Four new Pokemon games coming for DS/GBA

gambitmachete

CAGiversary!
Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Puzzle, and Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Blue Rescue Force for DS and Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Red Rescue Force for GBA.
(http://ds.ign.com/articles/640/640249p1.html)

Also, there are a couple screens of Pokemon Puzzle at serebii.net.

Hopefully these aren't shitty spin-offs like Pokemon Dash. Puzzle looks pretty cool.

I guess they could be cool, but who knows ..lol

I think done right---a pokemon game that uses the stylus could be really cool.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']i do like the idea of releasing one version for the DS and one for GBA, wonder how the two will differ.[/QUOTE]

AND what would happen when you put the GBA game into the DS with the DS version. Hmmm...you KNOW Nintendo would do something like that so people buy both games!

[quote name='alongx']That's on top of Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, both for the DS[/QUOTE]

And we can't forget Pokemon XD for Gamecube. :D

I was happy to hear that all these new games are coming out 'cause I love Pokemon. After the Pokemon Center store in NYC was turned into a general Nintendo store, I got a little worried that Nintendo would quit focusing on the Pokemon franchise as much since it doesn't seem like it's the cool thing with the kiddies anymore. But, the games still sell like crazy, although not at the mass hysteria level of a few years ago.

[quote name='lilboo']AND what would happen when you put the GBA game into the DS with the DS version. Hmmm...you KNOW Nintendo would do something like that so people buy both games![/QUOTE]

Confirmed you can do that with D/P and FR/LG/R/S/E to transfer your pokés from 3rd gen to 4th gen, which I am very happy about
:D

I might be getting a DS just for this and Advanced Wars now, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Blue but it was what got me into rpgs in the first place. Thanks OP!

[quote name='asianxcore']very interested in that Pokemon Puzzle game. wonder if it will play similar to Pokemon Puzzle League. :)[/QUOTE]

The-Magicbox seems to think it will be more like Zoo Keeper than Pokemon Puzzle.

[quote name='the-magicbox.com']Nintendo announced 3 new Pokemon titles for Nintendo DS. First is Pokemon Puzzle, which will base on the other DS puzzle game Zoo Keeper, but with Pokemon characters; the game will ship on October 20.[/quote]

Hopefully they're wrong as Pokemon Puzzle is a much better game than Zoo Keeper.

Yeah. I saw the pics on serebii and it looks a whole lot more like Zoo Keeper than Puzzle League.

I do think it's cool you'll be able to link them up the dungeon red for GBA and blue for DS. I think this is just their testing grounds for when Diamond and Pearl comes out. That way they will have something set up to trade between your GBA games of Red, Blue, Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald to the new Diamond and Pearl DS games. Since you can't use a link cable for trades and such from DS to GBA.

What are the odds that dungeon comes out here? Only of the dungeon series that came out in NA is the Chocobo one if I remember correctly.

Pokemon Rescue might be interesting since it will be different than the other games, since it's an action RPG. First time a Pokemon game will come out that's directly based on the movie. Wonder if they will try to release that movie in theatres vice direct-to-dvd if they are making a game to tie it in. Doubt it...Pokemon still has a strong following, but not as big as it once was when kids were shouting "It's Pikablu!" to Marril at the beginning of the first Pokemon movie.

bread's done
Back