Fox.com DVD Sale...50% OFF...Inivte ONLY!

bigsyxxy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The online fox store is having an "invitation only" sale to people who have made purchases before. They will give you a code for 50% off your ENTIRE ORDER! Exclusions include the Simpsons and Star Wars, but not much else. This is one use only and they verify your e-mail prior to giving you the code, so if you have bought something from them in the past, check your e-mail and take advantage.

Ditto for me. If anyone will do this for me and get the 24 Season 3 Set, you could make like.... 3-5 dollars (tentative, this agreement is not actually valid until/if someone sets this up for me... you will make a poorish 24 fan very happy :).

24 would work, right?

Yea I got this too but I didn't want to post because it seemed odd

I mean 50 percent is A LOT

24 season 2 and season 3 were going to cost me 55 without shipping and tax

is this legit?

and if you spend 200 you get 75 free on your next order

so if you spend 400 now, which would come out to 200 because of the 50 percent off, you get 75 free your next order...

I don't think coupons work, besides it is putting in the email address to verify and accept this 50 percent off. so just register fox stores and hope it comes to you.

[quote name='Samuelc79']I don't think coupons work, besides it is putting in the email address to verify and accept this 50 percent off. so just register fox stores and hope it comes to you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the coupon doesnt work without invite. I just tried it, I had 200$ in my cart, initially the coupon said it worked, but when i went to check out it failed.

Long story short, if someone has this code and wants to make a few quick bucks pm me an maybe we can work somethign out.

[quote name='scuba']Yea I got this too but I didn't want to post because it seemed odd

I mean 50 percent is A LOT

24 season 2 and season 3 were going to cost me 55 without shipping and tax

is this legit?

and if you spend 200 you get 75 free on your next order

so if you spend 400 now, which would come out to 200 because of the 50 percent off, you get 75 free your next order...[/QUOTE]

Yes its legit, my confirmation email:
ITEMS

1. 24: Season 2 (DVD)
Price: $55.98 x Quantity: 1 = $55.98

2. 24: Season 3 (DVD)
Price: $55.98 x Quantity: 1 = $55.98

Item Subtotal: $ 111.96
Sales Tax (CA/AL only): $ 0.00
Shipping & Handling: $ 3.95
Coupon Code (BLOWOUT) - $ 55.98
----------
Total: $ 59.93

Join the Fox Bonus Buys Club to earn a FREE movie up to $75 in value.
http://www.foxstore.com/bonus_buys/index.html

Coupon code is BLOWOUT im not sure if you can just put that in when you check out. On the invitation Email, when you click the picture link it verifies your e-mail then it tells you you can now shop..

Anyone try BLOWOUT that was not invited to see if it works?

Thanks a ton for posting this, big. Most of these e-mails just get sent to my junk folder, and by the time I check my inbox, some of the good stuff has already been deleted.

Now it's time to do some serious shopping. Thanks again.

This deal is sweet! I think I'm gonna get 24 S2 here. It ends up $2 less than the other 24 S2 deal I was considering ($40+tax minus $10 coupon at Costco)

FOX Store has saved my ass. I got 24 S3 for free due to either a glitch or a compensation for a previous problem I had with them (which they efficiently and quickly fixed) and I got Futurama S3 for ~$30 a few months ago (which was the best price then).

[quote name='bowsernieb']If anybody has an invite they aren't planning on using, I'd appreciate it...happy to compensate, as well.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't work that way. They give you a link, you enter in your site registered email that they sent it to. Quite a clever validation scheme to ensure that the person who received it is the only person who can use it.

Whoa, I can catch up on Millenium, Lone Gunmen and Family Guy now! :D

Thanks OP - it was in my SPAM folder!

Wow, this is awesome. I just signed up for an account 2 weeks ago...

Also when you spend more than $200 you get a free item up to $75 for free

*FYI I have never purchased anything from the fox website before, those interested in future deals should sign up for an account.

Those people looking for 24 Season 3...what price are you hoping to get for these? Because it looks like it would be about $30 shipped to purchase one. Then considering you'd have to ship it out again for $4 or so...it's not going to be as good of a deal to buy through someone...

