Fred Meyer clearance (now at additional 20% off)

petersen98374

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
At the Fred Meyer in WA, they have their clearance games an extra 20% off.
I got (Gamecube)
Odama $20 -20% = $16
Def Jam V $2 -20% =$1.50
Ant Bully $10 -20% =$8
Pikmin 2 $10 -20% =$8
Sonic Riders $10 -20% =$8
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness $10 -20% =$8

Check it out, you might find something good!

Nintendo DS
$9.97
Alex Rider Stormbreaker
Danny Phantom
Deep Labyrinth
Franklin
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Lost Magic
Metroid Prime Pinball
Monster House
Nicktoons Unite
Over The Hedge
Over The Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts
Ping Pals (yes, overpriced at $9.97 )
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Children of Mana
Contact
Magnetica
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Bomberland Touch

GameBoy Advance
$1.97
Metroid NES Classics

$9.97
Ant Bully
Danny Phantom
Mega Man 6
Over The Hedge
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
...LOTS more

$19.97
Castlevania Double Pack
FF IV
Some TMNT double pack

Gamecube
$1.97
Def Jam V

$9.97
Pikmin 2
Sonic Riders
Shrek Smash and Crash
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
NFS Underground 2
Ant Bully
Teen Titans
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Shadow Hedgehog

$19.97
Pac-Man World Rally
Odama

Xbox
$1.97
Drake
PGR 2
MechAssault

Xbox $9.97 games
Flatout
Flatout 2
SSX On Tour
NFL Street 2
Timesplitters FP
Driver Parallel Lines
Open Season
Over the Hedge
Battlefield 2
Rainbow Six Critical Hour
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
NBA Ballers Phenom
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars KOTOR
Star Wars III ROTS
Mercenaries
Da Vinci Code
Several sports games including NHL 2K6
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
Star Wars Battlefront
DDR Ultramix 4 Bundle (yes, with pad)

Xbox 360 games. All are $15.98 after discount:

Bomberman Act Zero
College Hoops 2K6
Dead or Alive 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fifa 2006 World Cup
Full Auto
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
NHL 2K6
Quake 4
Rumble Roses
The Outfit
Forza

PS2
$1.97
Blowout
Arc The Lad End of Darkness
Dead TO Rights II
R Racing Evolution
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell

$9.97
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Path of Neo
Parallel Lines
Call of Duty 2 SE
Clock Tower 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Pirates of the Caribbean Legend of Jack Sparrow
Shrek Smash N Crash Racing
Full Spectrum Warriors Ten Hammers $9.97
50 Cents Bulletproof $9.97
Bratz: Forever Diamondz $9.97
Flushed Away $9.97
Godfather $9.97
Justice Leagues Heroes $9.97
Lupin the 3rd $9.97
Monster House $9.97
Pimp My Ride $19.97
Sopronos $9.97
Taito Legends $9.97

$19.97
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $19.97
NFS Carbon Collector's Ed $19.97

PSP
$9.97
Bomberman
Capcom Classics Remixed
Coded Arms
Gradius Collection
Infected
MLB 06
NBA Ballers Rebound
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Open Season
Pac Man World 3
Prince of Persia Revelations
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Spy Fiction
World Series of Poker

$19.97
Rengoku

UNKNOWN SYSTEMS
Super Robot Wars Original Generation

yea where? Ill look in Bellingham, on Bakerview rd.
Attention Rudypants, paging to register 2- can you look at the one on lakeway for 360 deals?

Norberto - damn you and your fellow ciitizens for clogging up my roads during your weekend buying sprees. Comin down here in your nice cars, driving way too slow, and stealing my local deals! Ah well, You all produce plenty of great stuff to import illicitly across the border, so that makes up for it.

All the FM's in OR have had this running for quite a while. I snagged a La Pucelle Tactics for $1.97 - 20% several weeks back ;).
I noticed they put some more games out recently though.

Some others (all before discount)

Gamecube
Teen Titans $9.97
Ant Bully $9.97
Pac-Man World Rally $19.97

Xbox
Flatout $9.97
Flatout 2 $9.97
Drake $1.97 ;)

There's a lot of sports games at the $9.97 point as well (I forget which but I know some were 2K3 variants - pretty pathetic, those should be $1.97).

