Fred Meyer clearance (now at additional 20% off)

petersen98374

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
At the Fred Meyer in WA, they have their clearance games an extra 20% off.
I got (Gamecube)
Odama $20 -20% = $16
Def Jam V $2 -20% =$1.50
Ant Bully $10 -20% =$8
Pikmin 2 $10 -20% =$8
Sonic Riders $10 -20% =$8
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness $10 -20% =$8

Check it out, you might find something good!

Nintendo DS
$9.97
Alex Rider Stormbreaker
Danny Phantom
Deep Labyrinth
Franklin
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Lost Magic
Metroid Prime Pinball
Monster House
Nicktoons Unite
Over The Hedge
Over The Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts
Ping Pals (yes, overpriced at $9.97 )
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Children of Mana
Contact
Magnetica
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Bomberland Touch

GameBoy Advance
$1.97
Metroid NES Classics

$9.97
Ant Bully
Danny Phantom
Mega Man 6
Over The Hedge
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
...LOTS more

$19.97
Castlevania Double Pack
FF IV
Some TMNT double pack

Gamecube
$1.97
Def Jam V

$9.97
Pikmin 2
Sonic Riders
Shrek Smash and Crash
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
NFS Underground 2
Ant Bully
Teen Titans
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Shadow Hedgehog

$19.97
Pac-Man World Rally
Odama

Xbox
$1.97
Drake
PGR 2
MechAssault

Xbox $9.97 games
Flatout
Flatout 2
SSX On Tour
NFL Street 2
Timesplitters FP
Driver Parallel Lines
Open Season
Over the Hedge
Battlefield 2
Rainbow Six Critical Hour
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
NBA Ballers Phenom
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars KOTOR
Star Wars III ROTS
Mercenaries
Da Vinci Code
Several sports games including NHL 2K6
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
Star Wars Battlefront
DDR Ultramix 4 Bundle (yes, with pad)

Xbox 360 games. All are $15.98 after discount:

Bomberman Act Zero
College Hoops 2K6
Dead or Alive 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fifa 2006 World Cup
Full Auto
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
NHL 2K6
Quake 4
Rumble Roses
The Outfit
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Forza

PS2
$1.97
Blowout
Arc The Lad End of Darkness
Dead TO Rights II
R Racing Evolution
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell

$9.97
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Path of Neo
Parallel Lines
Call of Duty 2 SE
Clock Tower 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Pirates of the Caribbean Legend of Jack Sparrow
Shrek Smash N Crash Racing
Full Spectrum Warriors Ten Hammers $9.97
50 Cents Bulletproof $9.97
Bratz: Forever Diamondz $9.97
Flushed Away $9.97
Godfather $9.97
Justice Leagues Heroes $9.97
Lupin the 3rd $9.97
Monster House $9.97
Pimp My Ride $19.97
Sopronos $9.97
Taito Legends $9.97

$19.97
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $19.97
NFS Carbon Collector's Ed $19.97

PSP
$9.97
Bomberman
Capcom Classics Remixed
Coded Arms
Gradius Collection
Infected
MLB 06
NBA Ballers Rebound
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Open Season
Pac Man World 3
Prince of Persia Revelations
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Spy Fiction
World Series of Poker

$19.97
Rengoku

UNKNOWN SYSTEMS
Super Robot Wars Original Generation

[quote name='xsuicidesn0wmanx']I got DMC4 for $15 at the FM in Redmond today, I consider that a decent deal, i also picked up americas army for $15 and timeshift for $9, though they're not as good as dmc4, just shelf fillers for the collection and cheap points for my achievement whoring :D

Nothing terribly good there other than dmc4, marked 24.97 with 40%($9.99) off of that, also had virtua fighter 5(360) online for $15, manhunt 2 (ps2) for $15 and condemned 2 for $19.

there was more but i cant remember them all.[/QUOTE]

Was Virtua Fighter 5 $15 before or after the 40% off?

At the Fred Meyer in WA, they have their clearance games an extra
signature_deepthakur.jpg

[quote name='GlassAgate']Was Virtua Fighter 5 $15 before or after the 40% off?[/QUOTE]

Like a good portion of the games, DMC4 is $24.97 before the 40% off. That makes it $15 afterwards.

Pink Xbox 360 wireless controllers are on clearance for $39.97. Not a great price but after the discount they are $23.98 and then if you can scrounge up enough other stuff to get over $50 you can get the $10 off too.