[quote name='chickenhawk']I just registered. What are the odds that I get the email? I am thinking not good. Worth a shot though...[/QUOTE]

Let us know if it works!

I signed up.
You can also 'make a bundle', it looks like it takes 5-30% off MSRP, an add'l ten bucks or so off Foxstore prices.
Their shipping prices look very reasonable, I just played with an order for 8 box sets, 315 bucks, and if I'm reading it right, shipping is under 4 bucks.
How does the 'free dvd up to 75$ work?' Do you get it right then, do you get a 75$ coupon to spend instantly, or what? I can find very little documentation about it.

[quote name='damack']Let us know if it works![/QUOTE]

"Sorry - You are not authorized to use Coupon Code BLOWOUT"

Damn! I haven't gotten any email from them since I signed up so I am still holding out hope. For now, though, as expected this does not work unless you received an invite.

EDIT: I didn't get this message until after I went through the shipping and payment steps. All up until that point, it looked like it was going to work.

[quote name='dtcarson']I signed up.
You can also 'make a bundle', it looks like it takes 5-30% off MSRP, an add'l ten bucks or so off Foxstore prices.
Their shipping prices look very reasonable, I just played with an order for 8 box sets, 315 bucks, and if I'm reading it right, shipping is under 4 bucks.
How does the 'free dvd up to 75$ work?' Do you get it right then, do you get a 75$ coupon to spend instantly, or what? I can find very little documentation about it.[/QUOTE]
MAKEABUNDLE is a different coupon code than BLOWOUT. They cannot be combined. BLOWOUT is a much better deal.

You're right, upon reading the fine print and testing things out only one coupon code is valid at a time. The bundles arent' bad, I guess, but if BLOWOUT works for you, that's exceptionally good. Blowout can be combined with the free dvd, so I've heard--if you do it right, you can get 200 bucks worth of stuff, add free DVD, then get 1/2 off.

Here's what I got:

Family Guy Volume 1 DVD 1 $35.95
Family Guy: The Freakin' Sweet Collection DVD - The Best of the Family Guy DVD 1 $14.95
Millennium: Season 2 DVD 1 $47.98
Arrested Development: Season 1 DVD 1 $29.95
Dynasty: Season 1 DVD 1 $31.98
Lone Gunmen TV Series, The DVD 1 $31.98
Alien Collector's Edition DVD 1 $21.58

Item Total: $214.37
Sales Tax (CA/AL Only): $0.00
Shipping Costs: $3.95
Coupon Code (BLOWOUT): - $107.19

Order Total: $111.13

I was a little leary about Lone Gunmen but for $16 I can always just resell it! b Thanks again OP!

Does anyone know how the free dvd deal works? The offer page was not very descriptive at all. However, it does not say anything about "not to be combined with other offers/coupons" so it should be gold.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Does anyone know how the free dvd deal works? The offer page was not very descriptive at all. However, it does not say anything about "not to be combined with other offers/coupons" so it should be gold.[/QUOTE]

Before you use the blowout coupon, get 200 worth of stuff in your cart. Then click on the picture of an item you want up to 75$ in value and you should see a gift box. Click that to add to the cart for free. It will stay after you add the blowout coupon.

I had this all working, until the Blowout didnt work for me because I didnt recieve the email.

I'm dying for seasons 2 and 3 of 24, should anybody out there be generous enough to help me out. Hey, maybe you can use my stuff to get your order near that $200 mark for a free DVD! I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks for the heads up. The email went to my junk folder and I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise. I picked up Napoleon Dynamite and Donnie Darko (special edition) for $24 shipped. Not too bad...

[quote name='starman9000']Before you use the blowout coupon, get 200 worth of stuff in your cart. Then click on the picture of an item you want up to 75$ in value and you should see a gift box. Click that to add to the cart for free. It will stay after you add the blowout coupon.

I had this all working, until the Blowout didnt work for me because I didnt recieve the email.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well the coupon worked for me, and i couldnt get the $75 free item(chose the Planet of the apes boxset). to work for me. Well i emailed customer service a while ago(didnt mention i used coupon or anything) and asked how to redeem it, will report back.

