Forza 3 + RROD: Am I hosed?

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I think my 360 has RROD. The repair/replacement process will be annoying but whatever. A bigger concern is my Forza 3 savegame. I have all the achievements except one, which I am still working on (the solid gold one). It has taken me a really, really long time to get this far. Those of you who played Forza know what I mean.

I had read there are issues with moving the Forza 3 save file around without using a transfer kit but can't tell for sure what the cause of the problem(s) are.

I'm wondering, if I get my 360 replaced will I have issues with my Forza 3 savegame? Does MS repair consoles or do they just replace them with refurbed units. Because if they replace it I'll be trying to use my savegame on a new console except with the old HD but not have things transferred with the transfer kit? I am worried that it won't let me use my save file.

Ruahrc

why do you need a transfer kit on another xbox. transfer kits are for transferring from hard drive to another hard drive

Well I'm saying that people who have tried to use their save on a different xbox or hard disk have had trouble if they just move it to a memory card/USB drive and onto a new console or hard disk. You have to use the transfer kit to get it to work. In my case, there is a possibility I will get a "new" xbox and also try to use my save game without having used a transfer kit.

You will keep your hard drive and just send in the main unit if I am not mistaken so your save doesn't need to be transferred but you could back it up to a flash drive just in case

Last edited by a moderator:
When you send in the Xbox, keep the hard drive. If you get back a different one, put the new hard drive on it and it should act just like the old one did. That way you don't have to transfer any of your saves or anything.

If you get a new Xbox, you'll want to do license migration so all your old XBLA games/DLC work without you having to log in, though. Do that here (assuming you're in the US, sorry if you aren't, Google it):

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

Important note: Make sure you write down your old Xbox's serial number somewhere so you can fill out the license migration form later. You can probably still look it up on the Xbox support site somewhere, but it's just easier to write it down now while you still have it.

bread's done
Back