My neighborhood Freddy's in Portland, OR had several copies of Drake of the 99 Dragons for $1.97. I was going to buy them as trade-in fodder, but someone must have beat me to it. They were gone the next time I went in.

Last time I went to the one in (south) Bellingham, they had a bunch of crap - like terribe GBA, Xbox and PS2 games. Unless they "magically" get a new stock of clearance items, I don't think this will do much good.

[quote name='Clobbersaurus']My neighborhood Freddy's in Portland, OR had several copies of Drake of the 99 Dragons for $1.97. I was going to buy them as trade-in fodder, but someone must have beat me to it. They were gone the next time I went in.[/QUOTE]

I bought one a few weeks ago for that, and have passed up several since. They don't even make good trade-in fodder unless EB has some bonus deal going on though.

Saw some more tonight. Most of the stuff is Xbox - probably they are clearing more of that out because the 360 has been out so long. Either that or everyone buys up the PS2 stuff before I see it.

Xbox, all $9.97 (so $8 after discount):
SSX On Tour
NFL Street 2
Timesplitters FP
Driver Parallel Lines
Several sports games including NHL 2K6

One Gamecube game of note:
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/bongos: $9.97

[quote name='io']All the FM's in OR have had this running for quite a while. I snagged a La Pucelle Tactics for $1.97 - 20% several weeks back ;).
I noticed they put some more games out recently though.[/quote]
Dang! I wish they had some spare....

FM in Bellingham on Bakerview only had ps2 and xbox and maybe some nintendo portable games on clearance. Nothing outstanding, rogue trooper (xbox) was 10 bucks.
No 360 deals.
I didn't get anything. Sucky.

They also have the 20% off clearence at the South Hill location also.
Nothing very exiticing. I wouldn't make a special trip, but if you're driving by, go ahead and check it out.

I needed Odama, so it worked out for me!

The 20% off clearance is pretty much a standard day-to-day thing, isn't it? I saw the 20% off sign for ages in the FM's in my area.

Few months ago I picked up Radiata Stories for like $8 after the 20% off.

I thought FM had Magna Carta on clearance (how much?) but never find any.

So weird to hear people talking about FMs I frequent. I live in Tacoma, but lived in Bellingham a few years back, so I know all these stores well. So odd!

Went to one of the three freddies in anchorage tonight. many ff x. don't know if the greatest hits stuff is 30% off. there's also a coupon there that if you buy 2 'special clearence' games you get 1 free.
Will have to check tomorrow if time permits.

I saw that "buy 2 get 1 free" coupon. I think it was only on the "special buy" games, the ones on the racks in the aisle that range in price between $9.99 and $19.99

Ninja Gaiden Black is also $9.97

I don't know for sure, but aren't clearance prices universal? I know I bought a game marked clearance in an FM once, and then had an employee scan the same game from inside the case in Auburn and it was the same price. Just a heads up. ;)

Bumping this old thread for some interesting additions. The additional discount seems to be back to 20%, unfortunately.

However, there are now several 360 games in the clearance!

All $19.97 (or $15.98 after 20% off):

Bomberman Act Zero
Quake 4
Fifa 2006
Madden 06
NBA Live 06

Yeah, nothing spectacular, but notable for being the first time I've ever seen 360 games on clearance! Maybe some FM's have better stuff than this one though - let us know if you find any more. Nothing's better than finding out about a clearance game that they haven't tagged at your local store and having it come up $16 when it is marked $59.99!

Thank you man. I just picked up a few!

[quote name='io']Bumping this old thread for some interesting additions. The additional discount seems to be back to 20%, unfortunately.

However, there are now several 360 games in the clearance!

