Fred Meyer B1G1, Resistance, Warhawk, Motostorm

DariusWIND

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Buy one get one free on select Greatest Hits, just three different games,

Resistance
Motorstorm
Warhawk (including the one with the headset)

Each are $30, I picked up the Warhawk bundle and Resistance for a total of $32.xx after tax. The Warhawk bundle was marked at $40 but rang up at $30. Made me happy since I was going to pick these two up a TRU later today anyway.

Good deal. Thanks OP. Will have to check it out since I am moving to Portland this week:

b411243_3.jpg

^ Yea, but its pretty bland and you cant buy electronics off of it.

I am also curious if this appies to all PS3 GH games or just those shown.

The sign in store listed those 3 games, I didn't ask anyone if any other GH games were included in this, I just wanted Warhawk and Resistance.

[quote name='prateeko']Didn't Fred Meyer get bought out by Kroger a little while ago?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Fred Meyer is now Kroger-owned chain. All their generics are Kroger brand.

Great deal with 3 great games. It's even better if you can find the non-GH versions. I would totally be in if I hadn't already beaten Resistance (got it used with my PS3), if Motorstorm: Pacific Rim wasn't coming out soon, and if I wasn't getting SOCOM: Confrontation (which comes with a better bluetooth headset). For anybody that doesn't have these games or haven't played them, it's nice.

Has anyone seen this deal in a Smiths Marketplace location? I stopped by one locally, but there was no signage and it didn't appear to be in the ad.

[quote name='Shawnimal']Yes, Fred Meyer is now Kroger-owned chain. All their generics are Kroger brand.[/QUOTE]

So do these deals apply to all Kroger stores with electronic sections, ones that used to be Fred Meyers or ones that remain branded as Fred Meyer?

Went to Fred Meyer's today. No bundled Warhawk, just regular game.

Also, the system didn't recognize the sale (although it's labeled as B1G1 in the case), so the guy just voided one out. Which makes me think I could probably just return the B1 and keep the G1; unfortunately, I'm too lazy for that... fraud takes way too much energy.

[quote name='io']went to my FM today - no warhawk bundle and only GH packaging for all...[/quote]
Ditto.

They have a cardboard display rack which has picture of all the GH games including Assassin Creed, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, COD3, NFS Carbon, Fight Night Round 3, Oblivion and R6 Vegas. However, only the 3 games featured in the ad are in the rack.

[quote name='dragon_image18']I just got
Resistance, Ninja Gaiden, Warhawk (non bundle), and Assassins Creed for $60 total.

185th Fredy's in Beaverton[/quote]
Is Ninja Gaiden and Assassins Creed rung up automatically with the discount, or did you require an override?

I asked the Electronics staff this morning and they said the promo works on the 3 games in the ad only. However, the yellow sale tag simply says B1G1 PS3 Greatest Hits. It's kinda YMMV.

So if you buy any 2 of the 3 pictured games, they still have to manually override?

Did Ninja Gaiden Ninja ring up for $30 or $60? The regular or GH version was it? They have different barcode so the GH is $30 but the old one could still be $60 at some stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 2 Gh games from the display and the promo was manually entered. Ninja Gaiden and Assassins Creed were both non greatest hits. Everything rang up as $29.99

Score! Picked up Assassin's Creed and Ninja Gaiden Sigma for $30 total.

Getting GH titles other than Resistance, Motorstorm and Warhawk for this deal is a YMMV. The yellow sale tag actually specifies those 3 titles in small font below "Buy 1 Get 1 Free Greatest Hits". I guess it depends on the clerk.

The Fred Meyer store I went to had no signs advertising the sale. However I showed the clerk the ad, then had them grab (2) Warhawk bundles out of the case to try it. The discount came off automatic for me.

[quote name='twinton']The Fred Meyer store I went to had no signs advertising the sale. However I showed the clerk the ad, then had them grab (2) Warhawk bundles out of the case to try it. The discount came off automatic for me.[/quote]
How does the receipt show? 29.99 for one and 29.99 - 29.99 credit for the other?

My store had to do an override for my NGS and AC. They simply keyed in a 29.99 store credit/discount on the AC.

[quote name='eau']How does the receipt show? 29.99 for one and 29.99 - 29.99 credit for the other?

My store had to do an override for my NGS and AC. They simply keyed in a 29.99 store credit/discount on the AC.[/quote]

My receipt reads like this -

71171981172 PS3 Software 29.99 T
SC8410000038448 PS3 Software 29.99-T
71171981172 PS3 Software 29.99 T

Tax 2.46
Balance 32.45

The clerk even seemed surprised that it came off automatically. She said normally promotions like this have a coupon in the ad.

So buying any 2 of the Motorstorm, Resistance and Warhawk (game only or bundle) would have the promo applied automatically at the register. But an override is required when a Greatest Hits title other than the 3 is involved.

This seems to indicate that the promo is intended for the 3 games only. Other GH titles are a YMMV.

I had to try 2 times in order to score the deal. The guy in the morning shift said it applied only to the 3 games. But the guy in the night shift did not really care as long as it's a GH ;)

[quote name='sfu_lifer']no go for the warhawk bundle for me. It scans at 39.99

Did buy Resistance and warhawk standalone.[/quote]

If it's worth the Headset to you, go to the fredmeyer.com website and print the specific ad from their "weekly ad" (as pictured earlier in the thread), which shows the bundle's cover with the headset and also says in two other places "Includes Wireless Headset" and says B1G1 $29.99. They should then price override it. I suggest going to the website to print it, so that the paper you print shows the FredMeyer URL, cause at first the electronics guys were saying that they'd never seen the ad and were acting like they weren't going to override...

It's such a nice deal that I ended up getting the bundled Warhawk and Resistance, even though I don't expect to have a PS3 until a more Christmas-ish time.

Good Luck all

It might be YMMV for the Warhawk bundle. The ads says headset included but is to the left of motor storm. What you don't see is directly below that in the ad is Socom new release. I believe that they stuck the headset included in the wrong place.

I'm going to see what the Bremerton one has later today. I really need to check if they have one in Port Angles as I have to be there this afternoon for business.

Smith's Marketplace now has this up and going (one week behind Fred Meyer, for some reason). Signs are very clearly marked for the three first party titles only.

bread's done
Back