Found Space Channel 5 Special Edition...

Circuit City has tons of them labeled as a value title. It was $19.99 to begin with, and seems to have hovered there.

It is quite common on both DC and PS2. U may not find it in most stores, but there are plenty out there.

You have a good find. The second disc never saw the light of day in the U.S. on the Dreamcast, just the PS2. It's a music/dance game but harder than DDR, Frequency/Amplitude in that you have to memorize the patterns not just react to prompts on screen. SC5 reminds me of the old electronic game "Simon" more than anything else.

As was said, this was a $20 to begin with. It's extremely niche even by niche game standards.

[quote name='zman73']I know it took me forever to find my 4.99 copy at EB...[/QUOTE]

Gotta love that $4.99 new retail price (and the 2-disc case). :D

[quote name='urzishra14']so it basically simulates the "ddr freaks" that memorize all the new steps the moment they hit online?[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. Like I said, there are no on screen prompts or cues to follow like DDR, Amplitue or Frequency.

What happens is you see an opponent go (Example, they don't use numbers but it illustrates my point.) 2, 3, 3, 2, 4, 4, 1, 1, 5, 5.

Then it's your turn and you have to mimic what the opponent did exactly and in rhythm. The key being memorization and timiing.

For the price it's very worth it. The game is in the vein of Gitaroo Man goofy and the music is entertaining.

[quote name='urzishra14']so it basically simulates the "ddr freaks" that memorize all the new steps the moment they hit online?[/QUOTE]

It's more like Simon says.

Simon says go Chu, Chu, Chu!

So you go Chu Chu Chu.

Think parappa with the timing bar off.

I'm sure that the PS2 version was released at $14.99, not $19.99. I got mine the day it came out.

Just Part 2 is worth that price. It isn't as graphically slick as the original, but it's so much fun! It never fails to make me smile.

I don't think it's that hard, either. Way easier than Amplitude. Not as difficult as Gitaroo Man. And you only have to remember a short pattern -- not as bad as Unison, where you had to memorize a whole dance!

Simon is a good comparison, but the patterns don't increase by one move every time you're successful. They get a little tricky sometimes, but they're never too long or hard to remember. If anything, I think the game's too easy!

Along with Katamari, one of my all-time favorites on PS2.

bread's done
Back