Fred Meyer clearance (now at additional 20% off)

petersen98374

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
At the Fred Meyer in WA, they have their clearance games an extra 20% off.
I got (Gamecube)
Odama $20 -20% = $16
Def Jam V $2 -20% =$1.50
Ant Bully $10 -20% =$8
Pikmin 2 $10 -20% =$8
Sonic Riders $10 -20% =$8
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness $10 -20% =$8

Check it out, you might find something good!

Nintendo DS
$9.97
Alex Rider Stormbreaker
Danny Phantom
Deep Labyrinth
Franklin
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Lost Magic
Metroid Prime Pinball
Monster House
Nicktoons Unite
Over The Hedge
Over The Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts
Ping Pals (yes, overpriced at $9.97 )
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Children of Mana
Contact
Magnetica
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Bomberland Touch

GameBoy Advance
$1.97
Metroid NES Classics

$9.97
Ant Bully
Danny Phantom
Mega Man 6
Over The Hedge
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
...LOTS more

$19.97
Castlevania Double Pack
FF IV
Some TMNT double pack

Gamecube
$1.97
Def Jam V

$9.97
Pikmin 2
Sonic Riders
Shrek Smash and Crash
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
NFS Underground 2
Ant Bully
Teen Titans
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Shadow Hedgehog

$19.97
Pac-Man World Rally
Odama

Xbox
$1.97
Drake
PGR 2
MechAssault

Xbox $9.97 games
Flatout
Flatout 2
SSX On Tour
NFL Street 2
Timesplitters FP
Driver Parallel Lines
Open Season
Over the Hedge
Battlefield 2
Rainbow Six Critical Hour
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
NBA Ballers Phenom
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars KOTOR
Star Wars III ROTS
Mercenaries
Da Vinci Code
Several sports games including NHL 2K6
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
Star Wars Battlefront
DDR Ultramix 4 Bundle (yes, with pad)

Xbox 360 games. All are $15.98 after discount:

Bomberman Act Zero
College Hoops 2K6
Dead or Alive 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fifa 2006 World Cup
Full Auto
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
NHL 2K6
Quake 4
Rumble Roses
The Outfit
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Forza

PS2
$1.97
Blowout
Arc The Lad End of Darkness
Dead TO Rights II
R Racing Evolution
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell

$9.97
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Path of Neo
Parallel Lines
Call of Duty 2 SE
Clock Tower 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Pirates of the Caribbean Legend of Jack Sparrow
Shrek Smash N Crash Racing
Full Spectrum Warriors Ten Hammers $9.97
50 Cents Bulletproof $9.97
Bratz: Forever Diamondz $9.97
Flushed Away $9.97
Godfather $9.97
Justice Leagues Heroes $9.97
Lupin the 3rd $9.97
Monster House $9.97
Pimp My Ride $19.97
Sopronos $9.97
Taito Legends $9.97

$19.97
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $19.97
NFS Carbon Collector's Ed $19.97

PSP
$9.97
Bomberman
Capcom Classics Remixed
Coded Arms
Gradius Collection
Infected
MLB 06
NBA Ballers Rebound
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Open Season
Pac Man World 3
Prince of Persia Revelations
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Spy Fiction
World Series of Poker

$19.97
Rengoku

UNKNOWN SYSTEMS
Super Robot Wars Original Generation

found Moto GP 06 (360) for $9.97 before the 20% off

The RS:Vegas was the LE version and the $49.97 is before the 20% off (comes out to $39.xx)

Also found .hack GU vol. 1 for $19.97 before the 20% off

The Total War: Eras collection for PC was available for 19.97 w/ 20% off. The collection includes Medieval Total War (the first one), Shogun Total Ware, and Rome Total War, including all expansions, and the soundtrack CD.

Pretty good deal, especially considering Rome Total War Gold is still at least 19.99 in stores.

[quote name='eau']IIRC, Cars is the only 360 game that's below $10.[/QUOTE]
Well, that and Ridge Racer - but maybe you aren't counting that ;).

Here's a new one: Okami (PS2) $19.97

[quote name='io']Well, that and Ridge Racer - but maybe you aren't counting that ;).

Here's a new one: Okami (PS2) $19.97[/QUOTE]

I'd get Okami, but they hadn't pulled it out to clearance yet. It's probably still in the case, and if I'm lucky, it'll have a clearance sticker.

