Found my Game Gear.. Worth keeping or selling?

CouRageouS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I dug this out the closet and was amazed that I had all the accessories. Giant Battery pack and the SUPER WIDE GEAR magnifier hahah. This thing is beastly. I was more suprised to find I had the game manuals in the pouch.

So what should I do with this? I'll never play it. I tried it out and it all works. Should I just keep it for collectors sake or sell it? I'm leaning towards getting rid of it and my Genesis collection too.

If you like old school Sega I'd keep it and track down some of the first party stuff. There was some amazing stuff. The port of Streets of Rage was flawless. Played just like the Genesis version.

I was thinking about building up a Game Gear collection, I'd just never get around to playing it and I lost some of my will for hunting old games. Most of the games are Genesis ports anyway, and even though I'll likely get rid of my Genesis too, the VC has been kind lately.

If its not going for much you might as well keep it.

I picked up a Game Gear at a flea market last year for $3, and sold it on ebay for about $60, but it had the TV Tuner attached, which is why I think I got soo much for it.

I would keep it. I had one back in the late 90's and I sold it at a pawn shop and used the money for a Nomad. I have had a craving to get one again lately so I bought one for about $10 with a bunch of $1 games at a used game store. The trouble is the one I bought is beat to hell. The screen is scratched up, the case is all scratched up and it is missing one of the battery covers. I rarely see Gamegears for sale anymore and if I do they are all like this. If I would have just kept mine it would have been in much better shape. I bought a replacement screen off ebay but it seems cheap and flimsy.

[quote name='Puffa469']If its not going for much you might as well keep it.

I picked up a Game Gear at a flea market last year for $3, and sold it on ebay for about $60, but it had the TV Tuner attached, which is why I think I got soo much for it.[/QUOTE]

You know what is funny? In about a year and a half when TV broadcasts go digital (FEB 2009) the TV tuner will become absolutely worthless.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You know what is funny? In about a year and a half when TV broadcasts go digital (FEB 2009) the TV tuner will become absolutely worthless.[/quote]

Thats true. But 20 years into the future, when the machines take over, that vhf tuner will be how the last human survivors broadcast and receive their pirate signals, as we struggle to survive in the black, crumbling wasteland of 2027.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thats true. But 20 years into the future, when the machines take over, that vhf tuner will be how the last human survivors broadcast and receive their pirate signals, as we struggle to survive in the black, crumbling wasteland of 2027.[/QUOTE]

Cohaagen you bastard, give those people da air!

bread's done
Back