Forza 2 hitting the track in May

Walt Jay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
174 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/26/forza-2-hitting-the-track-in-may/

In a brief and somewhat enthusiastic e-mail, Microsoft has today announced that Forza Motorsport 2 is expected to come roaring out of the development pits in May, straight into the open arms of driving enthusiasts. It could get messy, but getting down to the nitty-gritty and tweaking speeding hunks of metal until they reach peak performance is what the game is all about.

Official site:
http://forzamotorsport.net/

Man I thought they had this as a Feb release date since they didn'tmake there X Mas Deadline. Kind of a bummer but O well, Forza 2 will be a great game.

Those in-the-know, what racing game do you prefer? Project Gotham or Forza (or another sim racing game)? I tend to favor the 'fake' racing games, i.e. Burnout, but I was thinking of trying out Forza when the time comes.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Those in-the-know, what racing game do you prefer? Project Gotham or Forza (or another sim racing game)? I tend to favor the 'fake' racing games, i.e. Burnout, but I was thinking of trying out Forza when the time comes.[/quote]

You might want to wait for a demo then. I'm in the same boat, I'm all about the arcade racers vs the simulators. I played the demo back on the XBOX day's and it just wansn't for me. I'll try out the sequel if I get a chance but I doubt it will be a game for me to pick up.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Those in-the-know, what racing game do you prefer? Project Gotham or Forza (or another sim racing game)? I tend to favor the 'fake' racing games, i.e. Burnout, but I was thinking of trying out Forza when the time comes.[/QUOTE]

I really wasn't impressed by the first Forza for some reason. I enjoyed PGR2, GT4, RSC2 much more.

I'm hoping the second one is a big improvement. Also because I'm not buying a PS3.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Those in-the-know, what racing game do you prefer? Project Gotham or Forza (or another sim racing game)? I tend to favor the 'fake' racing games, i.e. Burnout, but I was thinking of trying out Forza when the time comes.[/quote]I rarely turn down a big name racing game (of any style), because it is my favorite genre and the one that I'm best at. My ranking of the racers (at least concerning the 360) are Burnout: Revenge, MotoGP '06, Project Gotham Racing 3, Test Drive: Unlimited, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Need for Speed: Carbon, Full Auto, Ridge Racer 6, Pocketbike Racer, Import Tuner Challenge - in that order.

I was really good at Forza back on the Xbox, but it just didn't keep my interest as long as other racing games have. I've always been a Burnout guy, myself, but I will give Forza 2 a try when it hits shelves. Day 1 pickup? Probably. I know there will be a lot of people playing it and it will be the hot game for the week. I just hope it's still fun weeks down the line, unlike it's predecessor.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Those in-the-know, what racing game do you prefer? Project Gotham or Forza (or another sim racing game)? I tend to favor the 'fake' racing games, i.e. Burnout, but I was thinking of trying out Forza when the time comes.[/QUOTE]

I prefer sim racing games vs arcade only by a bit. I was a big ass Gran Turismo Fan until I played Forza. You can spend all day Customizing your ride either doign decals or just calibrating the gears if you wish.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I rarely turn down a big name racing game (of any style), because it is my favorite genre and the one that I'm best at. My ranking of the racers (at least concerning the 360) are Burnout: Revenge, MotoGP '06, Project Gotham Racing 3, Test Drive: Unlimited, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Need for Speed: Carbon, Full Auto, Ridge Racer 6, Pocketbike Racer, Import Tuner Challenge - in that order.

I was really good at Forza back on the Xbox, but it just didn't keep my interest as long as other racing games have. I've always been a Burnout guy, myself, but I will give Forza 2 a try when it hits shelves. Day 1 pickup? Probably. I know there will be a lot of people playing it and it will be the hot game for the week. I just hope it's still fun weeks down the line, unlike it's predecessor.[/QUOTE]

I can name a bunch of people from our friends list that will pick this up day 1 also:

JimmieMac
Zewone
Trakan
Murc77
Myself
You

Thats the six we need right there ;)

[quote name='pimpinc333']I can name a bunch of people from our friends list that will pick this up day 1 also:

JimmieMac
Zewone
Trakan
Murc77
Myself
You

Thats the six we need right there ;)[/quote]Then those are 5 people who will be left behind when I hit the track (waaaay behind).:lol:

[quote name='pimpinc333']I can name a bunch of people from our friends list that will pick this up day 1 also:

JimmieMac
Zewone
Trakan
Murc77
Myself
You

Thats the six we need right there ;)[/QUOTE]

*coughMEcough*

;)

I forgot college will be over when this comes out. I will be able to dump a lot of time into it now.

[quote name='seanr1221']Nice, I played Forza on xbox for many many hours.

There is a steady stream of games coming out for wii60 owners :)[/quote]I played Forza so much, I unlocked every single car in the game. 100% masterization!

I'm looking forward to this game. The first one broke my original xbox though. I got to like a level 47 and my xbox stopped working during a race so I sent it in and it came back with an erased hard drive. I haven't bothered playing it since then.

I may rent the original Forza just to check it out. For those that do have complaints about Forza, what are the main issues? From what I've read, it doesn't have as many tracks as other sim games.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Then those are 5 people who will be left behind when I hit the track (waaaay behind).:lol:[/QUOTE]

I dunno. The onyl person who really could beat me in Forza was Crymson. I think Me vs You we were 50/50 ;)

I can't f-ing wait for this one.

Also, the MS wheel is on sale at fry's this weekend for $129...time to pricematch to my CC and burn a 40-off-199. :)

bread's done
Back