I'd be excited if they had their 50% off sale again this year, because that didn't happen last year, and the year previous it was the best haul I ever had.

[quote name='Archgarth']
I'd be excited if they had their 50% off sale again this year, because that didn't happen last year, and the year previous it was the best haul I ever had.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k... I've been living 1/2 mile from a Fred Meyer since 2003 and active on CAG since 2005 and I don't remember any such thing. What exaxctly was it, 50% off clearance? I can't imagine having missed that! Though to be hoest, there's only a few more things I'd get at 50% vs 20%. Maybe N3 and a few other 360 games.

[quote name='io']:whistle2:k... I've been living 1/2 mile from a Fred Meyer since 2003 and active on CAG since 2005 and I don't remember any such thing. What exaxctly was it, 50% off clearance? I can't imagine having missed that! Though to be hoest, there's only a few more things I'd get at 50% vs 20%. Maybe N3 and a few other 360 games.[/QUOTE]

I thought Fred Meyer usually did things across the board at all stores, but in 2005 the Wood Village, OR had a 50% off clearance games sale (it was also held at the one on Division in Gresham).

I picked up Otogi 1 & 2 (9.99 a piece, 50% off 19.99 clearance), R.A.D. Pinball of the Dead, Bangai-O (Because the Wood Village Fred Meyer still had repackaged SNES games at the time, a Dreamcast game was hardly unusual), and a couple others.

Bizzare that you don't remember it, it was my best haul all year. Maybe they didn't do it in Vancouver (I think that's where you live, if memory serves me correctly).

Edit: Bingo, here's the original thread in Northwest Deals: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71470

Sorry you didn't get in on it Io.

[quote name='io']Well, that and Ridge Racer - but maybe you aren't counting that ;).[/quote]
Didn't see Ridge Racer in the bin ;)

Anyway, don't own a 360 and therefore don't pay much attention to 360 games. Maybe I should :)

[quote name='darkchaostitan']That's a good list does the same apply online?[/quote]

I don't think there is a online store for video games, correct me if I am wrong

Just picked up Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP) and Valkyrie Profile Silmeria (PS2) for $20.00 each. These are on sale (both down $10 from $30), but not on clearance yet.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Just picked up Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP) and Valkyrie Profile Silmeria (PS2) for $20.00 each. These are on sale (both down $10 from $30), but not on clearance yet.[/QUOTE]
were they 20% off too? i own lenneth, but i really wanna get silmeria.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']were they 20% off too? i own lenneth, but i really wanna get silmeria.[/quote]

Nope. No 20% off on these because they aren't on clearance... just on sale.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Nope. No 20% off on these because they aren't on clearance... just on sale.[/QUOTE]
ah. bummer. thanks for the heads up, though.

The local Fred Meyer moved a bunch of 360 games into the clearance with 20% off. $20 titles which come to $16 with the discount included Condemned, 99 Nights, and Bullet Witch. Condemned is a great deal at $16 if you haven't played it.

I saw another $8 one (to add to Cars and Ridge Racer): Moto GP 06. All the copies of Cars I saw at every store a few weeks back were just flat out gone when I went a day or two after these new drops happened. I guess they were all bought up, but that seems strange since so much other stuff was left there. Good thing I got that used copy a few weeks ago (my son really wanted it and I'd be kicking myself for missing it for $8 at FM).

Well, checked out two Fred Meyers in the Portland suburbs, not the deal is 50% off of clearance items, rather than 20%. It makes the $30 xbox 360 games on the clearance rack $15, and $20 ps2/xbox games $10.

I was going to bump this myself just now. The 50% additional off clearance prices runs through Sunday. However, if you can get out there tonight, there is a $10 off $50 or more coupon that you can use on ANYTHING in Electronics including clearance, iPods, video game consoles, whatever (I think there are a few restrictions but nothing that matters here). I saw the coupons laying in stacks (they were in a newspaper insert) in a few stores so you should be able to get one. If not, ask at the CS desk.

I went out last night to get my son one of the orange iPod shuffles for Christmas with the coupon that came in my paper since you can never get those things discounted. I stumbled upon the 50% off clearance then. It didn't strike me until I left that I could use that coupon on the games as well! They didn't have much at my store, but I went to a few others today.

