Found a great soundtrack in an odd place...Toy Commander?!

mattstockton12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I picked up Toy Commander on the cheap and its a pretty cool little game. Its pretty much the kind of game I would have killed for when I was a young kid, back when driving hot wheels cars on the kitchen walls was the epitome of a good time. Enough childish longing remains in me for this game to make me smile at my currrent cynical gaming age of 22.

The controls are a bit floaty, which adds to what is a fairly demanding game (at least to beat the records). The graphics are passable and the game's look reminds me of something like Elebits or Katamari. However, one thing that floored me about the game is how great the soundtrack is. I haven't been able to find a listing anywhere, but everytime I went to put down the game for pissing me off so much I had to keep playing when this one particular song came on. Very good game. I recommend it if you don't mind repeating strange tasks with vehicles until you perfect a run to get a high score (ala Stuntman, one of my favorites).

Toy Commander is the shit. I still own it even though I sold off my Dreamcast many years ago. Someday I'll buy a new Dreamcast and completely shatter my memories of how sweet it is.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Toy Commander is the shit. I still own it even though I sold off my Dreamcast many years ago. Someday I'll buy a new Dreamcast and completely shatter my memories of how sweet it is.[/QUOTE]

Na, it actually holds up pretty decent. I think it would make a good XBLA game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I just looked this up on wikipedia. Apparently there was a Christmas themed demo disc in an issue of Official Dreamcast Magazine.[/QUOTE]

It's not a demo, it's a mini-game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I just looked this up on wikipedia. Apparently there was a Christmas themed demo disc in an issue of Official Dreamcast Magazine.[/quote]

It's just one level. I've got it, it's on #9 or #10, can't remember exactly which one. But it's one where you have to rescue a santa toy.

I liked it. The controls can get a weee bit frustrating at times. Especially when you have to land the plane and the damn thing WILL NOT STOP when you want it to. :(

bread's done
Back