Forza!

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I love that stars and stripes car dude...seems like the Corvette was the perfect choice for it too. Thumbs up.[/quote]

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Supa, as for my design, yea I wasn't too sure about the rings either, but I was just kinda establishing a general motif. I'll probably get rid of them whenever I decide on how I'll add to the other parts of the car. Probably have "CAG" going the other way on the wing...and maybe a dollar sign on the hood. I also have to ass the "amber" color somewhere along the way. But it has potential. As to why I chose the NSX...well, I haven't bought any cars yet and I'm only level 13 or so, so I only have the cars I've won, and a few modifications later, its my best car, so I figured I might as well.
[/QUOTE]

I was more making a joke than anything else. The NSX is a fine car and your reasoning makes all the sense in the world. Im just painfully aware of how poorly a lot of our clubmates drive when they have a car with any sort of power. I feel like Im going to be removing a lot of NSX grills from my bumper after each and every race. :lol:

The rings work, I just think they are too big and steal attention from the kickass CAG logo.
Maybe a thin out or even an overlaping semi-fade would help refocus ones attention.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Still, the second I get my Aston Martin DB6 or my Bently, I'll consider pimping those :D[/quote]I think its a level unlock as its not listed on any prize list. Probably level 15 or 20. Since Im in europe, I win Asian cars so I dont know.

[quote name='Matt Young']Supa's been posting and sending me PMs. He's around, but I'm not sure about Xbox Live since I don't know what his new Gamertag is.

EDIT: And I see that he just posted in this thread earlier today, so of course you know that already. Never mind.[/QUOTE]

GT = Supadupacheap78

[quote name='supadupacheap']I think its a level unlock as its not listed on any prize list. Probably level 15 or 20. Since Im in europe, I win Asian cars so I dont know.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, as far as I know, it's not a prize car (Bentley). There's no confirmation that you unlock it, but it does unlock pretty early on. After lots and lots of endurance races, I finally have more than enough to fill out my garage, but I'm starting with the D, C, and B class cars first.

2 more levels 'till I hit 40. Tiring.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I got no PMs,emails, or anything from you or anybody telling me of the troubles. Plus, Ive been on at least twice each of those days in question except yesterday (cable went out and world went to hell in a handbasket also) So I was remiss Sunday. but only to a point.

Just because I dont play much lately doesnt mean I flake out on my duties. I check at least once but usually more each and every day. (usually an early morning and a mid to late evening) If anybody ever has a problem, theres a whole slew of ways to contact me in the OP. And Im usually very quick in responding.[/QUOTE]

you were on XBL twice on each of those days except yesterday? if you were, the FR was there...if you mean you were on AIM & CAG and stuff on those days, then i'd understand...i just didnt know what your situation was...i wasn't trying to start anything or "rebel" against you as a club owner...i was just wondering what happened since you weren't posting or anything

and i just posted this b/c i wanted in and it didn't seem that the FR was reaching you, so i asked if one of the other members could send me a club invite (like they can in halo 2) b/c i thought you had assigned some people recruiter roles instead of just members...

oh well, i got the FR now, so it's all good :) hope to race you guys sometime ;)

i already beat some of the times of people in the club in career mode :twisted:

My in game time is 40 minutes, but I've actually played for a couple hours due to having to quit and retry a couple races a shitload of times to finish them. This game is frustratingly realistic. I love it, though. I've only done arcade races thus far.

The stock Jetta handles almost exactly like my friend Michelle's actual Jetta. It's scary.

As I said before, I never liked realistic racing games, but I love this game. It's frustrating to no end how much I suck at it, but it keeps me coming back for more until I finally win, which is the sign of a great game.

Craptacular...I'm crawling my way to 40...at 39 now, but I must rant.

Why the fuck is the Test Track Infield a racetrack? I could understand it as a way to teach your drivatar, but there should be no races held on this craptacular track. It's the most asinine track design that has no redeeming value for races. Well, it's valuable if you like tearing your hair out. I love racing the cars, but there shouldn't be any races with this. It sucks. Big time. And I'm looking at the 35 and over level championship races and a few of them finish off with it. Boo.