Some highlights:

DDR Universe bundle (w/pad) for 360: $29.97 after 50% off. I saw MANY MANY MANY of these. One store had at least 10.
Elebits: $14.97
Prey Limited Edition: $9.97
Tekken Dark Resurrection PSP: $4.97
Legend of Heroes III PSP: $9.97

...and many more. The 50% also makes a lot of the clearance games that have been sitting around unsold at 20% much more attractive too, so it's worth checking it out. I finally picked up a Ninety-Nine Nights at $9.97 - wasn't interested at $16. Stuff like that...

All of the $9.97 clearance 360 games seem to be gone (they'd be $5 with the 50% discount). I did find a ChoroQ for $1.97 before discount (so less than $1 after ;)). I couldn't pass that up!

Anyway, to recap, the 50% off runs through Sunday, but the $10 off coupon is only good till 11pm tonight! I may have to run down to my local store one more time just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I went tonight to get the free turkey (spend $100), and was shocked to see
all the games on the 50% table. They aleady had clearance stickers so I thought that was the deal, but after I asked they said 1/2 off the lowest price
so I picked up

99nights-9.99
Hour of Victor-14.99
Import Tuner-14.99
Madden 07 Hall of Fame edition-9.99

and to top it off they had a $10 off if you spend $50 in electronics, so I got all
4 games for only $40 and a free 17lb turkey, sweeeet.:bouncy:

[quote name='pun123']I went tonight to get the free turkey (spend $100), and was shocked to see
all the games on the 50% table. They aleady had clearance stickers so I thought that was the deal, but after I asked they said 1/2 off the lowest price
so I picked up

99nights-9.99
Hour of Victor-14.99
Import Tuner-14.99
Madden 07 Hall of Fame edition-9.99

and to top it off they had a $10 off if you spend $50 in electronics, so I got all
4 games for only $40 and a free 17lb turkey, sweeeet.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It's good to see this 50 % clearance come back, seeing as how it almost takes two years or more for it to happen.

Games go to Fred Meyer and languish.

[quote name='Archgarth']It's good to see this 50 % clearance come back, seeing as how it almost takes two years or more for it to happen.

Games go to Fred Meyer and languish.[/QUOTE]

I've been living 1/2 mile from a FM for 4 years now and never saw 50% off on clearance Electronics before. Though it would be easy to miss as it is only Friday - Sunday.

I don't think it was 50% Friday, at least I think I was at Fred Meyers yesterday, this deal might be a Saturday-Sunday timeframe. I didn't see anything showing when it expires either, just going by other peoples' reports.

[quote name='richdmoore']I don't think it was 50% Friday, at least I think I was at Fred Meyers yesterday, this deal might be a Saturday-Sunday timeframe. I didn't see anything showing when it expires either, just going by other peoples' reports.[/QUOTE]

Well, I was there Friday night and bought an iFish for my daughter and it rang up 50% off. Plus there were signs everywhere ;).

I was told at 2 different stores when I asked about it that the 50% ends Sunday. I certainly hope it goes longer, though the coupon is dead for sure after tonight (says Fr/Sat only).

picked up 'bullet witch' and 'perfect dark zero' for $10 each. 'bullet witch' is much more fun than i thought it would be. sure, it has some head scratching design decisions from time to time, but if you enjoy japanese game design, its a lot of fun.

[quote name='io']
Tekken Dark Resurrection PSP: $4.97
Legend of Heroes III PSP: $9.97[/quote]
Were these the 'regular' clearance prices before discount?

I was able to pick up on Saturday and Sunday after 50% off:

Elebits - $14.97
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii) - $14.97
Brothers in Arms (DS) - $9.97
Rogue Galaxy (PS2) - $14.97
Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP): $4.97
Legend of Heroes III (PSP): $9.97
Rule of Rose (PS2): $14.97
Touchmaster (DS) - $9.97
All-Pro Football 2K8 (360) - $9.97
Tony Hawk Project 8 (360) - $9.97
Steambot Chronicles (PS2) - $9.97

Can't complain about my haul at all! ^_^ FM needs to have more of these 50% clearance sales!

[quote name='eau']Were these the 'regular' clearance prices before discount?[/QUOTE]

Those are the 50% off prices - I said it for the first item but didn't want to type it for all of them after that ;).

My FM has 3 of the DDR bundles out today. Why they couldn't have them out during the 50% I have no idea... Apparently they didn't want to get rid of them ;).

