Found Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2 at Hollywood Video....

ndshide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I found a copy at Hollywood video. The display case still has the manual in it. If I would want to buy this what woudl the best way of going about it be? Just asking if I can buy it? Rent it and then say you lost it so you have to pay the replacement cost? If I did this would they give me the case with the manual?

If you're going to "lose" it, don't ask about buying it first, that just sets off alarms. Rent it and "lose it". The should give you the case when you go to pay for it, if not, serves you right for stealing. :lol:

Additionally, I'd take into account that this is a rental game, its either scratched to shit or has athe giant sticker on the disk.

Oh, and they may decided to charge you 'market value' for it, that being $100.

[quote name='ndshide']I found a copy at Hollywood video. The display case still has the manual in it. If I would want to buy this what woudl the best way of going about it be? Just asking if I can buy it? Rent it and then say you lost it so you have to pay the replacement cost? If I did this would they give me the case with the manual?[/quote]

[quote name='ndshide']I found a copy at Hollywood video. The display case still has the manual in it. If I would want to buy this what woudl the best way of going about it be? Just asking if I can buy it? Rent it and then say you lost it so you have to pay the replacement cost? If I did this would they give me the case with the manual?[/QUOTE]

I'd just ask. The risk of being caught stealing something under $100 just isn't worth the chance.

I wasn't trying to suggest that I "lose it" to avoid paying for it and thus stealing it. I fully intend to pay the replacement cost.

[quote name='raregamergirl']I know someone who did this and their hollywood video charged them $100. exactly $100. they mysteriously "found" the game at that point, lol.[/QUOTE]

Most places would charge much more. The cost to buy a movie with the right to rent it is a couple hundred dollars.

Ask to buy it. The last time I checked, it was $26-ish. They may not sell it to you, but that's what the price is listed at

bread's done
Back