Forza 3 Ultimate Collection (Platinum Hits) finally for sale! $29.99 FSSS/Prime

Smef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Turn 10 released an update to Forza 3 which includes all of the DLC and some new Top Gear stuff in it. This was a soft release last month, which means that its only being stocked when a store sells out of regular Forza 3. The end result of this is that everyone wants the new one, so the old one isn't selling, and so the new one isn't landing in stores anywhere.

Amazon, however, got the stuff together and has decided to sell the new Forza 3 Ultimate Collection independently, while other stores still don't even know about it! This has been very, very hard to find, so I'm glad that Amazon finally has it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046CC4R0

I don't have it yet (coming friday) but this version is supposed to include ALL DLC (cars and tracks) that has been released so far, plus the Stig's Garage Pack (new DLC) and a few cars that will not be available as DLC and are exclusive to this version.

It looks like the Stig's Garage pack and Top Gear videos are DLC Codes, while the other DLC Packs are on the disc, including the exclusive new cars and tracks for the UC only.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Motorsport_3_Ultimate_Collection/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to know this exists but at MSRP I feel its a bit too much. Also I'm sure gamestop is going to discount the used version since its being included in a xbox bundle for the 2nd time. I expect used copies to go for cheap soon since there are sure to be a flood of double packs turned into GS.

I also expect GS to make no difference in the vanilla version and the PH version. So now the hard part is finding a PH version used for cheap.

I sold my regular version months ago and got about $28. I didn't come close to finishing it. Should I get this now or wait tell Black Friday.

I'm confused why don't they just reduce the original Forza 3 to like $10 or $20? Make all the extras in Ultimate Collection set at a reasonable price like $5-10 on the marketplace for those who want it later or who already have Forza 3.

[quote name='beerme']How much is it to get all the dlc separately?[/QUOTE]

That's what I want to know as well. They should just make the DLC price no higher than the Disc version.

Also, is the DLC a download code, or included on disc. If it's a download code then finding a used copy at Gamestop isn't going to help.

Damn! I have been waiting for this and finally was going to go tonight and use my KMART coupon for this. What to do... What to do... Thanks OP!

[quote name='crunchewy']Also, is the DLC a download code, or included on disc. If it's a download code then finding a used copy at Gamestop isn't going to help.[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure, on the cover it looks like it says, "Xbox Live Top Gear Token Card." I know when I sold my regular version it had the 2 discs but I had used some kind of code also.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Does the Platinum Version include ALL those 400MS Car Packs?[/QUOTE]

I don't have it yet (coming friday) but this version is supposed to include ALL DLC (cars and tracks) that has been released so far, plus the Stig's Garage Pack (new DLC) and a few cars that will not be available as DLC and are exclusive to this version.

Amazon is taking in the standard edition of Forza for $14, so you can get everything included in the Platinum version for $16 bucks.

Just depends on how much all that DLC is worth.

[quote name='Smef']I don't have it yet (coming friday) but this version is supposed to include ALL DLC (cars and tracks) that has been released so far, plus the Stig's Garage Pack (new DLC) and a few cars that will not be available as DLC and are exclusive to this version.[/QUOTE]
Son of a -----

Sucks for guys like me who got this game originally on release date.

[quote name='crunchewy']Also, is the DLC a download code, or included on disc. If it's a download code then finding a used copy at Gamestop isn't going to help.[/QUOTE]
The original version already had 2 discs so I don't think they will pack in a 3rd disc. It's safe to say all the extras are just a code to download.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Son of a -----

Sucks for guys like me who got this game originally on release date.[/QUOTE]

You didn't enjoy it a full year ago?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Son of a -----

Sucks for guys like me who got this game originally on release date.[/QUOTE]

I bought it on the release date as well. Just started playing it last night though.

Hell, I'll probably never even miss all the DLC that is added.

Target has been selling this game on their website for a while now. I'm not sure about in store though.. but they will probably get it in store soon.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']The original version already had 2 discs so I don't think they will pack in a 3rd disc. It's safe to say all the extras are just a code to download.

You didn't enjoy it a full year ago?[/QUOTE]
I got mine around release date as well. And as much as I enjoyed playing it for almost a good 6-7 months, I still wish Microsoft would at least release those "exclusive" bonus as DLC's.

It sucks when other people like myself who paid more for the game, gets shafted by not having the bonuses that comes with the cheaper game.

At least by making it available as DLC's, we too have that option... even if it means having to pay some more $.

P.S.

If anyone can confirm that the extra Bonus Content from the Platinum version comes in a downloadable code card (as oppose to it being pre-loaded into the Disc), there's a good chance those Bonus Content can make it's way to the Marketplace as DLC's.

I just got this today so I figured I would clarify things for people. What is included is every piece of DLC excluding the VIP car pack and limited edition downloads. All of the DLC that is on Xbox Live is included on the second disc. There is a voucher to download a Top Gear theme, a Top Gear video, and the Stig's garage which includes 4 additional cars. Hope this helps.

So does the DLC install with the second disc? If so, would we be able to play with a vanilla play disc still?

I was hoping this would be out in time for the B2G1, since I did 3 ~$30 games. I've been waiting for this, now to wait until Amazon puts it on sale for even cheaper.

If most of the DLC is on the 2nd disk and can be installed then I expect a CEG trade train to start in about 5 seconds.