I went in today and all the signs were down except one which still said 50% off. I asked the employee there and she said it was back to 20%. I told her she better take down that sign then (and she thanked me and promptly removed it).

She did say she thought they'd have it back again soon - but nothing is scheduled that she knows of. It was just her feeling... I got pretty much all I wanted from that sale, but my hope would be that they add a bunch of other stuff prior to or coincident with it next time (like the Wii games and DDR bundle this time).

Clearance is back to 20%... BUT:

Heads up - there's a $10 off $50/$20 off $100/$30 off $150 coupon for Friday/Saturday (Nov 30/Dec 1) that works on pretty much anything in Electronics including video game hardware and iPods and the like. Get that Zelda DS bundle for $120! (Or a PSP $30 off or whatever)

Of course you need to add in something to push you from $149.99 to $150. They just happened to have a frontlane display of $9.99 games that are on sale for $4.99. I saw Monster House and Barnyard for the GC, Flatout for the PS2, Gunpey and some Sudoku game for the DS, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee and MechAssault for the Xbox, and several GBA games including RebalStar Tactical Command. There's a few things in there I wanted anyway.

My Smith's Marketplace (aka Fred Meyer) had pulled their clearance section when I was there yesterday. The 30% off (it hasn't gone to 20% for months!) is also gone.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I found a few clearance games in the case. They were still marked on clearance price, but there wasn't anything worth getting that I didn't already have.

[quote name='io']Clearance is back to 20%... BUT:

Heads up - there's a $10 off $50/$20 off $100/$30 off $150 coupon for Friday/Saturday (Nov 30/Dec 1) that works on pretty much anything in Electronics including video game hardware and iPods and the like. Get that Zelda DS bundle for $120! (Or a PSP $30 off or whatever)

Of course you need to add in something to push you from $149.99 to $150. They just happened to have a frontlane display of $9.99 games that are on sale for $4.99. I saw Monster House and Barnyard for the GC, Flatout for the PS2, Gunpey and some Sudoku game for the DS, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee and MechAssault for the Xbox, and several GBA games including RebalStar Tactical Command. There's a few things in there I wanted anyway.[/quote]
Or a get a pack of gums to push it over $150 :)

$120 for the Zelda DS Lite bundle is tempting but I already have a black DS Lite.

Crap! Just realized the coupon expired yesterday. Well, at least I didn't waste time and gas to get there.

Yeah, not gonna work today. But this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks they've had a (Fri/Sat only) great bonus discount coupon that works for everything in Electronics. Hopefully they will keep it up.

Note that you could sell the Zelda out of the bundle for at least $20, making the Gold DS $100. That's what I'm doing, anyway ;).

In other news, I noticed that the clearance was back up to 30% again today, probably for this whole week. Now if they add some new stuff on Thurs/Fri or drop prices again that would be great.

Found some new additions to the clearance bin, in time for the 30% off :)

I can't remember all but:

:psp: Fast and Furious $9.97
:ds: Spiderman: Battle for New York $9.97
:wii: Elebits $?

Plus some sport titles for 360 and PS3.

[quote name='eau']Found some new additions to the clearance bin, in time for the 30% off :)

I can't remember all but:

:wii: Elebits $?

Plus some sport titles for 360 and PS3.[/QUOTE]

Actually, those (at least the last 2) were available for the 50% off a couple weeks back ;). I got Spiderman BfNY for $5. I should make an update to the OP when I get a chance...

Ok. I went back to FM to pick up Fast and Furious and here was what I'd found relatively new (that is, I didn't see those in the past couple of weeks).

:ds: Brothers in Arms DS $9.97 or $19.97 (can't remember)
:wii: Elebits $29.97
:wii: Heatseeker $29.97
:wii: MK: Armageddon $29.97
:ps2: Choro Q $1.97
:ps3: All-Pro Football 2K8 $29.97
:360: All-Pro Football 2k8 $19.97
:pc: Spider-Man 3 $19.97
Lord of the Rings Online game card $19.97

You must have some slow Electronics managers there ;). Those were all marked down and sold out at a few of the Portland area FM's 2 weeks ago during the 50% off sale (that is, extrapolating from the few I went back to a few days later, I'd assume they are all gone now).

