Forza 3 EB/GS Exclusive Limited Edition (pre-order) - VIP Membership RUMOR

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This is going to retail for $80. LINK

The exclusive features include:

The Forza 3 GameStop Exclusive Limited Edition comes with:
  • Forza Motorsport 2GB USB Storage and keychain: Show off your Forza pride with these specially branded items.
  • Forza Motorsport VIP Membership* and Exclusive Car Pack*: Want to be a top painter, tuner, driver or just more active in the community? VIP membership is the way to get yourself noticed. Includes special treatment within the online Auction House, Community Storefront and on the Forzamotorsport.net forums. Also includes 5 of the hottest cars from the roster of Forza Motorsport 3, available only through your VIP membership.
  • Exclusive Collector’s Edition Car Pack*: This one is for the fans. This pack includes 5 cars that have been hand tuned and hand painted by the developers at Turn 10 to fly the Forza Motorsport colors.
  • Exclusive Forza Motorsport 3 Theme:* Customize your Dashboard experience with this limited availability Xbox 360 theme.
here is a RUMORED LEAK from a survey
30iajbo.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
80 bucks when they game is going to be 10 bucks within 3-5 months is alot. Still kinda cool though.

Hrmm... The thing that bugs me is that everyone who waited for the cheap Forza 2 platinum or whatever it was, they got all the special editions included. I bought Forza 2 when it was around $40. It was too late to use the codes for the special editions, so I paid more than the Platinum version, and got cheated out of the special cars. YAY!

So I'm thinking the same kind of thing will happen here. And like s2k says, Forza 3 will drop substantially in price.

[quote name='s2k']80 bucks when they game is going to be 10 bucks within 3-5 months is alot. Still kinda cool though.[/QUOTE]
come on now....you are talking about one of the best racing games ever !!

[quote name='zizo79']come on now....you are talking about one of the best racing games ever !![/QUOTE]

This

but come on op how is this a deal, Gamestop has had this on their site since last monday

[quote name='BULL_Ship']This

but come on op how is this a deal, Gamestop has had this on their site since last monday[/QUOTE]

since it's an exclusive bundle it's worth the extra attention for the fans/collectors/ebayers and i didn't already see it posted

I had given up on racing sims long ago but ended up getting Forza 2 at a TRU sale for less than $10. I'm very glad that I did since it is one of the most fun games I own...

[quote name='s2k']80 bucks when they game is going to be 10 bucks within 3-5 months is alot. Still kinda cool though.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that Forza 3 is going to cost a mere $10 within three months after release. I would never pay $80 for this Special Edition though, but I will get the game sometime down the line.

I didn't know this was up at Gamestop and I've been looking around for an LE version of the game. Thanks OP!

n/m just saw it will be charged when shipment is processed.

[quote name='Rozz']I really doubt that Forza 3 is going to cost a mere $10 within three months after release. I would never pay $80 for this Special Edition though, but I will get the game sometime down the line.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I doubt that too. Forza 2 didn't drop that much that fast, I don't think the third one will either. Forza 3 will be a day one purchase for me anyway, so even if it does, I still will have gotten my moneys worth out of it by then.

Forza is probably the best racing franchise around right now. And this collectors edition has tons of exclusive content, exactly what I like in CE's.

Exclusive Forza Motorsport 3 Theme:* Customize your Dashboard experience with this limited availability Xbox 360 theme.

Honestly, every game you buy should give you the premium theme for free. It's lame that you have to pay for the theme ON TOP of the game :(

[quote name='Blumpkin']Forza is probably the best racing franchise around right now. And this collectors edition has tons of exclusive content, exactly what I like in CE's.[/QUOTE]

It's also only $20 more than the regular edition which is nice for a change. I really don't know how many more $100 or $120 "limited editions" I can tolerate.

Forza 3 is definitely NOT going to be $10 in 3-5 months. Forza 2 is still $20 and it has been out for over 2 years. Idiotic comment unless you're just a bitter PS3 fanboy waiting for your GT5 to come out within the next half decade, then you're just a fanboy troll.

I see you have Bullshititus. The cure for this is to take a loaded gun and point it towards your fucking face while gently pulling on the trigger. I'm afraid thats the only solution unfortunately and you also have Lupus.

i just updated the OP with RUMORED leak from some kind of survey. i don't claim it to be true. but if it's true, it would seem that the LE would pay for itself

[quote name='dualedge2']Honestly, every game you buy should give you the premium theme for free. It's lame that you have to pay for the theme ON TOP of the game :([/QUOTE]
Agreed. The majority of themes and gamerpics should be free as a way to promote the corresponding game. I can understand trying to make some easy money, but the supreme goal is for the game to sell as many copies at full price as possible, something free themes and gamerpics do better than paid ones. They're just used as companions to the main game, at the moment.

Bwahahahahahahhahahahhahaa! $80...?!? riiiiiiiiiight. You can keep that $80 G$.

Also, Turn 10 if you plan on making "long term" claims you might actually want to keep them instead of shafting the consumer...

The ONLY reason Forza 2 tanked in price is because it was included with 360's a while back. Had it not been, it wouldn't be available for so cheap everywhere.

If the VIP means that all future DLC is free, then I will definitely buy the LE. Considering how many hours I've put into Forza 2, either version would be a good deal for a car person such as myself.

[quote name='Danil ACE']If the VIP means that all future DLC is free, then I will definitely buy the LE. Considering how many hours I've put into Forza 2, either version would be a good deal for a car person such as myself.[/QUOTE]

That's a big 'If'. I'm with you, though-I bought all the Forza2 DLC when it was released and don't regret it a bit. I might pre-order just to guarantee a spot knowing I can change it to the regular octane edition later.

Lets see now...

sooo.... for $20 you get...

a 2gb usb stick with a FM3 logo? uh... no thanks. I got a 64gb usb and if I wanted/liked that much I'll paste a FM3 logo on it...

5 specially tuned cars by these idiots? uh... I'll tune them myself. It's cool

VIP membership for Auction House? If the auction house is still as retarded as in FM2 it won't make a damn bit of difference.

If VIP means you get all the DLC free... erm for $20 well... I got 4000 pts for $30 so I'm good thanks.

bread's done
Back