Just used this code and can CONFIRM that if you put in $200 prior to entering the code, you can get a $75 item for free ON TOP OF THE 50% OFF!!! I got my cart up to $207, then added Alien Quadrilogy for free!! Got the following:

24 Season 3 (Extra...PM me with trades or money offers...but keep in mind S/H wont be that cheap).
In Living Color Season 3
Speed 5-Star Collection
Napoloeon Dynamite
X-Files Season 9
Alien Quadrilogy

All for $125 shipped (would have been $108 but CA has tax damn it!!).

Wants:
Devil May Cry 3
Resident Evil 4
Doom 3:CE
God Of War

Even just that free $75 thing is awesome.. I just ordered X-Files seasons 8 and 9 as well as King of the Hill season 2.. Then I got the Alien Quadrology for free. All for just over $200. Awesome deal.

1. X-Files Season 7 (DVD)
Price: $79.95 x Quantity: 1 = $79.95

2. King of the Hill Season 2 (DVD)
Price: $39.98 x Quantity: 1 = $39.98

3. Alien Quadrilogy (DVD)
Price: $0.00 x Quantity: 1 = $0.00

4. X-Files Season 8 (DVD)
Price: $79.95 x Quantity: 1 = $79.95

Item Subtotal: $ 199.88
Sales Tax (CA/AL only): $ 0.00
Shipping & Handling: $ 6.27
----------
Total: $ 206.15

This sucks. I paid FOX to be in the 24 fan club, ordered from their fan club website and this doesn't apply to me? The sites are directly connected. No fair. I demand compensation!

Oh well. I guess I'm not LOSING money ...

I got Sideways, Family Guy (2nd copy, since i am at college and can't live without it), and Arrested Development (figured I'd see what all the buzz is about). About $45 bucks before tax and shipping. Thanks OP, great deal.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2 DVD 1 $47.98
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3 DVD 1 $47.98
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4 DVD 1 $45.95
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5 DVD 1 $47.98
Arrested Development: Season 1 DVD 1 $29.95
Angel: Season 2 DVD 1 $47.98
Angel: Season 3 DVD 1 $45.95
Angel: Season 4 DVD 1 $47.98
Angel: Season 5 DVD 1 $47.98
Alien Quadrilogy DVD 1 $0.00

Item Total: $409.73
Sales Tax (CA/AL Only): $30.22
Shipping Costs: $4.55
Coupon Code (BLOWOUT): - $204.87
Order Total: $239.63

So yeah, I'm good for a few days there, since I don't have cable this has to do. What's lame is they charge tax on the price before the coupon is added so it adds an extra $10, oh well, I don't HAVE to have car tags this year.

Yeah, it works for me now. Also my order shipped. Great deal, any new boxsets coming out in the next month and a half? My free movie expires june 30th.

[quote name='rockhero']Missing out on this is driving me crazy.. If anyone can hook me up here I'll buy a boxset for you..[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's even possible to pass the thing on to others--its from an email and verifys the user email when clicking on the link to go to the foxstore.

"It doesn't work that way. They give you a link, you enter in your site registered email that they sent it to. Quite a clever validation scheme to ensure that the person who received it is the only person who can use it."

Posted by DCGCPlayer, on the first page of this thread.

So yea, to keep the begging to the minimum hopefully that clears it up.

it would work if someone used their account to buy for someone else. Unfortunately no one seems willing to do that. i would think there is an unlimited amt of box sets, so i dont really understand why some are unwilling to help others out. but thats just me. some people are more paranoid.

i wouldn't mind buying something for somebody else as long as i could keep the "free" $75 item. that's a pretty nice reward for helping somebody out and they wouldn't need to pay me anything. unfortunately, i deleted the e-mail on accident b/c it was in my spam folder. i have ordered from them before though... i'm wondering if i could still use the code if i don't go through the link in the e-mail?

EDIT: keep in mind you'd have to pay for shipping twice if i did it for you unless you live somewhere close to me (SoCal). it probably wouldn't be worthwhile unless you're way out in boonieland and have no means of getting these dvd's cheap otherwise.

bread's done
Back