On another note, I love the Lotus Exige stock. So much fun to race. I vote for that to be the official CAG car.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Craptacular...I'm crawling my way to 40...at 39 now, but I must rant.

Why the fuck is the Test Track Infield a racetrack? I could understand it as a way to teach your drivatar, but there should be no races held on this craptacular track. It's the most asinine track design that has no redeeming value for races. Well, it's valuable if you like tearing your hair out. I love racing the cars, but there shouldn't be any races with this. It sucks. Big time. And I'm looking at the 35 and over level championship races and a few of them finish off with it. Boo.

On another note, I love the Lotus Exige stock. So much fun to race. I vote for that to be the official CAG car.[/QUOTE]
I agree completely, I nearly shat, the first time I saw the layout

[quote name='Ozzkev55']I agree completely, I nearly shat, the first time I saw the layout[/QUOTE]

I loved this track. Its fun if you have a car designed with constant turns in mind.

The tracks I dont like are the Blue Mountain II and one of the SilverStone tracks, but thats just cuase I havent practiced them enough.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Craptacular...I'm crawling my way to 40...at 39 now, but I must rant.

On another note, I love the Lotus Exige stock. So much fun to race. I vote for that to be the official CAG car.[/QUOTE]

Haha. So it claimed another CAG victim eh? :lol: Yeah, TT Infield sucks. Its not so much a course as a place where front ends go to die. If it were a golf course it would be all water, sandtraps, rocks, trees, etc then a 2 foot green. I understand that they wanted to showcase all the types of turns possible and force some real slow speed driving but its insane and flat out ugly. Ill drive it because I have to but its maybe the worst of the course (except the oval. that sucks in the totally opposite way)

Lotus doesnt have much room to detail. Small car, fins, small everything really. Blast to drive, screams like a banshee, but wouldnt be great as the CAG car (aint really cheap either)

I actually come through that race clean, it's just a horrible layout to be any fun. It's so disorienting especially when you have to do the reverse course. The arrows stay so it throws you off.

I get your point on the CAG car being cheap and having room for design. I just love the curves and lines of the Exige.

I'll have to post an updated pic of the Forum Post Audi to see what everyone thinks of the logo now. Added a few things to it as well.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I actually come through that race clean, it's just a horrible layout to be any fun. It's so disorienting especially when you have to do the reverse course. The arrows stay so it throws you off.

I get your point on the CAG car being cheap and having room for design. I just love the curves and lines of the Exige.

I'll have to post an updated pic of the Forum Post Audi to see what everyone thinks of the logo now. Added a few things to it as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my point, its just awful on the senses by the time you finish. Ive yet to run it reverse though, dont even want to think about that, ugh.

Oh the Exige is a beautiful car no doubt. The Elise is mucho pretty too. However, both are small, rear wheel drive, and mega $$$ (for a cheapass ;-)) The Audi and the RSX should be the top runners. I only say the RSX over the Audi because Im kinda tired of the Audi plus Ive never liked its shape.

Yeah, do post it ASAP. If the guys like it, we can make it the official car.. I gotta say though, that NSX was top top shelf. If I werent so afraid of constantly having to remove the lesser CAG drivers from my tailpipe due to its overwhelming power and weight (for a noob) Id probably say lets all use that one.

However, its our club not mine so the decision is up to you guys. Whatever you decide Ill happily drive.

News and some thoughts/questions.

First off, I made recruiters! :D Id like to thank Ozz and SteveMcq for pointing that feature out to me (totally missed it because I was to busy playing to read the instructions) Ive not yet done it globally as I want to test it first. If youre one, you should have gotten notice. If youre not, dont fret, you may be soon.

Something I need to say since the responsibilty is now shared amongst us a bit, be SURE of who you invite in. They can be poor drivers but they cannot be poor sports. Anyone who makes trouble will be dropped.

