Fred Meyer B&M Rock Band 3 Keyboard Only $59.99 + w/ 10% Coupon

NintendoGal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last night I did some hunting for the XBox 360 version of the Rock Band 3 keyboard at Fred Meyer.

It's the hardest one to find at the stores I noticed, but this deal is for all 3 versions (Wii, PS3, 360). It's $59.99, but they also have 10% coupon off accessories floating around the area too that are valid until today (1/8/2011). This works on the keyboard because it contains no game and brings down the keyboard to about $54 before tax or so.

Unfortunately I didn't check how long the keyboards were on sale for. I can scan my receipt upon request, but there were giant signs right underneath each shelf of keyboard at each of the stores I visited. This is B&M only btw!

Did a search, but I didn't see any mention of this deal, so apologies if it's old!

Damn, I've been looking for a deal for this but no Fred Meyer anywhere near me. I hate you, B&M-only deals! Thanks for posting, though, OP.

Just an FYI, looking at this week's ad, there's a 10% coupon for accessories again. So for as long as they are on sale, you can still couple the deal with the coupon!

Gahhh I wish I had some of these stores near me, lol. Since the past few years I've lost both Circuit City and FYE, so now all I have is Best Buy.

I don't even have a Target, lol.

[quote name='Billservo']Call around first. When I checked, both Redmond and Bellevue were out. Kirkland had at least 2 left.[/QUOTE]

Issaquah is also out. I had to drive all the way to Auburn (where I used to live a month ago ironically) to get mine. It worked out though because we spent enough to get another fuel point and get gas cheaper down south through the fuel center! :)

Great deal, I'd jump all over this for a PS3 one if I had a Fred Meyer near me. I would like to get a PS3 keyboard for RB3, I just don't want to pay $75 for it.

Damn, my wife tried to get in on this but it was a no go. We had the 10% off accessories coupon in the Sunday paper (good for this week) and the keyboard was still on sale for $59.99. But the coupon would not take 10% off. The clerk was adamant that it was because it was "hardware" and not an "accessory". That is pretty much BS because if this isn't an accessory I don't know what is. So I'll just wait and hopefully they'll have a $10 off $50 coupon coming up shortly.

Maybe this week's coupon was activated differently than last week. If anyone got it this week with the new coupon please let me know. I have no idea why it wouldn't work here if it works elsewhere.

[quote name='io']Damn, my wife tried to get in on this but it was a no go. We had the 10% off accessories coupon in the Sunday paper (good for this week) and the keyboard was still on sale for $59.99. But the coupon would not take 10% off. The clerk was adamant that it was because it was "hardware" and not an "accessory". That is pretty much BS because if this isn't an accessory I don't know what is. So I'll just wait and hopefully they'll have a $10 off $50 coupon coming up shortly.

Maybe this week's coupon was activated differently than last week. If anyone got it this week with the new coupon please let me know. I have no idea why it wouldn't work here if it works elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

At least you don't have to pay tax. ;)

I didn't have the coupon, I just mentioned there is one and the clerk scanned their reserve copy behind the counter.

[quote name='io']Damn, my wife tried to get in on this but it was a no go. We had the 10% off accessories coupon in the Sunday paper (good for this week) and the keyboard was still on sale for $59.99. But the coupon would not take 10% off. The clerk was adamant that it was because it was "hardware" and not an "accessory". That is pretty much BS because if this isn't an accessory I don't know what is. So I'll just wait and hopefully they'll have a $10 off $50 coupon coming up shortly.

Maybe this week's coupon was activated differently than last week. If anyone got it this week with the new coupon please let me know. I have no idea why it wouldn't work here if it works elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I would try another Fred Meyer, or better yet, have them call the one I went to and get them to yell! :D

What the !#%$!? So it worked no problem for people Sunday and Monday with the new coupon for this week? Why wouldn't it work here? My wife even tried arguing at the CS counter that it was an accessory but the same game guy who couldn't get the coupon to scan came up and convinced them otherwise. So it got returned - their loss...