In addition to all the ones you saw above, I saw these:

:ds: Touchmaster $19.97
:ds: Marvel Trading Card Game $19.97 or $29.97 (not sure, didn't buy it)
:ps2: Atelier Iris 2 $29.97
:ps2: Tales of the Abyss $19.97
:psp: Legend of Heroes III $19.97
:psp: Legend of Heroes II $9.97
:psp: Tekken Dark Resurrection $9.97
:360: Condemned $19.97
:360: Dance Dance Revolution Universe (w/pad) $59.97 (was $30 with 50% off!)
:360: Samurai Warriors 2 $19.97
:360: Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $29.97
:wii: World Series of Poker $19.97 or $29.97 (again, not sure)
:xbox: Family Guy: $19.97

And there was lots more that was new as well. The receipt where I bought some of these things at 50% off is from Nov 17th. A *few* of these might be older - like the Samurai Warriors games. I wasn't sure if those were new. But the DS, PSP, Wii and DDR games were definitely new then.

I just went to the Lynnwood, WA Fred Meyer today, and it looks like they're clearing out their Gamecube and GBA games; they were all marked 40% off. There was a small selection, but I saw some pretty good titles like Super Smash, Mario Kart DD, RE4, and LoZ: Twilight Princess. YMMV?

[quote name='y2kenjination']I just went to the Lynnwood, WA Fred Meyer today, and it looks like they're clearing out their Gamecube and GBA games; they were all marked 40% off. There was a small selection, but I saw some pretty good titles like Super Smash, Mario Kart DD, RE4, and LoZ: Twilight Princess. YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Just came back from FM and didn't see this. They had pulled them out of the case last week but didn't have them with the clearance stuff today (which is the same as it was last week - nothing new there). I'll have to look more closely next time.

yeah, at my local fred meyer all gamecube, gba, and xbox games have been pulled from the shelves and are now on the clearance rack. i checked a couple prices:

super smash bros melee $17.99 (marked $29.99)
final fantasy vi $17.99 (marked $29.99)

cool.

[quote name='io']Hmmm. Just came back from FM and didn't see this. They had pulled them out of the case last week but didn't have them with the clearance stuff today (which is the same as it was last week - nothing new there). I'll have to look more closely next time.[/quote]
ditto.

Btw, it has reverted back to 20% off this week.

I've been waiting for a price drop on Halo 2 for the Xbox, does anyone remember seeing if it has dropped in price along with the others? I checked saturday, and Halo 2 was still the normal $30 price.

[quote name='richdmoore']I've been waiting for a price drop on Halo 2 for the Xbox, does anyone remember seeing if it has dropped in price along with the others? I checked saturday, and Halo 2 was still the normal $30 price.[/QUOTE]
it was on the 'cheap rack' with the rest of the clearance games, but no i didn't check the price.

I went to 3 Fred Meyers today and checked out the current deals in the Portland Area.

The first one was in Beaverton, OR (Beaverton Town Square.) The normal 20% off rack was there, with no additions, but the other side had all of their remaining (non-clearance) gamecube games at new prices between $11 to $15. They also had all of their gameboy games on sale. The normal (non-clearance) xbox games were not discounted at all. Halo 2 was the normal $30, and Black was the normal $20.

The second Fred Meyer was east of Beaverton on US 10. (I think portland proper?) They had a rack of gamecube games at $11 to $15, gameboy advance games were also on the rack. The clearance rack for ps2 and xbox was 30% off, but they only had the games previously listed as clearance, and no other xbox games at all.

The final Fred Meyer I went to was the Beaverton-Hillsboro one on Walker Rd. They had the normal clearance rack (20% off), with no deals on the other games, including the remaining non-clearance Gamecube games that were normal price. I forgot to check and see if the Gameboy games were on sale. Halo 2 was the normal $30 price tag.

A little bit around the map right now for these deals, it probably will pay to go to multiple close by Fred Meyers if you have them in your area.

I hope this helps others.

[quote name='eau']I just came back from FM and they are having 40% off clearance today.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I saw that yesterday. There is nothing really worth buying though - same stuff they've had since the 50% off ran, so all the good stuff is gone anyway. I'll update the thread title though.

It was 40% off at the vancouver freddie's too. I picked up super robot og 2 for $5. Strange how last week they had all the yellow stickers for the gba/cube clearence games, but no games. This week they have a full display of the clearence games. (many at outrageous prices. $17 for tales of phantasia, ffv, ffvii?)

bread's done
Back