So, for example, you can get the controller and 2 of the $24.97 clearance games for $43.95 total (or about $19 for the controller and $12.50 for each game). That makes some of the overpriced stuff a little more palatable. I picked up Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team and Trauma Center Second Opinion that way.

Fred Meyer has $10 off $50, $20 off $100 and $30 off $150 Home Electronics coupons good for 6/14 and 6/15 only.

You can score a DSi for $169.99 - $30 = $139.99

:ps3::360: Silent Hill: Homecoming $29.99 on sale this week.

Oh, interesting eau... What is the clearance percentage now and does this coupon stack with clearance like before?

[quote name='io']Oh, interesting eau... What is the clearance percentage now and does this coupon stack with clearance like before?[/QUOTE]
Clearance has dropped to 30% (from 40% last week). The $10/20/30 off $50/100/150 coupons explicitly state that they are valid with regular, sale, clearance or coupon offers. So you could stack one of these:

$5 off special value games
20% off video game accessories
10% off PC software

Throw in some fillers one could get a Wii Fit for $30 off. I was told that Wii Fit is considered a game so the accessory coupon won't work.

How much is Trauma Center: Second Opinion before discount? My store sucks monkeys balls, they don't have any clearance games in sight. They probably have tons but locked up in the store room.

[quote name='eau']How much is Trauma Center: Second Opinion before discount?[/QUOTE]

It was marked at $24.97 at one of my local FMs.

This weekend Fred Meyer has a 20 percent off all video game accessories coupon which can be stacked with either a $5 off $25, $10 off $50 or $20 off $100 purchase coupon.

These work on Microsoft Points cards, as I picked up a 4000 point card and a new wireless controller battery for $42.XX after the coupons.

My store in Bellingham, WA had a ton of weekly ad and coupons so I picked one up.

They also had $5 off select value software titles (most were old Wii and PS2 games).

In case anyone's interested, I picked up a 360 "Stuntman: Ignition" on my way to work this morning. It was newly added to their clearance section, and marked as $4.97. Rang up as $3.98 with this week's 20% off.

Saw some PC games on SALE on a special display for $5 each from the regular $7.99 price. They are in jewel case with a slip cover. Some highlights are:

Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assult
Battlefield: Vietnam
Earth 2016
Jewel Quest
Battlestations: Midway
Commandos Strike Force
Diner Dash 2 Restaurant Rescue
NFS: Carbon
SimCity 4

The $5 sale price is good until 7/4.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i was hoping they would have 40% off clearence games for the 4th weekend...im eyeing the dynasty warriors gundam.[/QUOTE]

i didn't know that was on clearance. what is the clearance price before the additional price reduction? i'll have to keep my eye out, as well.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']24.99....22 with 20% isnt really worth it...but 40% maybe.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'll have to keep my eye on it as the weekly clearance fluctuates.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']Good to know. I'll have to keep my eye on it as the weekly clearance fluctuates.[/QUOTE]

They just put out a whole new slew of games on clearence. I saw wario ware master of disguise, the resident evil essentials collection, Dynasty Warriors Gundam at first glance, didn't study enough elsewise.

Tonight I picked up Jericho for the 360 w/bonus soundtrack for about $6.40.

They had a bunch of new games in a clearance cart, including skate, mario soccer, metroid prime 3, cod4 for the ds.

Saw some new 2/3 additions this morning:

:ps3: Burnout Paradise $15.97
:360: Fight Night Round 3 PH $15.97
:psp: NFS ProStreet $15.97
:psp: SOCOM Bravo 2 $15.97
:psp: SOCOM Tactical Strike $15.97

Nothing to write home about.

[quote name='eau']Saw some new 2/3 additions this morning:

:ps3: Burnout Paradise $15.97
:360: Fight Night Round 3 PH $15.97
:psp: NFS ProStreet $15.97
:psp: SOCOM Bravo 2 $15.97
:psp: SOCOM Tactical Strike $15.97

Nothing to write home about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some others. Really a disappointing first clearance of the year. Usually at any given store, the first clearance is a lot better.

Does anyone else have a FM who has a bunch of games that haven't budged from
the clearance shelf, for between 6-12 months? I don't know if they forgot
to mark stuff down, or if they stopped doing so (due to a bad economy). It's
really driving me nuts.

My FM has 08 Sports games that are still marked $24.97. I don't think in fact I've seen them further mark down anything, just change the bonus percentage.

