Forza 4 vs Forza Horizon

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I am looking for some racing fun. Which one of these is best? I can't decide which one I want.  Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

I would choose Horizon over 4 as it's more fun for most people unless you're a super hardcore sim guy.

Also beware most of the Forza 4 used copies out there are the Essential Edition from the 2012 Holiday system bundles that are only 1 disc and missing a bunch of cars and tracks you would have to buy seperately.

Like the other games before it Forza 4 is very good fun but eventually becomes a drag to play. While I don't have Horizon it definitely looks more fun > 4.

Horizon is open world. I figured Colorado would be a shitty place to set a racing game, but they did a great job making the different regions varied.

I got it for $15 last Black Friday. It feels like Forza but isn't, but I was never much into Forza anyway.

The only annoying thing about the game is that DLC and microtransactions are always being thrown at you, but the game itself has enough content not to feel like they bilked you out of cars.

I have both and have put hundreds of hours into Forza 4. Maybe 15 hours tops into Horizon; the physics just aren't right and the open world is nowhere near as good as Test Drive Unlimited.

I have a TON of fun driving around in Horizon with my racing wheel(wheel $11.98 Target clearance)!!!!! At first, I was pissed because of the 'Better with Kinect' thing and it has no 'real' Kinect features, like Forza 4 does, other than voice. Got the wheel and it changed my mind! Good music! That game is HUGE! It counts the number of roads you drive, too. It has over 200. 

Just got the Game Of The Year version of Forza 4 from Best Buy for $20. Haven't tried it, yet.

From the vids, Forza 4 if you want to race, Horizon if you want to drive around, freely, and go weeeeeeee!!!!!!!! I swear I get lost in that game.....mentally and literally!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back