FragFx v2 (SE) $50 @ Amazon

DaBoltz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you prefer mouse controllers vs. the DS3 for the PS3 AND you don't mind 'old' generation hardware (Mar. '09), looks like Amazon is clearing out inventory on the FragFx v.2 mouse controller for the PS3.

There's the original config. of mouse AND mousepad that used to be $80 and is now $64

BUT, if you don't mind saving another $14 ;) by losing the likely crappy mousepad, they've posted an SE for $50 delivered that's the same controller, just no mousepad. (Amazon listing is first on list of 'NEW' condition). It is NOT IN STOCK YET. That's maybe why they're hiding it away from the main product info page where it just shows the Beach Audio price for $10 more.

Looks like they're making way for the new model (FragPro) that's wireless but it's also an inflated $90! Amazon doesn't have the FragPro posted yet, but it'll likely be close to the Splitfish price. I'll probably be on 10th Prestige on MW2 by the time that falls to $50!!!

Interesting, I didn't know that things like this existed. Do they only work with certain games or is it universal support?

[quote name='Vegan']Interesting, I didn't know that things like this existed. Do they only work with certain games or is it universal support?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, this thing IS a sixaxis controller as far as the PS3/game is concerned. It offers a few hardware button manipulation/remapping on the fly -- like sensitivities.

If anyone is interested in this but not looking to spend a lot, just click my "CML" link. I am selling the original version for only 30$, including shipping.

This thing looks awesome. Ppl have stated that the top warhawk players all use this.
I'll be getting the Pro when I get my slim PS3 late this year or early next year.

Seems like a good deal, and here I was about to jump on it. Until I discovered that it's not universally ergonomic. :( As in, both the mouse and "keyboard" are shaped for right-handed people. As a left-handed person, I use the mouse with my left hand and the keyboard with my right. There goes my dreams of dead-on mouselook in console games... *Sighs*

[quote name='Kain']Seems like a good deal, and here I was about to jump on it. Until I discovered that it's not universally ergonomic. :( As in, both the mouse and "keyboard" are shaped for right-handed people. As a left-handed person, I use the mouse with my left hand and the keyboard with my right. There goes my dreams of dead-on mouselook in console games... *Sighs*[/QUOTE]

Every left handed person I know (including myself) holds a mouse in their right hand, but whatever floats your boat.

I think I might pick one up. I loathe the PS3 controller and I have been trying to decide between the FragFx and the XCM Cross Battle Adapter Plus for a while now.

[quote name='Vegan']Every left handed person I know (including myself) holds a mouse in their right hand, but whatever floats your boat.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's weird. I've seen a couple left-handed people who hold it with their right hand myself. Don't know how they do it. It's just so awkward.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']If anyone is interested in this but not looking to spend a lot, just click my "CML" link. I am selling the original version for only 30$, including shipping.[/QUOTE]

$30? Best Buy has the model 1(for PS2) on their Outlet store for $5.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage..._off&lp=28&type=product&cp=1&id=1204332500111

Just grab one of those PS1/PS2 to PS3 controller adapters that work really well for $50 and it's STILL cheaper than a new model 2.:D

Dont you feel a little cheap when you kick everyones ass while using this? Console FPS were never intended to use a mouse and keyboard. I can see where it would be cool to use, but I would feel almost like I cheated since the majority of your kills would be because you are using a device that gives you a major advantage.

Its kind of like the movie "The Ringer" where you had a "normal" person compete in the Special Olympics. Yeah, you would win, but you wouldnt feel like a winner.

I'd rather be pretty good with a controller than be incredible with this thing.

Now I gotta wonder if the one guy I used to always be playing against on GTAIV for PS3 was using one of these. I mean, he's insanely good and would always pick me off from like 3-4 blocks away.

fragfx is sweet. i may grab this.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']$30? Best Buy has the model 1(for PS2) on their Outlet store for $5.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage..._off&lp=28&type=product&cp=1&id=1204332500111

Just grab one of those PS1/PS2 to PS3 controller adapters that work really well for $50 and it's STILL cheaper than a new model 2.:D[/QUOTE]

Yes, $30. There is a big difference between the PS2 Model 1 and the PS3 Version 1. But by all means, proceed to be ignorant....

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Yes, $30. There is a big difference between the PS2 Model 1 and the PS3 Version 1. But by all means, proceed to be ignorant....[/QUOTE]

Big difference, huh? The only big difference I can see is that YOU wouldn't be making the money. That's probably why you proceeded to insult me. Whatever though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Big difference, huh? The only big difference I can see is that YOU wouldn't be making the money. That's probably why you proceeded to insult me. Whatever though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, YOU cant see the difference, because YOU havent used either product.

I found your comments funny, because as of a few weeks ago your own thread described the trouble you had finding a decent, lag-free PS2/PS3 adapter. What was your final resolution? Drive 50 some miles to a store that supposedly had it in stock? Yet you have no trouble telling people that the $6 PS2 controller and some mystical easy to find adapter is a much better deal...

Please be clear, I did not insult you. Calling someone ignorant is not an insult if they are in fact ignorant on the topic.

Actually, I didn't end up making the drive for the adapter since I just gave up on finding out. I do apologize for being rude about the whole situation, as I do tend to speak what's on my mind without putting much thought into it sometimes.

bread's done
Back