Next thing, NO INAPPROPRIATE CUSTOMIZATIONS!!! We represent CAG and as such should do so in a professional manner. As far as what is/isnt allowed, Im going to follow the CAG terms of service. You cant do it here, you cant do it on a car when your club name is CAG, got it? Also, for recruiters, if you bring in somebody who violates this policy, YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR A MINIMUM OF ONE WEEK and they will be dropped. It may seem a bit harsh but this is to make sure you guys have a stake in keeping trouble out. I really dont expect we'll have a problem with this but I always prepare for the worst.

Favor to ask... Can we migrate back to the Motorclub thread? It doesnt bother me that we are here but it makes my job a lot tougher since Im not the OP (or even near it) I get a lot of PMs and requests of "How do I join" since its not stated in plain view. I end up PMing and reposting the club thread OP which is becoming a bit of a chore. So, unless you guys are attached to this thread, can we mosey on back to the Club thread?

Not much else to report. Everything doing ok? Ive not heard from anybody but I did want to check. Im coming dangerously close to swearing off all non forza activities (save eating,bathing,etc) this weekend so I can regain my skills. If you guys want to do a meetup, LMK. Im all for it.

Mike

[quote name='coltcannon']Hey
Im wondering about the CAG Forza group? and if I could join. Got it today for $4.21 after $10 GC from SC:CT and $36 credit.[/QUOTE]

Look down
See sig?
Follow directions
Welcome :)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Forum Post Audi TT

[/quote]

I dig it but do know that if we do decide this is the one, Im SO removing the BBuy logo. (theres a ton of bad blood between us. I called the BBB on em too)

Awesome work on the logos. Look like they were built into the game.

Wanted

Has anybody seen this car? Its in the ads, its show in footage, but I cant find the darn thing for the life of me. It *should* be a 350z track Nismo. It was love at first sight for me but I cant find it in game. :whistle2:(

Guys how are you handling using this game with the joypad...?

I'm finding whie playing most racing games that I really can't get smooth turns with the joypad using any racing game on xbox.....I still wind up using the joypad almost digitally, of course this is driving in 3rd person where those "subtle corrections" dont always become apparrant because of the nature of "play" in most 3rd person camera views...

[quote name='HeadRusch']Guys how are you handling using this game with the joypad...?

I'm finding whie playing most racing games that I really can't get smooth turns with the joypad using any racing game on xbox.....I still wind up using the joypad almost digitally, of course this is driving in 3rd person where those "subtle corrections" dont always become apparrant because of the nature of "play" in most 3rd person camera views...[/QUOTE]

3rd person SUCKS. Seriously. This game isnt meant to be played that way. Only the best of the best can drive even remotely well with it. Drop it like a bad habit.

Use the sticks and the triggers, no buttons, no pads. Learn to roll instead of tap, also learn easing on and off breaks and gas. It will take time but pays off 10 fold.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I dig it but do know that if we do decide this is the one, Im SO removing the BBuy logo. (theres a ton of bad blood between us. I called the BBB on em too)

Awesome work on the logos. Look like they were built into the game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the back end I just wanted to fill with something. The template for the car pretty much mimics the forums so you can feel free to add whatever you want in the light gray boxes under the green and orange stripes. Might be a bit overly thought out for a CAG car, but that was my thought.

Pretty much the only thing that would be part of the template would be the green and orange headers and the gray/black boxes where you can put your own text. Plus the logo up top and the "Report Bad Post" button on the hood.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Guys how are you handling using this game with the joypad...?[/QUOTE]
It only becomes a problem for me in the oval races with the higher-powered cars. You have to really be more precise or else your wheels tend to spin. What I like to do is push the analog stick up and use the contour of the analog casing to guide it smoothly around the turn. You gotta have a pretty steady thumb though.

cagcarA.jpg

cagcarC.jpg

cagcarB.jpg

cagcarD.jpg

You really think so? I do okay in 3rd person, but I tried a few races in first person and it was almost unplayable.

I haven't been able to play much since Tuesday due to E3, but I own the game now. My mom got a bonus at work and, seeing how much I was enjoying the game (I.E. losing sleep to just beat "one more race", when I had to be up early) she picked it up for me.

The thing about the views is that I have to change depending on if I'm online or not. Single player, I always stick to 1st person (not the bug cam). Lets me gauge the turn-ins better.

