FPS aiming feels off?

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I got COD4 from Amazon over the black friday weekend, thinking it would be fun since I missed out on the game, but the aiming feels a bit off to me compared to 360 shooters. Are all ps3 (non exclusive, as MAG and Resistance felt fine to me) this way? Is it a side effect of being ported from another console? Is it my imagination? Did COD4 just feel a bit different?

It is driving me crazy.

Enjoying MAG though, it feels right. :D

[quote name='mtxbass1']There is a slight bit of auto aim in COD4. There is none in MAG.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that, assumed all console shooters had some auto aim. Will try disabling it. Thanks for the reply

Is it possible the dead zone for the aiming joysticks is different between consoles?

The only FPS game that I've ever heard people comment on that they don't like the aiming is Killzone 2 which was intentionally designed to have a "weight" to it.

[quote name='QiG']Is it possible the dead zone for the aiming joysticks is different between consoles?

The only FPS game that I've ever heard people comment on that they don't like the aiming is Killzone 2 which was intentionally designed to have a "weight" to it.[/QUOTE]

Could be possible I guess, it isn't bad - just different than what I am used to on 360 (MW2 and black ops in particular). Could just be a different sensitivity between the sequels since I haven't tinkered with that yet. Will check it out when I get on.

[quote name='QiG']Is it possible the dead zone for the aiming joysticks is different between consoles?

The only FPS game that I've ever heard people comment on that they don't like the aiming is Killzone 2 which was intentionally designed to have a "weight" to it.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to throw that in there. I still play KZ2, whenever I play it, it takes me a few games to get used to the weight and aiming again.

bread's done
Back