40% off this weekend.

Saw Unreal Tournament 3 (360) for $15.97. They had 2 copies of Civilization Revolution (360) for $15.97 yesterday but they were already gone this morning. Damnit.

When does the 60% ever come back? It's 60% off apparel this weekend as well. Going there for groceries tonight or tomorrow.

The Freddies in Lynnwood, WA have a boatload of games, as do the (off-topic) Half Price stores in Lynnwood and South Everett-20% off used

Wow, three-and-a-half months since a post.

Well Fred Meyer has what seems like a pseudo-clearance on some games that started today. I dunno if maybe they're trying to change how their clearances work in the future.

Some older games are on sale for 30%-50% off for the next month. I'd say around 5% of the games in the case at my store were on sale and marked as such. (The clearance discount does not stack on this sale.) Here are only some that I noticed (probably some of the better ones):

:wii: Silent Hill Shattered Memories $35
:wii: No More Heroes / Red Steel Two-Pack $15
:ds: Broken Sword $10
:ds: Castlevania OoE $21
:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis $25
:ps3: Socom (w/ Headset) $32
:ps3: Prince of Persia $10
:360: Prince of Persia $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']flount, your quoted prices are final prices or there is still a discount on top?[/QUOTE]

No, those are the final prices. It's like they decided maybe to start doing their clearances differently. It's a sale, not a clearance, but the sale is on games you'd expect to be getting clearanced.

Well, this is kind of like an extension of the oddball PSP sale they've had going for a while (Jak & Daxter and Motorstorm Arctic Edge for $9.99). There were a handful of other games (non-PSP) on sale too the last few weeks but nothing worth mentioning. It seems they are adding more to that.

Meanwhile the clearance stuff has been absolutely stagnant. I don't think they've changed the prices on that stuff in several months and as a result it is for the most part all still sitting there.

Some more I noted today:

:ps3: Resistance 2 $21
:ps3: Silent Hill Homecoming $14
:psp: Silent Hill Shattered Memories $21
:ps2: Silent Hill Shattered Memories $21

Hmmmm. I just noticed a new one that was on sale today, but not yesterday (I had it scanned both days). They may still be adding more to this as we speak. If you spot an older game you want, I suggest price checking it. I'm probably going to go check again tomorrow.

Thanks, Resistance 2 @ $21 is sweet, but I made a promise NEVER to impulse buy a new video game over $20 since I came to CAG (and Resistance 2 in this case would be considered an impulse buy for me, since it wasn't something I must own right now). Decisions, decisions...

I did get Star Ocean International for PS3 for $20 there Saturday, but that was a one-time thing as they had it mistagged with a Lego Indy price tag. Fortunately it was locked up in the case that way so it wasn't a customer switch (not that anyone could do that with those super-adhesive FM price tags). After manager approval they sold it to me ;). I have to admit that was a pleasant surprise - I was expecting them to turn it down (the clerk even said he didn't think the manager would go for it). As far as I know, we don't have those "priced as marked" laws here so they weren't required to sell it that cheap.

[quote name='io']I did get Star Ocean International for PS3 for $20 there Saturday, but that was a one-time thing as they had it mistagged with a Lego Indy price tag. Fortunately it was locked up in the case that way so it wasn't a customer switch (not that anyone could do that with those super-adhesive FM price tags). After manager approval they sold it to me ;). I have to admit that was a pleasant surprise - I was expecting them to turn it down (the clerk even said he didn't think the manager would go for it). As far as I know, we don't have those "priced as marked" laws here so they weren't required to sell it that cheap.[/QUOTE]
Woohoo. Nice find! The Freddies here are pretty damn good on top of their stuff, so no such luck here ;)

[quote name='eau']Woohoo. Nice find! The Freddies here are pretty damn good on top of their stuff, so no such luck here ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the best part was that it was pure luck: I was running around in a different part of town with my family and my wife wanted to get diapers with a coupon. She almost went herself but had to feed the baby so I went in. I ran by the game section quick to check the clearance stuff (crap) and happened to see that.

I was at Fred Meyers yesterday and all clearance games and electronic items were an additional 50% off.

Also they had a pretty good selection of regular games that were all 60% off.

Holy crap, your FM has some old games. I don't remember mine having DS and Gamecube titles, but maybe I should check just in case.

Yikes, talk about resurrecting the dead!! Hard to believe it's been over 10 years since I started being a regular contributor to this thread.

bread's done
Back