All $19.97 (or $15.98 after 20% off):

Bomberman Act Zero
Quake 4
Fifa 2006
Madden 06
NBA Live 06

Yeah, nothing spectacular, but notable for being the first time I've ever seen 360 games on clearance! Maybe some FM's have better stuff than this one though - let us know if you find any more. Nothing's better than finding out about a clearance game that they haven't tagged at your local store and having it come up $16 when it is marked $59.99![/quote]

[quote name='thedanceman']Thank you man. I just picked up a few![/QUOTE]

Anything I didn't mention? I want to know if it is worth hitting up some other stores.

Yes. Dead or Alive 4, The Outfit, Ruble Roses, Gun, Dynasty warriors 5, Tony Hawk.

Way good deals.

[quote name='io']Anything I didn't mention? I want to know if it is worth hitting up some other stores.[/quote]

[quote name='thedanceman']Yes. Dead or Alive 4, The Outfit, Ruble Roses, Gun, Dynasty warriors 5, Tony Hawk.

Way good deals.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks - may try to snag Gun.

[quote name='eau']How much is DOA4 after discount? May consider picking it up eventhough I don't have a 360 yet.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that one (the other guy can answer if he wants) but it seemed like they were pretty uniform with the $19.99 pricing (discounted to $16).

$15.96.

[quote name='eau']How much is DOA4 after discount? May consider picking it up eventhough I don't have a 360 yet.[/quote]

OK, I found a couple of new ones - Full Auto and Kameo. Kameo is a bit of a surprise as it is now a "Platinum Hits" title or whatever they have for the 360 and priced at $29.99 everywhere else (and immune to clearancing for a while as result of that). I snagged that as I don't think I'll find it much cheaper any time soon.

So, just to recap, here's the FM clearance list for 360 games. All are $15.98 after discount:

Bomberman Act Zero
College Hoops 2K6
Dead or Alive 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fifa 2006 World Cup
Full Auto
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
NHL 2K6
Quake 4
Rumble Roses
The Outfit

I also saw Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for $8, which is probably a better game than any of those 360 games ;). In any case, I'm putting together a pretty nice library of 360 games and I don't even have a 360 yet. It is really too bad that EB isn't doing their trade 2 360 games for 1 new 360 game. Even though they excluded some of them, I'm sure I could have put together a few trades - would have loved to get Oblivion and Viva Pinata for 4 of these games!

I went to 3 FM tonight. Some have them out with the rest of the clearance games, but the last 2 had them locked in the cases still. At one all the clearance games were on one shelf and faced out so you could see the tags (still, though, I almost missed them because I saw the regular clearance section first and it was pretty lame). At the last one, though, they had them still mixed in with the rest of the games (in alphabetical order). However, they were tagged with clearance tags (just couldn't see them until you pulled them out).

Anyway, not a bad selection but I'm a bit disappointed Burnout Revenge is not part of it.

I'm not sure how active the OP is, but if he's not interested I'll volunteer to make a new thread with the current finds listed in the first post so people can just look there to find what's on sale. FM are usually pretty good about tagging things and putting them out (unfortunately for us cagey CAGs) but in the past I have found a few games still unmarked that were actually on clearance. They are pretty universal about the games and pricing at least. So at a minumum you will know what you *might* find there.

[quote name='io']I'm not sure how active the OP is, but if he's not interested I'll volunteer to make a new thread with the current finds listed in the first post so people can just look there to find what's on sale. FM are usually pretty good about tagging things and putting them out (unfortunately for us cagey CAGs) but in the past I have found a few games still unmarked that were actually on clearance. They are pretty universal about the games and pricing at least. So at a minumum you will know what you *might* find there.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to make a new thread. I'll put your list on the front page for now. When I go shopping for bargains, I only look at the Nintendo systems. I might take a quick glance at Xbox or Sony stuff if it is on a clearance table.

I'll probably pick up DOA4 for $15.96 but my local FM doesn't have it :cry:

Will have to try another store in the near future.

Just wanted to bump this up. I still see a few clearance 360 games at FM. Tiger Woods 2006 is a new (but thoroughly expected) one. I wish they'd clearance Burnout Revenge, Ridge Racer, or King Kong though. Not really sure why they didn't do those last two considering everything else they clearanced. I'm wondering if I should wait on things like Enchanted Arms to go on clearance there...

