a lot more frequent lately.

I am using FireFox, updated it fairly recently (not exactly sure on the version). Thanks in advance Cheapy.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I've been having some weird issues, I've noticed moreso since the update.

I will sometimes go to quote or reply to someone, and end up not being able to type in any text. I've found that reloading the page a few times tends to help, but its been happening a lot more frequent lately.

I am using FireFox, updated it fairly recently (not exactly sure on the version). Thanks in advance Cheapy.[/quote]
Do you get the black cursor when you click in the text field? I get that at times, too.

Thanks for the suggestion Cheapy. I'll try that tomorrow.

I am having a problem which occurs about 70% of the time I click on pages in the forum. I'll click on a thread, the page will load, and then immediately the page will load a second time. This make it very difficult for me to use the search function as it will do the search, then reload the page and give me the "wait 15 seconds to do a search" error.

I am currently using Opera.

Give this a shot...
Log out of the forums (use the link at the bottom of the forums) and then log back in and check off the "Remember Me" checkbox.

When I click the "Go to last post" arrow, it goes to a blank page. After the first one, none of the arrows on the forum page work until I go to another page. Clicking the thread title or any other link seems to work. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to notice it. Happens in Firefox and IE . I just started seeing it today.

edit #1 Same thing happens in Opera as well.
edit #2 Seeing this after I post to a thread. When I click Submit Post, it takes me to a blank page, but the post still goes through okay.

Can we remove the REQUIRED url for trader feedback? I had to try 4-5 urls to different topics until it finally worked. Are there requirements I'm not aware of?

Could it be optional again?

/hope this hasn't been suggested recently

[quote name='Strell']Can we remove the REQUIRED url for trader feedback? I had to try 4-5 urls to different topics until it finally worked. Are there requirements I'm not aware of?

/hope this hasn't been suggested recently[/quote]

I agree. It's giving me headaches too.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php(4367) : eval()'d code on line 11

*snip* too big!

EDIT: Woah. What the fuck is going on with my post?!? :shock:

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah..we are working on something...don't worry about that.[/quote]

Okay, thanks.

Is there any possible chance the acronyms could be hovered over for context again? (We haven't had that in a long time...since the last major site update?) It was a very nice feature, especially for newer users.

[quote name='Strell']Can we remove the REQUIRED url for trader feedback? I had to try 4-5 urls to different topics until it finally worked. Are there requirements I'm not aware of?

/hope this hasn't been suggested recently[/quote]
We're going to make it required for only you, Strell. ;)

Seriously, we've been hashing around the options inside of iTrader, and that's one of them.

[quote name='shrike4242']We're going to make it required for only you, Strell. ;)
[/QUOTE]

AH HAH. PROOF OF YOUR INSIDEOUS PLAN TO KEEP MY TRADE RATING LOWER THAN YOURS.

I'm onto your little schemes, Shrike.

Look out everyone! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

I TOLD YOU ALL THIS MONTHS AGO, YOU KNOW. BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!

WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME??!??

Edit: Fixed.

[quote name='Strell']AH HAH. PROOF OF YOUR INSIDEOUS PLAN TO KEEP MY TRADE RATING LOWER THAN YOURS.

I'm onto your little schemes, Shrike.

Look out everyone! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

I TOLD YOU ALL THIS MONTHS AGO, YOU KNOW. BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!

WHY DID YOU BELIEVE ME??!??
[/QUOTE]
I think I'll take the indifferent route since you don't know what you want people to do.

I'm having trouble every now and then in Safari. I will make a post and it will say can't open page. Then I will reload and my post went through.

[quote name='CheapyD']We made some changes late tonight.
Thanks. Also, are all you guys using Firefox?[/QUOTE]
This problem seems to be popping up again, as my last few posts have been hit with a "cannot find this page" page coming up after submitting, but hitting back shows that it's been submitted.

Also, any chance of getting the imageshack quick upload back after losing it during the switch to VB?

[quote name='DT778']ads are blocking the links in the front page
[/quote]I will fix that. Its happening because there are supposed to be forum threads which move the ad block further down the page.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This problem seems to be popping up again, as my last few posts have been hit with a "cannot find this page" page coming up after submitting, but hitting back shows that it's been submitted.

Also, any chance of getting the imageshack quick upload back after losing it during the switch to VB?[/quote]
Ok, this time, for real, I think we got it licked.
We made another change on Saturday night.
Please lemme know here if the problem pops up again.

I will look into the imageshack thing...

Okay, this may be an issue I have with Google, but I find the site response slow when google is loading their stupid ads. Further, My hard dive starts running like crazy. And I know it's specifically the google ads becasue while I'm waiting, at the bottom of my browster, the http ref is to the google ads server.

Also, I don't understand that if google is running ads on the site, and yeah it may take awhile to load, why is my hard drive getting accessed almost constantly. I can go from page to page and my hard drive get accessed. I expect some hard drive access, but I'mt elling you, it's rediculous with CAG. And it's gotten worse recently.

[quote name='neocisco']Do my eyes deceive me? Are the current topics on the front page again updating w/each new post? If so, thanks![/QUOTE]

looks like it............good.

bread's done
Back