What, in WA state the keyboard in an accessory but down here it is hardware? :roll:

FWIW, they are $70 now at Amazon. I'd actually prefer to pay $70 in Amazon credit over $60 cash at Fred Meyer. But I'll hold out for $54 or less if they have a $10 off $50 coupon (please have one this weekend!).

As for the sales tax thing, I'd rather have no income tax - the lack of a sales tax doesn't make up for the income tax here but it helps. I should have been one of those freeloading Vancouver people (live in WA and pay no income tax, then shop in OR and pay no sales tax). I had that option when I moved here but didn't think it through enough ;).

That's strange IO. I would assume that FM is FM, no matter the location.

I'm going to try this today, that accessory coupon was it in the paper or some other ad? I checked the Sunday ad and don't see a coupon in it.

The coupons were in the area of the accessories for me, at least at the Auburn store. I think it was also in the paper. And iO that really does suck, I don't know what their problem is. :|

It was not in the paper ad I usually get that has what others talk about. If it's that hanging coupon that they do They always have plenty of those. I'll ask about it. I checked the FM website in case the paper didn't get part of an insert and it wasn't there either.

Thank you.

[quote name='io']What the !#%$!? So it worked no problem for people Sunday and Monday with the new coupon for this week? Why wouldn't it work here? My wife even tried arguing at the CS counter that it was an accessory but the same game guy who couldn't get the coupon to scan came up and convinced them otherwise. So it got returned - their loss...

What, in WA state the keyboard in an accessory but down here it is hardware? :roll:[/QUOTE]
Try a different clerk at a different time, or just go to a different Freddy.

Some clerks are more knowledgeable and they usually just key in a 10% store discount. They can do it, it just requires some brain power on their part to comprehend the different between a game controller and a game hardware.

[quote name='eau']Try a different clerk at a different time, or just go to a different Freddy.

Some clerks are more knowledgeable and they usually just key in a 10% store discount. They can do it, it just requires some brain power on their part to comprehend the different between a game controller and a game hardware.[/QUOTE]

But see, the lady at the CS desk was going to do this for my wife but the Electronics guy butted in and said since this is hardware it doesn't apply.

[quote name='io']But see, the lady at the CS desk was going to do this for my wife but the Electronics guy butted in and said since this is hardware it doesn't apply.[/QUOTE]

I'd go back when that Electronics guy isn't in. I would think that a discussion on how it is a keyboard controller for a music game and it should be classified the same as a PS3 dualshock controller, as an accessory would cover any doubt.

[quote name='EvilIA']I'd go back when that Electronics guy isn't in. I would think that a discussion on how it is a keyboard controller for a music game and it should be classified the same as a PS3 dualshock controller, as an accessory would cover any doubt.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Go back and get it for the proper price. THEN! Be like me and go back and stick it to him verbally. ;p

Managed to get one earlier this week... unfortunately I couldn't find that coupon for 10% off, but still it was only 60+30 for RB3 so I still saved 30 bucks. Thanks OP!

Well, just a heads up that the sale is still in effect and there is another 10% off cooupon for this week.

I went back to the same Fred Meyer and had no problem buying one this time with the coupon and having it work automatically. So, yeah, $54 total. if I knew which guy it was that told my wife it didn't work because it is "hardware" I would have shown him my receipt :lol:. And I had about $53 in gift cards from various game deals in December so that was pretty nice - I paid $1.09 for it. And given that the gift cards were for things I would have bought anyway (I think they were all from the buy 2 games get a $20 GC deal that worked at any price point) I can consider that keyboard pretty much free. Now just to find time to actually play it.

I noticed on the $59.99 sale tags that it says the price is good through 1/29. The 10% coupon runs through then as well so this may be the last week to get it for that price. On the other hand, they had several for each system so they may very well extend the sale yet again.

keep your eyes out for any potential 10 off 50 coupons this weekend

I doubt there will be one but you never know!

bread's done
Back