Someone on the GameFAQS board for the game mentioned a DLC code for the "Stigs(?) Pack"; the install disc supposedly runs 3.4GB

I just got this for fuckin' FREE.

Had $20 surprise credit from Black Ops, and $100 in Amazon gift cards from textbooks that I didn't pay for.

Also got some Sennheiser HD555's.. for 23 bucks, normally 170. =]

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I just got this for fuckin' FREE.

Had $20 surprise credit from Black Ops, and $100 in Amazon gift cards from textbooks that I didn't pay for.

Also got some Sennheiser HD555's.. for 23 bucks, normally 170. =][/QUOTE]

SWEET! I got a new STI for almost free, too! I traded in my BMW for it!!! AWESOME!

I am tempted to buy this but i rarely played this game online with the limited edt or whatever i bought with 2 discs. I bought about 3-4 dlc as well.

Did they make online races more fun? I like racing non F1 cars with my designs but everyone and there mom would pick the fastest cars in the game and i can never race with cars i love to race with. I wish people would do a stockcar race.

[quote name='KingDox']If most of the DLC is on the 2nd disk and can be installed then I expect a CEG trade train to start in about 5 seconds.[/QUOTE]

If that is the case then sign me up. I just bought the regular version of this when they had those CE sales on sears.com. I really wouldn't want to have to sell mine and re-buy this just to get the DLC.

Well this is a good deal for those who don't already own Forza 3.
The DLC alone is gonna cost you $65. I just can't shake this feeling though that this is a huge kick in the nuts to the dedicated Forza Fans who have bought everything and paid $120+ for it all. Hopefully they will throw a bone and wrap up all the current DLC into a $20 pack on XBL

[quote name='liberaltugboat']Well this is a good deal for those who don't already own Forza 3.
The DLC alone is gonna cost you $65. I just can't shake this feeling though that this is a huge kick in the nuts to the dedicated Forza Fans who have bought everything and paid $120+ for it all. Hopefully they will throw a bone and wrap up all the current DLC into a $20 pack on XBL[/QUOTE]

Yep, a lot of people were pissed on the official forums. :p

[quote name='liberaltugboat']Well this is a good deal for those who don't already own Forza 3.
The DLC alone is gonna cost you $65. I just can't shake this feeling though that this is a huge kick in the nuts to the dedicated Forza Fans who have bought everything and paid $120+ for it all. Hopefully they will throw a bone and wrap up all the current DLC into a $20 pack on XBL[/QUOTE]
This is just a way to sell more copies of the game. Those of us who don't have the game have waited a long time to play it so I think it's a fair trade. It's like getting MW2 right now when Black Ops just came out. Sure it's a LOT cheaper than when the rest of us bought it, but you didn't get to play it back when it was the hottest thing.

[quote name='IronZombie']This is just a way to sell more copies of the game. Those of us who don't have the game have waited a long time to play it so I think it's a fair trade. It's like getting MW2 right now when Black Ops just came out. Sure it's a LOT cheaper than when the rest of us bought it, but you didn't get to play it back when it was the hottest thing.[/QUOTE]

It would be more like if you could buy MW2 right now for $30 bucks and you got all the DLC plus extras and Black Ops was not coming out...
but ya, kinda the same

Waiting to apply my $20 credit from NFS HP towards this or GT5, whichever comes first. Does it also include VIP access?

[quote name='husyk']Waiting to apply my $20 credit from NFS HP towards this or GT5, whichever comes first. Does it also include VIP access?[/QUOTE]
Yes

Maybe someone who has it now can answer this question. Can you install all the new content on disc 2 and then still run the game using the old (original non platinum disc) in the tray as copy protection? I ask this because I have 3 xboxes set up for triple screen play. I have not downloaded any content online, but I was waiting this last year for this compilation to come out. I'd like to get this and install it on all 3 consoles, but I definitely don't want to buy 3 copies of it (as I did buy 3 with the original). I can handle buying one copy, but 3, that's getting a bit much for me. Thanks for checking this out to anyone who has the original version and this new compilation pack.

I would think it would work. This is from past experiences with fallout 3 dlc discs and other dlc discs that had them like that. I know some people rent some just to get the extra dlc to. So i would think it would be the same with this.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']It would be more like if you could buy MW2 right now for $30 bucks and you got all the DLC plus extras and Black Ops was not coming out...
but ya, kinda the same[/QUOTE]
Haha true.. I didn't think of that last part. But yeah I mean the most expensive commodity usually is time.. When did Forza 3 first come out? I've always wanted to get this game but other games kind of overshadowed it for me so I never bought it. I probably wouldn't have bought it in the near future unless it was like 10$, so having all the DLC in there makes it very intriguing. I guess that's what they're going for, trying to sell more copies to those of us who kind of want it but aren't sure.

Oh and if you don't have the DLC but have the regular game, I would try to trade it in/sell it as fast as possible if you want this one. I don't think this game is in stores yet just selling online, so it may be a good idea to sell the old version before this one hits stores so you get a bit more out of it.

has anyone seen this at best buy? their website only shows the regular edition, if this was already soft launched, it should be at B&M stores by now right??

[quote name='token2k6']has anyone seen this at best buy? their website only shows the regular edition, if this was already soft launched, it should be at B&M stores by now right??[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's out in stores yet. Probably as the other guy said, around mid November. Some places (Target, Amazon) are selling it online though.

bread's done
Back