Online though, I gotta switch to 3rd person when in a pack, especially going through a turn. There are very few people, judging from those I've played with, that call out where they are in turns or give way when they should. When you've clearly got a run on someone going into a turn, some just don't give way and cause damage or spin you out.

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't been able to play much since Tuesday due to E3, but I own the game now. My mom got a bonus at work and, seeing how much I was enjoying the game (I.E. losing sleep to just beat "one more race", when I had to be up early) she picked it up for me.[/QUOTE]

Ooooooooh yeah b*tch. ITS ON! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember that NBA 2k5 blasting? I DO! Revenge is sweet! :p

P.s I told you Forza would rock. You should listen to me more often ;-)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The thing about the views is that I have to change depending on if I'm online or not. Single player, I always stick to 1st person (not the bug cam). Lets me gauge the turn-ins better.

Online though, I gotta switch to 3rd person when in a pack, especially going through a turn. There are very few people, judging from those I've played with, that call out where they are in turns or give way when they should. When you've clearly got a run on someone going into a turn, some just don't give way and cause damage or spin you out.[/QUOTE]

You truly have to have a death wish to not click over to 3rd in packed corners online. I literally start the race 3rd then when I get some distance, flip over to 1st. Its annoying because I cant get through the first few turns as well but better slow than being knocked out of the race completely.

Giving way is non existant. Heck, Im probably more aggressive than I should be (its like a darn survival instinct) All you can do is let people have the corner and make it up somewhere else. *Most* times they are poor enough drivers that one or two corners wont help them enough to hold the lead.

One gripe I do have online stems exactly from not giving way. Especially on a course with a really wicked first turn. Tokyo comes to mind. I'll lay back until everyone clears it and then work my way up, but damn if people still don't play bumper cars. I pull over at the start as much as I can to let them go around but they still hit me.

It's a bit annoying, too, when you come to a track against a bunch of guys that drive the fast cars and don't know what to do in the turns. They drive sloppily enough through the corners, but make up so much damn time on the straights that you're pretty much screwed. Thanks Nurburgring for that insanely long stretch. I hate losing races that way when you just lead the whole way only to be beat by someone who only excels at going straight.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The thing about the views is that I have to change depending on if I'm online or not. Single player, I always stick to 1st person (not the bug cam). Lets me gauge the turn-ins better.

Online though, I gotta switch to 3rd person when in a pack, especially going through a turn. There are very few people, judging from those I've played with, that call out where they are in turns or give way when they should. When you've clearly got a run on someone going into a turn, some just don't give way and cause damage or spin you out.[/QUOTE]

haha, i drive agressively like that ;)

i'm not gonna just let some guy pass me without a fight :p

The credit requirements the higher you get become pretty high and demanding so for those of you looking for some quick money and need a break from the normal racing, take a look at the following race:

*LEVEL 30* and above
Professional Events > High-Power Races > Sunset Peninsula Speedway (5 Laps)

Difficulty and Assists
Racing Line: Off
AI: Hard
Damage: Simulation
Fuel and Tire Wear: On
Transmission: Manual
ABS: Off
TCS: Off
STM: Off

There's probably an easier race to bank money, but this one's garnered me nearly 80,000 Cr. easily for not even 5 minutes of race time. Finally got up to Level 50 now.

I'd suggest the GT40 you win stock. That has great top speed and acceleration and after the first lap you'll easily have a 5 second lead.

Later on, you'll win an F40 and I used that. It handles better through the corners (less chance of spinning out), but you'll have to work through traffic the first 2-3 laps.

For those with less races opened up, but have a few of the endurance races open, see if the one on the New York Circuit Short is open. I think it's the C or B class. I used the T.M.E. Lancer Evo and won that easily. That was nearly 120,000 I think.

Just for reference, the gap from 49-50 was 800,000 Credits.

Happy Racing.

Sorry if my stats seem to be frozen in carbonite guys...ill be on soon enough...im just in a kind of amish funk(AKA no electricity, not horse and buggy) :)

bread's done
Back