found a used 60gb PS3 in Cleveland

coolflea216

CAGiversary!
If anybody in the Cleveland, OH area is interested I saw a used 60gb PS3 at the Brooklyn Gamestop in Ridgepark Square for $429.00. I know these are pretty hard to find, I wish I didn't buy a 40gb a few weeks ago or I would have picked it up.

Check ANY Gamerush/Blockbuster in the Cleveland area (except the w.150th store, I got that one) and you can get one new for $450.

BTW, this should be in regional deals...

[quote name='coolflea216']If anybody in the Cleveland, OH area is interested I saw a used 60gb PS3 at the Brooklyn Gamestop in Ridgepark Square for $429.00. I know these are pretty hard to find, I wish I didn't buy a 40gb a few weeks ago or I would have picked it up.[/quote]

What is the store's return policy. If it's within 30 days, you should be able to return it.

Personally, if I had no PS3 right now, I wouldn't get a used one even if I was going to get better BC, because a used one could have been treated poorly, and it does have a higher chance of failure (especially when being almost out of the warranty or out of the warranty). I'm actually a bit worried about my 20GB right now because the number of PS3 consoles breaking (launch ones) has gone up quite a bit at a few PlayStation forums. At least with a 40 or 80, you get a decision revision with less components (less components means less chance of failure).

Overall, I just wouldn't take the risk and would get a 40 or 80 instead.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Personally, if I had no PS3 right now, I wouldn't get a used one even if I was going to get better BC, because a used one could have been treated poorly, and it does have a higher chance of failure (especially when being almost out of the warranty or out of the warranty). I'm actually a bit worried about my 20GB right now because the number of PS3 consoles breaking (launch ones) has gone up quite a bit at a few PlayStation forums. At least with a 40 or 80, you get a decision revision with less components (less components means less chance of failure).

Overall, I just wouldn't take the risk and would get a 40 or 80 instead.[/quote]

I thought the 60GB that were produced at the tail end were pretty reliable. The failure rate is no where near the 360. The current 40 or 80 GB are most likely going to have fixes for things that could be problematic. But the 60GB is a pretty solid machine.

bread's done
Back