[quote name='thedanceman']Does anyone know what dates of the month Fred Meyer places stuff on clearence?[/QUOTE]

No idea - I think it is pretty random.

[quote name='io']Just wanted to bump this up. I still see a few clearance 360 games at FM. Tiger Woods 2006 is a new (but thoroughly expected) one. I wish they'd clearance Burnout Revenge, Ridge Racer, or King Kong though. Not really sure why they didn't do those last two considering everything else they clearanced. I'm wondering if I should wait on things like Enchanted Arms to go on clearance there...[/QUOTE]

Almost sure I saw King Kong on clearance at a local FM.

[quote name='vinhjdao']Almost sure I saw King Kong on clearance at a local FM.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check - maybe it is a new drop. I price checked one a week or two ago and it was definitely not clearanced then.

[quote name='petersen98374']It's back to 30% off again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to post that but they just have crap to buy now. I'm wondering if I can return/repurchase all the stuff I did get already though and save another $2 on each game. That would be nice because I got Full Auto, Gun, and Kameo all at 20% off. It would be nice to get them for $14 instead of $16 each.

Just picked up Donkey Konga jungle beat with bongos for 6.97. It was priced at 54.99. Just asked employee to do a price check.

My friend found another one in Portland just last week. So either someone returned it or they forgot to put it out at the start of the clearance.

[quote name='eau']Dang! I'm still looking for DOA4 in their clearance bin.[/quote]

I went back in with 3 games and no dice on adjusting for the additional clearance. They said I'd have to return and then find them again later on the shelf. It didn't matter anyway, as it appeared the clearance is back to 20% again (which I saw after I went to the customer service desk - d'oh!).

The only things they can't seem to sell at these prices are THAW and NHL 2K6 for the 360 and several Xbox sports games.

I saw a bunch of new additions in the clearance bin today. Price is $9.97 before the 20% off.

:ps2: Terminator: Dawn of Fate
:ps2: Path of Neo

:gc: Shrek Smash and Crash
:gc: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
:gc: NFS Underground 2

:xbox: Path of Neo

:gba: Duel Masters

Plus a few more that I can't seem to recall...

Thanks for the heads up - I had to go to FM because it has been a month since I bought some of the 360 games that went on clearance and no one wanted them (2 copies of Kameo). So I returned those and picked up the Shrek racing game for $8. Another one I saw was Sonic Riders for the GC for $9.97 before discount. Not bad considering I got it at GR for $20. Path of Neo for the PS2 is also $8 after discount. No new 360 stuff though - they still just have the same 2 copies of THAW they've had for more than a month now. It seems they've even sold things like NHL 2K6 at $16 - kind of surprising, actually. No wonder things never make it to *really* cheap prices at my FM.

I'm guessing Pac-Man Rally for the GC is also going to be $8 now, maybe? I saw it for $19.97 - $3.99 a few weeks ago. If anyone can get that for $8 and wants to trade for it let me know. I can pick up a Sonic Riders or Path of Neo. I think they had another Shrek Smash 'N Crash too.

Picked up Shadow The Hedgehog for GC tonight for $8 (on clearance for $9.97 then 20% off). I was hoping to make that a fiver, but $8 isn't too bad and if I find it somewhere else within 30 days I can return my FM copy. I'm definitely glad I passed this up at $30 from GR (actually sold my preordered copy on ebay for $40 or so after the mediocre reviews came out ;)).

I also saw Teen Titans for GC for $8. This was on clearance before but it might have been $16. Or it might have been $8, I'm not sure...

There's a boatload of Xbox Sports titles. This store also had Rumble Roses, The Outfit, and Gun for 360 (all $16 after discount). Tempted on Gun, but I'm holding out for cheaper ;).

Anyone still sees DOA4 in the clearance bin? I'm still hoping for a slim chance to find a FM that still has it.

[quote name='eau']Anyone still sees DOA4 in the clearance bin? I'm still hoping for a slim chance to find a FM that still has it.[/quote]

I saw one copy two weeks ago (in Bellingham, WA) but didn't pick it up because I'm not a fighting game guy.

bread's done
Back