Fotonica (PC/MAC) $1

It's through the Humble Store and the game is on Greenlight so there's a chance you may get a Steam key in the future.

This game is definitely different, I'll give it that much. Reminds me of the good parts of Mirror's Edge. I'm assuming it's on-rails and timing steps on the crossbeams and avoiding trees are pre-programmed and not up to the user? In other words, less challenging than it could've been. Might still buy it, but it's less appealing now.

looks interesting (basically Mirror's Edge: Virtual Boy edition like Blade and Fox said), but it also looks like a game that will surely be bundled. So pass for me, but hopefully I can pick it up down the road:)

[quote name='Blade']This game is definitely different, I'll give it that much. Reminds me of the good parts of Mirror's Edge. I'm assuming it's on-rails and timing steps on the crossbeams and avoiding trees are pre-programmed and not up to the user? In other words, less challenging than it could've been. Might still buy it, but it's less appealing now.[/QUOTE]

It is a bit on rails. Perhaps, think of it as a 3D wireframe version of Bit.Trip Runner, because you do choose a path.

Personally, I loved it. It can be quite challenging, but the music is great and if you play it on a big screen, it can feel oddly immersive.

bread's done
Back